Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK P7

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    RickD427
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2007
    • 9276

    The P7 is a very unique firearm and really needs a unique holster designed for it.

    I've been very satisfied with a number of holsters made by FIST Holsters of New York. They're a small semi-custom outfit, but they do very good work and they understand the P7. They'll also do some minor customizing of product for you.

    One caution that you should always keep in mind with the P7 is the relationship between the squeeze cocker and the trigger. The design firing sequence also works in reverse. If the trigger is pulled while the squeeze lever is released, nothing happens. But if you squeeze the lever while the trigger is still pulled, the weapon will fire. I've read reports in two instances where the P7 was carried inside the waistband and discharged without the knowledge or consent of the carrier. In both cases, investigators concluded that the trigger had been bound rearward (not unusual in flimsy holsters that allow pressure on the sides of the trigger), and that the body movements of the carrier caused the squeeze lever to press against the carrier's belt.
    If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

    Comment

    • #17
      Steve G
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 1931

      The best P7 holster maker in the universe IMO is Matt DelFatti. Might have to wait a bit to have one built but they are worth it. 2nd would be made by Alessi.

      Comment

      • #18
        flyer898
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 2018

        Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo TX makes holsters for the P7M8 (even left-hand) and as a bonus my P7M8 holster works with my P7M13.
        Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. So said somebody but not Mark Twain
        "One argues to a judge, one does not argue with a judge." Me
        "Never argue unless you are getting paid." CDAA
        "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

        Comment

        • #19
          Saym14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 7892

          Originally posted by MiGS

          But, in my plainclothes, they'll never know I can put extremely accurate 147 HST's downrange 75 yards .

          yeah, you might stand out a bit with a shotty in your plainclothes.

          Comment

          • #20
            audiction
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 785

            P7s are one the the best firearms ever made...period.

            Comment

            • #21
              offrdmania
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 4053

              After owning a Milt Sparks Vm2, I think I am in love with this Holster.
              Let me start out by saying I am built like a real world man. I am not skinny but am far from fat. I have a belly and small love handles (dad bod lol) so the Milt Sparks was very uncomfortable. It is such a stiff and overbuilt Holster that it never conformed to my body after almost a year of wearing on occasion.
              So far after only a few months of wearing, this com3 Holster is more comfortable than the Milt Sparks ever was. There were even some times where I forgot I had it on. I think it is going to mold nice. I wear it at the 3 o'clock position with an undershirt tucked in behind it. The P7 sits high with a nice tilt and when seated it doesn't protrude too much. Easily concealable.


              HBE IWB Concealment Leather Holsters

              Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

              Comment

              • #22
                Saym14
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2009
                • 7892

                Originally posted by audiction
                P7s are the best firearms ever made...period.
                Fixed it for you hee hee

                Comment

                • #23
                  Mojave Desert
                  Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 309

                  P7: If you touch it, it would rust.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    audiction
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 785

                    Originally posted by Saym14
                    Fixed it for you hee hee
                    i only said that bec of the mark 23. otherwise it'll just be just the P7s

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Saym14
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 7892

                      Originally posted by audiction
                      i only said that bec of the mark 23. otherwise it'll just be just the P7s
                      don't forget the Experts or the P30 that went 90,000 rounds

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        QXSOUP
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 989

                        WTB: Sig P245 or P220 Compact

                        STOP THE TUNNELS

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1