Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pocket pistol ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Fantasma
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 3077

    I'm planning on a CZ82

    Comment

    • #32
      5hundo
      Banned
      • Jun 2008
      • 2210

      Originally posted by Gator Monroe
      Baby Browning or Colt .25 Auto !
      Originally posted by socalgunrunner
      I've got a Seecamp .32 ACP. Check them out.
      Honestly though, if you're going to get something as dinky as either of these calibers, why not just get one of those Walther .22s and at least be able to find ammo wherever you go...

      Plus, the ammo is cheaper than .25 and/or .32...

      Last edited by 5hundo; 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM.

      Comment

      • #33
        Vacaville
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4360

        Originally posted by 12GAUGE
        I have the Beretta 950 jet fire in .25 and keep it loaded with Magsafes.
        Nice little guns, they have a tip up barrel to load your first round or you can rack the slide. I think the mag holds 9 rounds?
        +1

        The Beretta .25 is what popped into my mind when I read the OP. Very small.

        Comment

        • #34
          TheBundo
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 1943

          I like my NAA mini 22LR, might get the 22Mag/22LR
          Free Gun & Ammo $$$ from the State
          http://scoweb.sco.ca.gov/UCP/
          See how many CalGunners are finding major money on this thread:
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=172513

          Comment

          • #35
            saki302
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7191

            The P3AT is the ultimate pocket gun. Period! nothing else is as small or light with that kind of punch.

            I'd take .32ACP over .25/22LR any day of the week- it makes a much bigger hole.
            Nothing is quite as small as the NAA revolvers though, if maximum concealability is what you need. The ones with a lanyard ring could be worn around the neck on a dog tag chain and be near invisible. They are hard to shoot well though.

            Want the ultimate? .44 magnum derringer IF you can hang on to it!! I'd go 1st shot .44 spl, 2nd shot, magnum

            -Dave

            PS- your grandmother rocks!!

            Comment

            • #36
              GuyW
              Banned
              • Dec 2002
              • 4298

              Originally posted by 5hundo
              Honestly though, if you're going to get something as dinky as either of these calibers, why not just get one of those Walther .22s and at least be able to find ammo wherever you go...

              Plus, the ammo is cheaper than .25 and/or .32...

              http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=125959764
              You think .25s were created in a vacumn? .22s didn't always go bang when needed - centerfire .25s did.

              Dunno if .22s are manufactured better today or not...
              .

              Comment

              • #37
                5hundo
                Banned
                • Jun 2008
                • 2210

                Originally posted by GuyW
                You think .25s were created in a vacumn? .22s didn't always go bang when needed - centerfire .25s did.

                Dunno if .22s are manufactured better today or not...
                .
                Every .25 I've ever had was a ridiculous POS, so no, they are no more reliable to me than a .22, in my experience...

                Plus, its just as puny as the .22 and ammo is almost 10 times as expensive...

                Comment

                • #38
                  ad6mj
                  Member
                  • Oct 2002
                  • 127

                  The Guardian 32NAA is nice if you can find one PPT.
                  BillR

                  sigpicNRA Life Member

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Quiet
                    retired Goon
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 30242

                    I like my Kel-Tec P-32.
                    Thin, lightweight & small. Excellent for pocket carry.
                    sigpic

                    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      1911su16b870
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 7654

                      Carry the smallest gun you can shoot reliably and accurately. For me that is the Glock 26/27 or the J frame with 38 wad cutters.
                      "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                      NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                      GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                      Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                      I instruct it if you shoot it.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        sintax
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 916

                        KelTec P3AT.

                        Glad I picked one up when I did from a very nice CalGunner. Its a cool lil shooter for sure. Ladies love it!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SCMA-1
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 4292

                          I have an Intratec TEC-38 .38 special 2-shot derringer from the 80's. It is the right balance of small size and cartridge power; especially with hot 38+P.

                          SCMA-1

                          Pics: from Gunbroker.com:



                          sigpic

                          "Wherever I Walk,
                          Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.

                          Wherever I Am,
                          Anyone In Need Has a Friend.

                          Whenever I Return Home,
                          Everyone Is Happy I Am There."
                          - "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. Humphrey

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Vectrexer
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 2473

                            I would recommend going no lower than the 380 ACP size. The reason being that you can qualify in every area in California with the caliber if you go CCW.

                            That is one of the reasons I bought the P3AT. No, I don't have my CCW permit yet. But I will be ready when the chance comes. No, I am not a LEO either. But another was nice enough to sell me a Kel-Tec in excellent shape.

                            BTW, Don't let the fact a pistol is not on the approved list stop you. Find something you like and then wait for it to appear locally for PPT.
                            Last edited by Vectrexer; 04-02-2009, 1:20 PM.
                            - Vectrexer
                            ▶▶ Click Here - My HANDGUNS For Sale ◀◀
                            ▶▶ Click Here - My LONG GUNS For Sale ◀◀
                            ▶▶ Click Here - My MAGAZINES , Parts, & Accessories Sales ◀◀
                            ▶▶ Click Here - My AMMO For Sale ◀◀
                            ▶▶ Click Here - My Non-Firearms Sales ◀◀

                            ▶▶ Send Me A Private Message (PM) ◀◀
                            ▶▶ Vectrexer's Calguns.net iTrader Feedback ◀◀

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              saki302
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 7191

                              That intratec looks rough and crappy and functional- I think I want one

                              Something about the hideousness of the new Ruger revolver makes me want one of those too (but not at their retail price!)

                              -Dave

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                SCMA-1
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 4292

                                Originally posted by saki302
                                That intratec looks rough and crappy and functional- I think I want one
                                -Dave
                                Yep........it is quite functional and because of the adequately sized grip, it is actually fairly accurate; no problem placing the 2 shots in quick succession at 7 yards even with the fairly heavy double action trigger.

                                SCMA-1
                                sigpic

                                "Wherever I Walk,
                                Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.

                                Wherever I Am,
                                Anyone In Need Has a Friend.

                                Whenever I Return Home,
                                Everyone Is Happy I Am There."
                                - "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. Humphrey

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1