Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

High end 1911s vs Customs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Litespeeds
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 3260

    So is the NightHawk VIP 1911 considered a semi custom or full custom?

    Comment

    • #47
      AFTII
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 1617

      I love the look of Mastodon tooth grips, but they sure are expensive - and generally fragile to boot.

      Comment

      • #48
        Robert1234
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 3081

        Originally posted by AFTII
        I love the look of Mastodon tooth grips, but they sure are expensive - and generally fragile to boot.
        Probably not getting shot, so the fragility is a moot point.

        Comment

        • #49
          AFTII
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 1617

          Originally posted by Litespeeds
          So is the NightHawk VIP 1911 considered a semi custom or full custom?
          Does it really matter? It's really just semantics.

          But to answer your question, I'd say that since the VIP packages have options for you to "have it your way," and you get to specify the options you want at the time the gun is ordered, its a full custom, i.e., built to the customer's specs.

          But, again, its really just semantics.

          Comment

          • #50
            AFTII
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2014
            • 1617

            Originally posted by Robert1234
            Probably not getting shot, so the fragility is a moot point.
            If it was my gun, it would get shot.

            Comment

            • #51
              Robert1234
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 3081

              Originally posted by AFTII
              If it was my gun, it would get shot.
              Betting you're not the kind of guy who spends $5,500.00 on a gun though.

              Comment

              • #52
                AFTII
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 1617

                Originally posted by Robert1234
                Betting you're not the kind of guy who spends $5,500.00 on a gun though.
                You'd lose that bet.

                Comment

                • #53
                  JTROKS
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 13093

                  This is more built to my specs.

                  The wise man said just find your place
                  In the eye of the storm
                  Seek the roses along the way
                  Just beware of the thorns...
                  K. Meine

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Robert1234
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 3081

                    Originally posted by JTROKS
                    This is more built to my specs.

                    I do like those Infiniry guns. Not enough to buy one, but more than enough to wish I had a rich uncle who would give me one for Christmas

                    Nice gun, but not a 1911. Got any $5,500.00 single stack guns?

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      JTROKS
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 13093

                      Originally posted by Robert1234
                      I do like those Infiniry guns. Not enough to buy one, but more than enough to wish I had a rich uncle who would give me one for Christmas

                      Nice gun, but not a 1911. Got any $5,500.00 single stack guns?
                      Naaaahhh!... just these. The NH Talon will be the pricey one.



                      I do have a 2011 and Caspian Widebody still in the safe waiting for my boys to get to the right age and decide how they will build them.
                      The wise man said just find your place
                      In the eye of the storm
                      Seek the roses along the way
                      Just beware of the thorns...
                      K. Meine

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Robert1234
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 3081

                        Originally posted by JTROKS
                        Naaaahhh!... just these. The NH Talon will be the pricey one.



                        Nice collection. Your cup runneth over, though I see some plastic mixed in.I do have a 2011 and Caspian Widebody still in the safe waiting for my boys to get to the right age and decide how they will build them.
                        I built a Caspian wide body a few years ago for USPSA. Made it basic, black. Good shooting gun. I like the feel of them over the Para or STI plastic grips. Haven't tried a metal grip yet.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Crumbles
                          Member
                          • Sep 2018
                          • 106

                          Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                          I love the 1911 and will not badmouth any high end maker or their dedicated customers who fork over mountains of dough for them. But at least for now I am blissfully ignorant with my $1K and below 1911's that all run great. Sooner or later the kool aid will be drank though....
                          Well said. Life is about being happy with what you have.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            brassburnz
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3553

                            When I was shooting Bullseye, I'd build my own 1911's. I learned how to fit barrels properly so they locked up just right. Learned how to fit triggers, hammers, and sears for different types of let-offs. Taught myself how to checker front-straps and contour the frame for different types of holds and fitting beaver-tails.

                            Talked to quite a few gunsmiths and they were always happy to share ideas and help me out if I ran into a problem.

                            My 1911's aren't anything special to anyone else, but they fit me just the way I want them to. They are extremely accurate although I am not. I like having guns that are more accurate than me.
                            NRA Life Member
                            CRPA Life Member

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1