Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Got my first Sig

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    sgchick
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2017
    • 7

    Originally posted by californiagal
    I'm curious, are you able to manipulate the safety on AND off one-handed? I can get it off, but not back on without adjusting my grip.
    I can't do it with one hand, but I put it on when I'm done shooting while I still have a two hand grip...That way I can use both thumbs. I've been practicing with a holster tho, as I plan to carry it when I ride out of state. I have my Utah CCW.

    Comment

    • #32
      amishfarmer
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 644

      I can manipulate the safety with my thumb. up is more difficult but possible without changing my grip much. I use the inside bony part of the knuckle. it was a bit odd at first but because that's how I do it on my 1911 that's the way I wanted to do in on my 238. my 1911 does feel more natural tho since the safety lever is much larger.
      I"m just a PA native trying to understand CA laws
      Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
      Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense

      Comment

      • #33
        amishfarmer
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 644

        Originally posted by sgchick
        I have a sig p238 also...makes an awesome carry gun.....when I'm outta California...lol
        Next time I go back to PA I plan on getting mine there. Since i'm still a PA resident.
        I do carry mine around the house. Sometimes I forget its even there, which I have to remind my girls of when they wanna jump on me when i'm sitting on the couch
        I"m just a PA native trying to understand CA laws
        Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
        Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense

        Comment

        • #34
          ABR
          Senior Member
          • May 2015
          • 1167

          After cleaning/lube I took my 238 hd out for the first time yesterday. I really like it. Recoil is very minimal and follow up shots were easily back to POA quickly. The safety is difficult to engage as mentioned and knew that before I bought it.
          I went through 200 rounds of Blazer Brass rather quickly and had several casings to the head; perhaps 20-30 and others directly over my head. I'll need to try some different ammo to determine if it needs any adjustments. The pistol absolutely loves defense rounds. Went through 40 Sig V-Crown and 50 Hornady CD's without any issues. That made me very happy.
          I do have an issue with the Sig 7 round mag I purchased along side it. After the 4th round almost without exception, the mag would drop out of the pistol just enough to not feed the 5th round. Not a good situation under circumstance. But in this case observing the LCI made it easy to understand what was going on. No issues whatsoever with the 6 round mag. I need to take the extended mag apart and see what's going on with it.
          sigpic
          "Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

          Comment

          • #35
            CandG
            Spent $299 for this text!
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2014
            • 16970

            Originally posted by wyiel
            p238 was also my first Sig, followed shortly by the p938.

            Surprisingly, the recoil from the p238 and p938 are pretty close, which was disappointing. Never owning a .380 before, I was expecting the recoil to be closer to a .22lr than a centerfire round.
            Curious why you are disappointed by the similar recoil - were you hoping the 238 would have more, or less recoil than the 938?

            I don't have a 938 yet, but someday I'd like one. To me, the benefit of the 238 isn't necessarily that it's a softer shooter (because apparently it isn't), but rather the slightly smaller size.

            I think the 238 is a very soft shooter, which actually speaks volumes about the 938 if its recoil is about the same, because that would make it a very soft shooting 9mm.

            My 238 shoots just as soft as my Beretta 92 Brigadier that's 3x heavier.
            Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


            Comment

            • #36
              amishfarmer
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 644

              Originally posted by ABR
              I do have an issue with the Sig 7 round mag I purchased along side it. After the 4th round almost without exception, the mag would drop out of the pistol just enough to not feed the 5th round. Not a good situation under circumstance. But in this case observing the LCI made it easy to understand what was going on. No issues whatsoever with the 6 round mag. I need to take the extended mag apart and see what's going on with it.
              I did not have any issues with my Sig 7 round mag. Hope you get it sorted out.
              I"m just a PA native trying to understand CA laws
              Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
              Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense

              Comment

              • #37
                CandG
                Spent $299 for this text!
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2014
                • 16970

                I highly recommend the MagGuts 7rd flush-fit magazines for anyone interested in running 7rd mags without an extension. Mine have run every bit as well as the Sig 6rd mags.
                Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                Comment

                • #38
                  ABR
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 1167

                  Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                  Curious why you are disappointed by the similar recoil - were you hoping the 238 would have more, or less recoil than the 938?

                  I don't have a 938 yet, but someday I'd like one. To me, the benefit of the 238 isn't necessarily that it's a softer shooter (because apparently it isn't), but rather the slightly smaller size.

                  I think the 238 is a very soft shooter, which actually speaks volumes about the 938 if its recoil is about the same, because that would make it a very soft shooting 9mm.

                  My 238 shoots just as soft as my Beretta 92 Brigadier that's 3x heavier.
                  The 238 is a soft shooter, as is the 938 IMO. I was shooting them side by side yesterday as well. There's no question the 938 is a bit more stout with recoil but not an issue at all. I found the 938 a bit more accurate in my hands too. In all fairness, I was also shooting an XD40 within the mix and of course that lowers the bar for the Sig's.
                  sigpic
                  "Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    9mmContagion
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 3242

                    Originally posted by amishfarmer
                    I realized due to the heavy trigger pull I was flinching a little and pulling my shots down.
                    Heavy trigger pull?! Do you own any DA triggers?
                    9mmContagion Feedback

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      kmas
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 1315

                      Congrats, great gun.

                      Let us know how it is after 500 & 1000 rounds

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        ojisan
                        Agent 86
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 11782

                        Does anybody know if the MagGuts Sig 238 mag works in a Mustang?

                        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                        I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CandG
                          Spent $299 for this text!
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 16970

                          Originally posted by ojisan
                          Does anybody know if the MagGuts Sig 238 mag works in a Mustang?
                          Great question, from what I understand the magazine bodies are the same for both pistols, but the followers are slightly different. Still, people often use the factory mags interchangeably, but I couldn't find anyone online saying that they've actually tried the magguts mags in a mustang.

                          If you want I can send you one to try out if you promise to send it back since I need it for my EDC
                          Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                          Comment

                          • #43
                            amishfarmer
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 644

                            Originally posted by Ldarshay
                            Heavy trigger pull?! Do you own any DA triggers?
                            no I do not. But have shot some before, so I realize there is a difference. Maybe to be clear, the trigger felt heavy compared to my other guns?
                            I"m just a PA native trying to understand CA laws
                            Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                            Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              amishfarmer
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 644

                              Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                              I highly recommend the MagGuts 7rd flush-fit magazines for anyone interested in running 7rd mags without an extension. Mine have run every bit as well as the Sig 6rd mags.
                              I think for my quickly approaching birthday I'm going to get the kit for the extended mags. I prefer those with my hand size.
                              I"m just a PA native trying to understand CA laws
                              Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                              Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                naeco81
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Jun 2013
                                • 1811

                                Nice, congrats OP!

                                Here's one I picked up for a GF, we've since parted ways but I hung on to the smelted unicorn gat:




                                Grips are custom abalone shell:
                                Originally posted by Mitch
                                The architects of the assault weapon bans ... are simply trying to fight the Culture War. And we can't win, not in California anyway because you guys, the ones with the most to lose, refuse to do what you need to do to win the Culture Wars, which is to make Calguns and the gun rights community a truly big tent and stop driving people away simply because they are different from you.
                                Crime rate per 100k people
                                General population: 3,817
                                Police officers: 108
                                Legal CCW: 18

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1