Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G19 Mags...again.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    RotaryRevn
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1079

    after all this time, glock has not fixed the followers in the 10 round mags?

    Comment

    • #32
      Max Power!
      Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 261

      I just picked up some new followers marked 9mm7 and they fit my 10 round G19 mags without modification. Haven't fired any rounds with them but the slide locks back on an empty magazine. When I press on the front of the follower it does not tilt like the 2183-2 does.

      Comment

      • #33
        4GLOCK30
        Member
        • Jun 2018
        • 373

        OP

        IMHO it would be worth $10.40 with free shipping to buy the Magpul PMag G9 and try it.

        I don't have a G19 but do run the PMags in my PCC 9mm and they have never failed yet

        This is where I got mine

        Comment

        • #34
          damon1272
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 4857

          You could also buy some blocked 15 round mags. Too much effort to not try some cheaper easier fixes.

          Comment

          • #35
            SMG41
            Junior Member
            • May 2017
            • 12

            Comment

            • #36
              Bug Catcher
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2016
              • 21

              What are you guys doing to your guns to make a Glock not work? Check your ammo is powerful enough to cycle the Gen 4 double spring.
              Be kind. Be honest. Be consistent.

              Comment

              • #37
                BuckshotBob
                Member
                • May 2013
                • 311

                I just use my factory glock 10 rounders for the range and bought some 15 rounds blocked to 10 rounds from Jestice Arms for defensive/CCW use and called it a day. I will eventually do some reliability testing with the Magpul mags but for now those are just for the range as well.
                Last edited by BuckshotBob; 10-24-2018, 9:43 AM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Lead Waster
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 16650

                  Does this only happen with the G19? I ask because just because I had some new-in-package G17/34 magazines that I just opened yesterday and noticed they all had the 2183-2 magazines. Their intended use was for my G17 (or 34). And does it only happen with hollowpoints?
                  ==================

                  sigpic


                  Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                  Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                  There. Are. Four. Lights!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BarrettM99
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 2199

                    I haven’t had any issues with any of my mags. They all feed reliably.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Paperchasin
                      YOU are next!!
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 6407

                      Never knew this was an issue.
                      Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Notpc
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2016
                        • 3886

                        Is this still an issue? I have been thinking about replacing my LCR with a G19 the next renewal. I will then be Glock across the board. So are you guys saying that Glock still hasn't remedied the problem with their 10 round magazines?
                        "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."
                        Roy Batty

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          19K
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 3621

                          Never know how many issues people have with these. I never saw it when I worked at a range.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            shortround1
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 993

                            Originally posted by OCEquestrian
                            Why would anyone want to change anything in a stock Glock 19 pistol, one of the most reliable pistols in the world... EVER? I have never had a stock glock 19 fail to consume any and all 9mm ammo it was fed, including ammo that all my other 9mm pistols except the Beretta 92 rejected.

                            And then be surprised when said modifications dont go well and cause stoppages???
                            A lot of people don't have the same success as you are having. My G19 can't feed Speer Gold Dots reliably at all.
                            So um... moon labia or something.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              shortround1
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 993

                              This is really interesting and mirrors my issues. Specifically the Gen 4 G19 and 124 grain Gold Dots for me. I wonder how many of us having this problem are using Gen 4 Glock 19's? My older gen 3 ate Ranger sxt ammo just fine, but I never tried any other hollow points in it and I no longer have that gen 3. I've always wondered if the gen 3's worked better with those god forsaken 2183 followers.
                              So um... moon labia or something.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                tal3nt
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 3168

                                Hst rounds might nose dive into the feed ramp on initial chambering with ten round followers, but the rest of the rounds loaded in the magazine will chamber and cycle without issue when you shoot the gun.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1