Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SA 1911 Loaded Target 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Subiezilla
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 106

    SA 1911 Loaded Target 9mm

    Anyone have any experience with the loaded target 9mm (the california roster version) in terms of reliabilty? Iv read some mixed reviews on various forums although they are older reviews from several years ago perhaps SA has made some revisions and worked out the issues?
    08/02/2022 mailed application
    01/2024 completed live scan
  • #2
    NIKSD
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 1126

    Use good magazines /I use Wilson Combat/ and will be as reliable as any other quality firearm.
    https://jpfo.org/articles-assd03/jew-without-gun.htm

    -If communism doesn't work, why do so many people support it?
    -Because they don't work either.

    Comment

    • #3
      mlevans66
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2009
      • 9516

      I work at a range and ours works well.
      The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
      The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
      I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

      Comment

      • #4
        JTROKS
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 13093

        All the LT and RO models I worked on needed extractor tuning. I've seen one that the owner claimed it was very reliable but the ejection of spent casings was erratic. Sure sign that the extractor needs attention. I really don't care for ILS parts. I wish the hammer, seat and disconnector were hardened bar stock instead of MIM. The barrel fit is good, but Springfield fits the barrel hood length just a few thousandths short. I'm guessing it's to increase reliability. Other than that, it's a very good gun.
        The wise man said just find your place
        In the eye of the storm
        Seek the roses along the way
        Just beware of the thorns...
        K. Meine

        Comment

        • #5
          Alexander831
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 958

          Love mine, one of my favorite 9mm pistol I own. Only have the original mags it came with and never had a problem with them. Very, very accurate. Always comes with me to the range. In a little over 1500 rounds it has had 2 FTE recorded.

          Comment

          • #6
            newbie1234
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2016
            • 3131

            My 1911 SA Loaded 9mm nickel CA version used the factory magazines and 10 rds Brownells magazines, 1000 rds so far NO PROBLEM AT ALL except for the price of the pistol more than $1K OTD.

            (BTW, I do not know what forum you read, most of what I read people gave a high value on the SA Loaded 9mm)
            Last edited by newbie1234; 02-22-2017, 1:49 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              meanrock
              Senior Member
              • May 2015
              • 847

              I purchased one last year- 2,400 rounds though the pipe so far. I've had my paws on it a lot- no doubt making it worse in some of my efforts. I have had no complaints about the gun itself.

              I did try to feed it some reloads from northern hills precision- and it jammed immediately. I measured the rounds and they seem a little short 1.148"- vs new blazer at 1.161 and new NATO at 1.166

              I emailed them and they immediately offered to completely exchange all ammo- going to give them a call before I ship it back just to make sure I'm not wasting everyone's time with fine ammo that one gun doesn't like.

              Comment

              • #8
                Subiezilla
                Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 106

                Originally posted by mlevans66
                I work at a range and ours works well.
                What range? Im in the la/oc area? Does your range shoot reloads through that postol?
                08/02/2022 mailed application
                01/2024 completed live scan

                Comment

                • #9
                  Robert1234
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3080

                  Handle it and make sure it is tight (relatively). Springfield is hit-and-miss with frame to slide, slide to bushing, and lower lug fitting.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    357magnum
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2014
                    • 1219

                    I have had mine for 15 years now, factory magazines.
                    Never a problem, great shooter.
                    sigpic"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
                    -Al Capone-

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Subiezilla
                      Member
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 106

                      Originally posted by newbie1234
                      My 1911 SA Loaded 9mm nickel CA version used the factory magazines and 10 rds Brownells magazines, 1000 rds so far NO PROBLEM AT ALL except for the price of the pistol more than $1K OTD.

                      (BTW, I do not know what forum you read, most of what I read people gave a high value on the SA Loaded 9mm)
                      yes my local turners has em in stock at $999 wowzers, but if the gun is greater then the sum of its parts it is worth it to me...or i forget how the saying goes. Also if you google search this model it will appear in various gun enthusiasts forums and not everyone has great things to say but some say its been 100% good out the box. I am concerned d to spend so much money for a dud gub that is picky as heck with ammo since ill be shooting as much as i can througib it with the cheapest ammo i can find (typically WWB or PMC Bronze or reloads)
                      Last edited by Subiezilla; 02-22-2017, 5:30 PM.
                      08/02/2022 mailed application
                      01/2024 completed live scan

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Subiezilla
                        Member
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 106

                        Originally posted by Robert1234
                        Handle it and make sure it is tight (relatively). Springfield is hit-and-miss with frame to slide, slide to bushing, and lower lug fitting.
                        That hit and miss is what im affraid of for 1000 plus dollars, maybe for the price a nice sig or hk for assurance of build quality, but i really want a 9mm 1911 die to the small hand freindly trigger reach and grip (i suffer from short fingers)
                        Last edited by Subiezilla; 02-22-2017, 3:44 PM.
                        08/02/2022 mailed application
                        01/2024 completed live scan

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          keith1911
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 1297

                          Mine needed a little tuning. I replaced all of the springs with Wilson Combat ones and it has been pretty reliable.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Robert1234
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 3080

                            No difference in trigger reach between calibers.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kds857
                              Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 260

                              My 2 cents:
                              I've owned mine for about 8 years.. Mine is an older one with Imbel frame, and hit and miss seems pretty accurate, at least in terms of loose tolerances. I hear the national match frame versions have less of these problems. Mine went back to Springfield for a canted front sight, loose bushing, loose slide to frame fit, an extractor that would clock many degrees with your fingers, and for a 9 lb trigger. SA had excellent service, paying for the pistol both ways, and the gun came back tighter, with sights dead on, a better but still slightly loose extractor that totally extends past the frame and is not flush ARGH!, and a newly fit bushing.

                              I understand those that say you shouldn't have to send pistols back after spending a 1000 bux- I agree, but at least you can depend on great CS...

                              Through all these problems tho, I never had a FTE or FTE.

                              Since then I've taken mine to Alan Tanaka in Gardena for a makeover - blackened stainless finish, ed brown thumb safety, fiber optic front and heinie rears, 25LPI checkering, 3.5 lb trigger and reworked recoil/mainspring. Trigger's nicer than my wilson now and its my fave range gun!

                              Last edited by kds857; 02-22-2017, 5:17 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1