Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Small Pocket 9mm suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    boopiejones
    Senior Member
    • May 2014
    • 2044

    If you want something very small, i would go with a 380. the ruger lcp is an extremely pocketable gun. If you want something slightly larger but way more accurate and comfortable to shoot, I would go with the sig p238.
    my Benitez goes to 11

    Comment

    • #32
      yzErnie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2007
      • 6310

      Sig P238
      Kahr PM9
      Kahr 380
      The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

      Originally posted by RazoE
      I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

      Comment

      • #33
        Beendare
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 598

        Smaller than a Shield? I got nuthin.....

        I really like that Shield and doubt I can shoot anything else well.....

        ― Edwin Louis Cole
        ------------------------
        "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face", Mike Tyson

        Comment

        • #34
          Oldmandan
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 2721

          I have a CM9 that is the same size as a PM9, realistically speaking.... pocket carry isn’t going to happen with it, if you’re a jeans guy... unless you’re a big dude and have huge pockets on your jeans

          If you wear cargo pants or slacks, then yes, you will be able to fit it in your pocket and draw it depending on the pants you buy.

          I do have a Diamondback DB9 that sits in the safe, it is about as big as an LCP. I may be convinced to sell it if a guy were to offer me enough money for it. And yes, it does hurt to shoot more than 10 rounds at a time with it. I don’t think in a real defensive situation you’re going to notice that though.
          Last edited by Oldmandan; 03-17-2018, 4:52 PM.
          "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #35
            Hopalong
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 2436

            My buddy has a Sig P238 that he pocket carries.
            I like to kid him about it, but damn, if it don't shoot like a real gun!
            If we were allowed to carry more than two guns here in SLO, I'd get one.

            Comment

            • #36
              Saym14
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2009
              • 7892

              so why not just carry IWB ?

              Comment

              • #37
                mdunbar
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2016
                • 84

                I have a 238 and a See Camp, Both good pocket pistols. But the Sea Camp is a true pocket pistols. N
                either one are 9m
                Last edited by mdunbar; 03-17-2018, 8:35 PM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  scarecrowX52
                  Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • 109

                  I'll put in a word for the Kahr PM9 (or CM9 or MK9) as well.

                  If you wear traditional jeans then the pockets may be a little too small for anything more than a 380. I wear cargo/BDU type pants every day and a PM9 in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster fits quite nicely and is easy to draw. Im pretty sure it's just about the smallest semiauto 9mm available.....but it is still quite manageable to shoot. I have no problem running a box of 50 through it at the range and it doesn't leave my hand sore or fatigued afterward.

                  Originally posted by Ora Serrata
                  I usually pocket carry an LCP. I've had an LC9 and it's too big for pocket carry.

                  The one pocketable 9mm I have is off roster and very rare in Calif. But I see them come up in CG marketplace a couple times a year. And because few ppl pay attention the California markup isn't anything like a walther pps or a G43.

                  Sig P290rs. It's DAO with a long trigger pull and reset. But if you can get used to it it's a great little gun. It's way smaller than a G26.
                  I agree with this guy that the LC9 is too large for pocket carry, (as is the Shield....and the XDS, unless you have pretty generous pockets....the G43 is slightly easier, but still requires a pretty decent sized pocket also).

                  ....and that the SIG P290RS might be a possible option if you get along with them, (and you can find one). I have one on my permit, but I honestly never carry it. It's a little heavier than my PM9, and a little wider, but neither of those things really bother me at all......in fact, I put some SIG "Enhanced" G10 grip panels on mine, (which have a nice palm swell which makes the grip even a little wider still), and I honestly like the way it fits in my hand better than the Kahr. The reason I never carry it is that it's a hammer fired DAO......which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but all my other stuff is striker fired, and by comparison, the 290RS just feels a little too different to me to want to rotate it in and out of my carry routine, (also the shape of the trigger itself has a more noticeable curve to it than my other stuff....again, it's not a bad thing, I just like my stuff to feel more consistent from one to another, I don't want to carry something that feels noticeably foreign to my hand when I draw. I've thought about getting a flat faced trigger from Galloway and see if I like it more after that, but honestly, I'll probably end up selling it and replacing it with something else, as it really doesn't fill any role that isn't already taken care of by my Kahr).

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    cnj
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 1275

                    Originally posted by NorCalGlock9
                    The only one I would recommend for pocket carry is the Kahr PM9/CM9. All others are too big IMO
                    If you are limited by the roster, then I would have to fully agree with NorCalGlock9 here. If roster exempt, look at the Bond Bullpup or the Sig 365.

                    It really depends on your definition of what a pocket pistol is, though. We are all a bit different there. My definition of a true pocket pistol is one that is in your pocket from the moment you roll out of bed in the morning, to when you go to sleep at night. Every single day. It is a gun that can be in your elastic waist band shorts, or your jeans, or your PJ pants, and never weighs them down. It is a gun that is with you so much, you literally need to clean it out every couple of weeks because it gets full of pocket lint. The only small gun I have ever owned that I would consider a true pocket pistol (by MY definition) is my KelTec P32. But then again, it has nowhere near the fire power of a 9mm, which to me are all too large and heavy. Regardless, best of luck in your search.
                    "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
                    NRA member
                    My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
                    If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
                    I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
                    You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      skosh69
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 4290

                      Originally posted by Beendare
                      Smaller than a Shield? I got nuthin.....

                      I really like that Shield and doubt I can shoot anything else well.....
                      This^^^

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Raiderh20boy
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2017
                        • 700

                        Wife and I BOTH have SIG 238 AND SIG 938 listed on our CCW’s and we both have no problem with pocket carry with either one. We range shoot on Sundays and my wife is VERY proficient with both!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          readysetgo
                          CGSSA Coordinator
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 8694

                          Nice veiled WTB thread OP!
                          Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Che762x39
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 4538

                            Originally posted by jswizzle
                            ... but am looking for suggestions for a pocket-sized 9mm. I'd love to hear any and all opinions.
                            If you want a pocket pistol to feel safe. A Beretta .25 ACP or .32 ACP will do the job, JMHO

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              ChristinaGaines
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 40

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                beanz2
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12032

                                With all this talk and threads on small CCW guns, is National Reciprocity gaining ground or something? I thought it was all but dead after Mandalay Bay and Parkland. (I know the *ssholes used ARs)
                                sigpic
                                The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1