Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Transfer Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    newbie1234
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 3131

    Originally posted by scotty99
    It doesn’t seem that the transfer in Nevada requires any paperwork at all - if the cousin and grandparent are both NV residents. Once in the grandparents possession, the interstate intrafamilial transfer is legal.
    Does this work ???????? I do not see why not. All CA DoJ want to see is:
    - Does the pistol legal own by a giver (legal in the State of giver resident) ?
    - Is this a legal intra family transfer: GrandParent <-> Parent <--> SonOrDaughter
    - Firearms transfer from Whaterver State FFL --> CA FFL, and must be a max 10 rds magazine.
    - Then after the Dros and 10 days wait you are the legal owner of that firearm.
    Option:
    - Since you are the legal owner of the firearms you can transfer back to your cousin in NE by send the firearm to him via CA FFL --> NV FFL . Or PPT to another CA resident at CA FFL.

    Am I right ? Please let me know. Thanks You.
    Last edited by newbie1234; 02-26-2018, 5:04 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      If the grandparents are also NV residents the cousin can GIVE the guns to the grandparents and they can in turn GIVE the guns to the OP and NO laws will be broken.

      No NV state laws and so long as the guns are sent to CA for transfer through a local FFL no Federal or California laws would be broken.

      California structure law doesn't effect what Nevada residents do in Nevada. Nevada law doesn't require transfer through a FFL so don't worry about the whole 4473 issue people are talking about. Even if Nevada law did require transfer through a FFL and the 4473 did have to be field out, no big deal. It's 100% legal to "aquire" a firearm as a gift for someone else.

      Originally posted by 4473 Instructions

      Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, a person is

      the actual transferee/buyer if he/she is purchasing the firearm for him/herself or

      otherwise acquiring the firearm for him/herself. (e.g., redeeming the firearm from

      pawn, retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). A person is also the

      actual transferee/buyer if he/she is legitimately purchasing the firearm as a bona

      fide gift for a third party. A gift is not bona fide if another person offered or gave

      the person completing this form money, service(s), or item(s) of value to acquire

      the firearm for him/her, or if the other person is prohibited by law from receiving

      or possessing the firearm.


      Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
      Last edited by morrcarr67; 03-02-2018, 3:44 PM.
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #18
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44690

        Originally posted by newbie1234
        Does this work ???????? I do not see why not. All CA DoJ want to see is:
        - Does the pistol legal own by a giver (legal in the State of giver resident) ?

        - Is this a legal intra family transfer: GrandParent <-> Parent <--> SonOrDaughter

        - Firearms transfer from Whaterver State FFL --> CA FFL, and must be a max 10 rds magazine.

        - Then after the Dros and 10 days wait you are the legal owner of that firearm.
        Option:
        - Since you are the legal owner of the firearms you can transfer back to your cousin in NE by send the firearm to him via CA FFL --> NV FFL . Or PPT to another CA resident at CA FFL.

        Am I right ? Please let me know. Thanks You.
        CA DOJ cares nothing about legal ownership outside of CA; they have no access to such information unless part of a criminal investigation, and the out-of-CA agency would have to cooperate.

        Intrafamilial transfer is one step - parent to child or child to parent, grandparent to grandchild or grandchild to grandparent.

        Once a person has purchased/received-as-a-gift a gun, passed the background check, and waited out the 10 day period, that person may do whatever legal things they like with that gun, including selling it.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #19
          scotty99
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1184

          I think the thing that gets lost too often on Calguns is the letter of the law vs the practical application of the law. Even if what is proposed violates the letter of the law in CA (which I do not believe it does), in the real world, this case never gets made.

          Comment

          • #20
            FalconLair
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 3985

            the cousin could've given the grandparent the firearm 1 year ago and nobody would even know any different - if said grandparent decided to do an interstate intrafamilail transfer there would be no red flag for the CA DOJ to even act on

            chances of this drawing any attention would be pretty low
            Originally posted by Barang
            I! hate! you! FalconLair.
            Originally posted by JagerDog
            I hate you FalconLair!
            Originally Posted by JTROKS
            I hate you FalconLair! I double hate you if you get it before Christmas!
            Originally posted by gcvt
            They hate you FalconLair
            Originally posted by Greta
            HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair

            Comment

            • #21
              Librarian
              Admin and Poltergeist
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 44690

              Originally posted by scotty99
              I think the thing that gets lost too often on Calguns is the letter of the law vs the practical application of the law. Even if what is proposed violates the letter of the law in CA (which I do not believe it does), in the real world, this case never gets made.
              Originally posted by FalconLair
              chances of this drawing any attention would be pretty low
              "It's not enforced." "Who's gonna know?"

              There are thousands of people behind bars today who believed they would not get caught.

              Everyone is free to accept the risks they choose. But choosing requires knowing and positive decision making.

              At Calguns, we talk about the risks. What members actually do about those is up to them - but I'm darned sure I want no one coming back complaining "I didn't know!".
              ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

              Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

              Comment

              • #22
                downdiver2
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 972

                Originally posted by Ewcmr2
                Pass them up to grandma/grandpa and back down to OP?
                Originally posted by scotty99
                I think the thing that gets lost too often on Calguns is the letter of the law vs the practical application of the law. Even if what is proposed violates the letter of the law in CA (which I do not believe it does), in the real world, this case never gets made.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  mike452
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1510

                  It's illegal now posting in this forum. There must be apps that will record and replicate this site for research and record.
                  ======

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    kemasa
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 10706

                    This is a public forum. It is viewed by many who don't have your best interests in mind and suggestions that the law be violated because you can get away with it can be used against everyone.

                    It should not be about what you can get away with, but what is legal.
                    Kemasa.
                    False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                    Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                    Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Two Nuggets
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2016
                      • 1054

                      Welcome to CA. Now bend over and take it.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        michaelthepsycho
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2016
                        • 502

                        MARKETPLACE feedback

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          code_blue
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 3461

                          Aren't you folks more concerned that OP is a newbie with 1 post count asking about a potential "loophole" (as the antis like to call it) to the roster AKA gun laws in CA.

                          Probably another Newsom intern as with the other recent "what if" or "can I" threads.
                          Classifieds:

                          Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            kemasa
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 10706

                            Originally posted by anbu_yoshi
                            Aren't you folks more concerned that OP is a newbie with 1 post count asking about a potential "loophole" (as the antis like to call it) to the roster AKA gun laws in CA.

                            Probably another Newsom intern as with the other recent "what if" or "can I" threads.
                            Honestly, no. The reason why is that it does not matter if it is a long time member or a new member, any suggestion of doing something illegal or which is a gray area should not be promoted on a public forum, or even a private forum.

                            In this case, the best suggestion is to tell the OP to become a LEO.
                            Kemasa.
                            False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                            Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                            Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              code_blue
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 3461

                              I disagree, becoming an LEO for the exemption is a terrible idea, although I've seen more than my fair share of threads/posts about it. SMH

                              Best bet is to move to a free state, but if we really want to be reaching, become a CA politician. They're "exempt" from laws that even LEO's aren't.
                              Classifieds:

                              Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                kemasa
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 10706

                                Originally posted by anbu_yoshi
                                I disagree, becoming an LEO for the exemption is a terrible idea, although I've seen more than my fair share of threads/posts about it. SMH

                                Best bet is to move to a free state, but if we really want to be reaching, become a CA politician. They're "exempt" from laws that even LEO's aren't.
                                Moving is the best option, but becoming an LEO could still be an option.

                                Have you ever run for office? It is an educational experience. People want to vote for those who lie to them. You would have to sell your soul in order to "win", then you lose in having to deal with all the others who got elected, as well as the voters who want what they want. Hitting your head against a wall would be more enjoyable.
                                Kemasa.
                                False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                                Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                                Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1