Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 23 9mm conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    vg247
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2004
    • 1071

    Comment

    • #17
      navydad2010
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 545

      Got a Zeta 9mm kit for my G23 gen 3 . Great reliability using 9mm mags or 40...
      Political Correctness is just fascism pretending to be manners-George Carlin

      Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. - James Madison

      Comment

      • #18
        Bullets&Whitewalls
        Senior Member
        • May 2012
        • 2380

        I tried the barrel conversion. Lone wolf off eBay. Had a few issues and sold it off. I was half way to a new gun with mags and barrel and springs..... fwiw the guy I sold the barrel to has had no issues whatsoever. I bought a 19 and I’m pretty happy I did.

        Comment

        • #19
          avcrew
          Member
          • May 2013
          • 271

          I'm sure any conversion barrel will work to make the gun go bang. Tried a KKM Precision barrel in my G22 with both G17 and G22 extractors. Went bang every time and the barrel was very accurate. I simply did not like the weak extraction and ejection. Bought a G17 on sale for $499. Like poster above said, barrel, mags, small parts and you're in for half the cost of a new Glock. Occasional use at the range, no problem, but it will never perform as comprehensively as a factory 9mm Glock.

          Comment

          • #20
            jager56
            Member
            • Aug 2018
            • 200

            I like the Brownells RRM slide with window cut and a Zev Tech barrel. Just swap the slide and mag and your 9mm ready.

            Comment

            • #21
              shortround1
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 993

              I think it would be best to get a complete gen 4 g19 slide assembly and just swap the ejector housing in the g23 frame. Then you have a legitimate g19 that will function as intended.
              So um... moon labia or something.

              Comment

              • #22
                Hahtrod
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2017
                • 19

                Gen 3 G23 9mm conversion

                CalGuns members advised I could get a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 gen 3 and so I did. I went whole hog and bought a ZEV technologies one and a couple Glock 19 10rd mags for the range off Ebay.
                No regrets. It is a tack driver. Mostly shooting Fiocchi 115 and 124 fmj.
                After a range shoot I put the 40 cal barrel back in because that is what is listed on my carry license. I didn't buy a Lone Wolf because I figure you get what you pay for and I hear some of you didn't like em enough to keep em.
                Last edited by Hahtrod; 04-16-2019, 8:44 AM. Reason: spell check

                Comment

                • #23
                  Roering
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2014
                  • 688

                  Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
                  I just snagged a Lone Wolf brand 9mm barrel, tfanks for the advice gentlemen.
                  I have the same setup. Another bonus to this (for me) is that it adds a little more weight to the front of the firearm. I find it has a little better balance for some reason.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    FLIGHT762
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3072

                    Couple of years ago, I bought a LW 9MM Glock 23 conv barrel and three G-19 mags. Had a couple of stoppages out of 100, with some Federal Aluminum cases ammo.

                    No issue with brass cased 9MM ammo. I only use this for plinking. Only have fired 500 or so rounds out of it.

                    For the occasional 9MM plinking with the G-23, I'm satisfied with it.

                    The G-23 is my carry gun so I don't want to convert any other parts.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      thegamettt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2630

                      ive used lone wolf and KKM, the KKM gave me FTF and FTE when it was cold. Changed ejector and extractor and all was fine.
                      Have a good day!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1