Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock and M&P

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    redranger13
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 195

    I would be curious to see if theres any evidence backing the above post of m&p not doing good in wet or dirty conditions.

    I am a glock guy through and through. Compete with them, carry with them, work on them, and manufacture products for them.

    That being said, I just got a shield 9 (my first non glock handgun purchase in five years) and I am very impressed with it. I like it better than the 42 and 43. However, I haven't ever shot a full size m&p.

    Design wise, it does bug me that the rear sight needs to be removed to thoroughly clean the safety plunger and spring on my shield.

    Comment

    • #17
      Lead Waster
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2010
      • 16650

      Originally posted by stormvet
      You are referring to U.S. Army Special Forces(Green Berets). No other SOF in the U.S. Military are called the 'quiet professionals' it belongs to them and them alone.

      Hollywood likes to spread the term to other groups, but that is incorrect.
      My accountant is quite unobtrussive, so I'd consider him a quiet professional.
      ==================

      sigpic


      Remember to dial 1 before 911.

      Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

      There. Are. Four. Lights!

      Comment

      • #18
        nikki#2
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 2164

        Originally posted by waveslayer

        If you put a Apex trigger on the M&P then it's superior over the Block. In my opinion , I don't like the grips on the Block, or its shape.. like a block.
        They are great Guns, I use one a lot but pull out my M&P more and XD. I prefer their grip angle as well
        +1. The ergos on the M&P are superior. Add an APEX trigger and M&P > Glock as a duty weapon...
        And that's before factoring in that S&W's customer service blows glock's out of the water.

        Comment

        • #19
          L84CABO
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2009
          • 8776

          I'd say they're pretty interchangeable. Both are quality weapons. It really comes down to a matter of personal preference. Personally I like the ergos of the M&P over the glock. Neither trigger is particularly good, however, the triggers on the M&P Cores is pretty ok. Drop an Apex Flat Faced trigger into it and you've really got a nice shooter. Factory sights on Glocks are notoriously bad so you'll probably have to upgrade that. YMMV
          "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

          Fighter Pilot

          Comment

          • #20
            Mr.Caketown
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2011
            • 7362

            Stock vs stock , I would take the glock since it has better a trigger. If we are taking about adding in some goodies I would take the M&P 9 all day every day and twice on sunday. Those apex parts are totally worth it
            WTB:
            1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
            2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
            3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

            Comment

            • #21
              mjmagee67
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 2771

              So I use a G17 Gen 4 as my duty gun. Great gun it does everything a duty gun should do.

              I used a M&P Pro9 in USPSA for a year and a half. Put 10,000+ rounds through it. Ran like a Singer.

              Both guns are more accurate than 99% of the shooters.

              The M&P had better ergonomics by a mile, but the Gen 4 Glocks are getting better.

              Triggers I like the M&P's stock trigger better. The feel is crisper and the break is cleaner. Admittedly the Glock has a better reset, but I don't shoot for reset. If you are feeling for reset in USPSA you are shooting way too slowly. The Apex M&P trigger is real nice, same soft reset.

              I recently spent some time on the trigger of a Walther PPQ M2 wow that is a great gun. Great ergonomics, great trigger both pull and reset, and ran like a Deer.

              I will be picking up a PPQ soon.
              If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

              Comment

              • #22
                teflondog
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 4011

                I like the M&P ergonomics more, but my Glocks have been more reliable than my M&Ps.
                Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                Comment

                • #23
                  WMG
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 1159

                  Originally posted by Stumpfenhammer
                  I was just thinking about this last night -- I have a love/hate relationship with Glock. I love that they got it mostly right, I hate that they are either so greedy, so uncaring about the consumer, so arrogant, or some mix of any of those, that they have not made all of the tweaks that the market obviously wants. When a whole industry springs up to deal with slide and grip blockiness, that's a freaking clue that you can improve your design.
                  Something I wish glock would do ..... other than make their gun handle like a M&P ...... is something small , but I wish they would make the base plates of the mags the same as most of the rest of the world big namers.
                  I just don't like glocks set up.
                  Never had one fail personally ... of course there are stories .... but it sure seems like it could at any moment.
                  And taking the base off only seems like a bad idea ... I dunno... seems gimpy to me.
                  never heard of this complaint before ..... maybe it's just me........
                  If you start thinking like a Free Man
                  You'll begin to feel like a Free Man
                  And pretty soon you'll begin acting like a Free Man

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    joefrank64k
                    @ the Dark End of the Bar
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 10124

                    When I shoot them, they feel I interchangeable to me. Here's my M&P40 Pro next to (and on top of) my G35. I like them both





                    You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                    If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                    Come on...what harm??

                    joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      mjmagee67
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 2771

                      Originally posted by teflondog
                      I like the M&P ergonomics more, but my Glocks have been more reliable than my M&Ps.
                      After 10 of thousands of rounds out of both would love to hear your explanation on that.
                      If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Memnon
                        Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 242

                        Originally posted by ap3572001
                        I have a lot of experience with Glock. Carry and shoot them for 23 years now. Bought my first M&P for off duty carry and very impressed with it!

                        How do Glocks and M&P's compare as duty/carry weapons in Your opinion ?

                        PS. Do not take the roster and magazine laws into consideration.
                        Had ejection issues like BTF with Gen 4 Glocks; a trip to Glock helped but still ejects often on my shoulder. M&P ejects very consistently to the side, never had a BTF or BTShoulder. Thousands of rounds in both.

                        Like Glock's takedown procedure better, unforgettable.

                        Like Glock slide stop/release better, can release with the right thumb for faster reloading. I've taken classes that espouse sticking to the slingshot method on other pistols but Glock can handle it. A tac reload becomes awkward and slower otherwise.

                        Kudos to Smith for doing CORE and Shield first; Glock has been the copycat of late.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          teflondog
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 4011

                          Originally posted by mjmagee67
                          After 10 of thousands of rounds out of both would love to hear your explanation on that.
                          I have one of the early M&Ps that came with the smaller spring that sits underneath the sear. Under recoil, the spring wouldn't push on the sear with enough force and the trigger failed to reset sometimes. Apex sells a heavier duty sear spring to address this problem, which is what I put in mine.

                          Another issue I had was with the trigger bar loop of my M&P compact. The loop on mine was closed off too much, which also caused reset problems. I fixed this by opening the loop a little bit. The downside is that doing this increased the trigger overtravel.

                          Even though these issues were easy to fix, I can't help but think the M&P design is inferior to Glock. All my Glocks never required any modifications or adjustments.
                          Last edited by teflondog; 10-07-2016, 10:35 AM.
                          Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                          Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            CSTactical
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 4094

                            I have extensive experience with both handguns in various configurations, the M&P tends to "feel" more ergonomic while holding it yet squirms in my hand. Glock Gen 4's are slightly more ergonomic for me compared to the earlier generations but less so than the M&P, but I shoot Glocks much better. How a gun shoots in my hands is my priority vs. how one feels while holding it... YMMV
                            Dealer for Zero Compromise Optic, Tangent Theta, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Aimpoint, Desert Tech, Swarovski and more...
                            Call 916-670-1103 for Calguns pricing
                            www.cstactical.com
                            sales@cstactical.com
                            916-670-1103

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              skosh69
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 4290

                              No blocks here, only M&P's.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Teachu2
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 835

                                Own both, carry a Shield most because of size. In duty-sized, Glock wins for me. I believe the Glock design to be more reliable due to it's simplicity.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1