Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK P2000. a bad start....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    emulex81
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 74

    The only problem I've ever had with any of my 9mm handguns is the one time I ran out of ammo and bought the reloads the range was selling, I would guess every 8th round the gun would stove pipe

    Comment

    • #17
      GlockN'Roll
      Veteran Member
      • May 2015
      • 3783

      The only problem I've ever had with any of my 9mm handguns...

      Originally posted by emulex81

      The only problem I've ever had with any of my 9mm handguns is the one time I ran out of ammo and bought the reloads the range was selling,

      I would guess every 8th round the gun would stove pipe
      Range reloads are often low power to reduce recoil and to save money.

      Run some real factory full power ammo, maybe even +p, at least until she has had a few boxes through her without issue.

      New guns from some manufacturers require a break-in period of up to 500 rounds of real ammo before they settle down.

      Second the punch in the face to the person whoever recommended using rubbing alcohol to clean firearms...

      Welcome to CalGuns and congrats on your first pistol.
      Real Californian...

      Comment

      • #18
        creampuff
        • Jan 2006
        • 3730

        Originally posted by BrotherSharp




        First thing i did when I got the gun was to strip the Factory oil.

        I took al the whole gun apart and dosed it with rubbing alcohol.

        Then I got some fireclean and aid on a nice thick coat and left it overnight. The next morning I took some patches and wipe everything down...

        Possible too much and some people told me the gun looked a bit dry when inspecting...



        What does you guys think?
        I've never used rubbing alcohol on my firearms before. And by dousing it, how much alcohol did you use?

        Comment

        • #19
          offrdmania
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 4053

          When I buy a new handgun I always rack the slide at least 100 times, sometimes more before shooting it just the help loosen things up. I only run either 123gr or 124gr NATO 9mm in my HKs. They seem to like it better than 115gr. That heavier bullet grain seems to help
          Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

          Comment

          • #20
            DArBad
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 3002

            Everyone already gave you good advise. I'll echo post #18 from " creampuff ".....avoid rubbing alcohol. It is 70% Isoprophyl alc. and 30% water. The water content could predispose the metal component of your gun to corrosion.

            Comment

            • #21
              nitroxdiver
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2009
              • 6979

              Originally posted by BrotherSharp





              I had purchased the ammo provided at FT3 tactical. They make their own ammo



              Since that first range visit, I have purchased quit a bit of remanufactured ammo form freedom munitions..

              Eliminate this from the equation before sending your gun back to HK. Buy some reputable factory new ammo and run a couple hundred rounds through it or more before trying to run range reloads of unknown specification. The p2k is a well vetted and tested pistol. You chose well.




              Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.

              Comment

              • #22
                offrdmania
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 4053

                Go buy a big jug of Hoppes #9. Also suitable as cologne on a date
                Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ranger20
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 1610

                  I've owned a new 9mm P2000 and shot a number of them. With 115 gr target ammo they can weak hand especially when new. Firm up your grip... and or shoot heavier ammo. It's the only HK I've owned of many that did this and only in 9mm.. 40 didn't have this issue.
                  The HK USP's I've shot don't have this issue. I have a USP 45 full size now.

                  ANOTHER suggestion.. I HATE RELOADED AMMO... sure you save a few bucks but in my history most reloaded ammo is done on the cheap or poorly made. Recently I was at the GUN ROOM in ELK GROVE shooting at their range... when a guy blew up his NEW 38spcl with MIWAL ammo that appears to have had a double charge. I understand MIWAL purchased him a new gun. GOOD FOR THEM... but he could have been hurt bad... Not that that can't also happen with factory ammo... but IMHO I think your chances are better with NEW ammo. JUST My Opinion..


                  THE HK P2000 is a great weapon don't be discouraged.


                  Go buy a big jug of Hoppes #9. Also suitable as cologne on a date LMAO OFFRDMANIA...
                  Last edited by Ranger20; 07-30-2016, 10:09 AM.
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: Sacramento Area
                  Posts: 1,600
                  iTrader: 89 / 100%
                  Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Rivers
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1630

                    With no fewer than eight HK's in the family, including three P2000sk's, the reliability has been outstanding. The lubrication process is very simple. Teflon grease on the contact points on the slide and frame; Remington gun oil for the trigger, barrel wipe and hammer, and some CLP spray anywhere else in question. Our HK's will eat pretty much any ammo we feed them.

                    If the slide isn't locking back on the last round, it might be a weak mag spring. Had that happen on the USP models but not the P2000sk's. Replace the mag springs with the +10% mag springs from Wolff. Took care of the problem right there! A little CLP in the magazines won't hurt either but not dripping wet.

                    And regardless of the gun, crappy ammo will make even an awesome pistol like the P2000 run poorly. Imagine putting lousy gasoline in a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Same result. Blazer, Winchester, Federal: all work well.
                    Last edited by Rivers; 07-30-2016, 1:00 PM.
                    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      19K
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 3621

                      Maybe buy factory ammo.

                      I always hated the term "new" and "reloaded" wen buying from a shop that reloads ammo. The only difference between "new" and "reloaded" is the brass. If the shop makes crappy reloads they'll make crappy "new" ammo too.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        sarbiker
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2014
                        • 750

                        Originally posted by offrdmania
                        Go buy a big jug of Hoppes #9. Also suitable as cologne on a date
                        Damn I thought I was the only one who used it for cologne.

                        OP run it a little wet (extra oil or lube) on the slide for the first 500 or so rounds.

                        Never put alcohol on your gun, and pick one brand of cleaner & lubricants, mixing brands could lead to seizing in some cases.

                        I haven't used Hoppes in a long time, I have used Break Free, but now use the M-Pro 7 line.
                        sigpic
                        NRA Benefactor Member
                        CRPA Life Member
                        2AF Defender
                        USPSA Life Member
                        GOC Member
                        NASAR Member

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Old4eyes
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 1757

                          I believe the HKP2000 is very susceptible to limp wristing. I talked my wife into getting one (LEM trigger- DAO) so she'd have a trigger pull in a pistol that emulated what she had in her revolvers. And she gets a feed or extraction failure on just about every trigger pull. She does not get that on any other of our pistols. If the gun is not lubed well, it will only make it worse.
                          Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            BoJackUSMC
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 7091

                            It could be the ammo... try winchester or federal

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Blownmotor
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 1334

                              Use 124gr NATO spec ammo as break in. My P30 did the same thing with 115gr gun show reloads.
                              History doesn't repeat itself but it rhymes

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                BrotherSharp
                                Junior Member
                                • May 2016
                                • 87

                                here are the bastards that got me to use alcohol to strip the gun :P


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1