Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 plinker

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    moulton
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 2788

    my brother has a firestorm .22 and thats where she got the idea. its a sweet little gun but it isnt on the approved list http://www.gunblast.com/Firestorm.htm
    Originally posted by Soldier415
    If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Not everyone is so smart.
    We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

    Comment

    • #17
      zefflyn
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 537

      Originally posted by EvolutionGSR
      Go to the CA DOJ roster of firearms list, and sort by caliber. scroll just a little bit down and you'll see all the .22LR's that are legal in cali.
      And don't forget the Exempt Olympic Pistols list.


      The Trailsides are listed there.

      Comment

      • #18
        c good
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2724

        I second the Browning Buckmark. Other than that you might look into a nice little revolver. Single Six Rugers and S&W K-22's are hard to beat. HTH c good

        Comment

        • #19
          lugee
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2006
          • 1060

          Ruger Mark 3 Hunter.
          NRA Life Member

          How to ID a real VLTOR EMOD versus a Replica

          Comment

          • #20
            bonjing
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 963

            i have the mosquito, and unless sig has tuned the trigger up, i would say stay away from it. the trigger pull in DA is 15# + measured (scale only went to 15) and the SA was about 10#. it is a very good looking pistol, i have the two tone. kinda picky on ammo from what i've heard from other owners, i have only shot cci mini mags, again from what i hear are the only ones that it functions with and that the pistol is very finiky with ammo. i guess i bought it because it looked cool. other then the trigger issue it does shoot rather well, accuracy is pretty good despite the trigger pull. fun pistol and gives the trigger finger a good work out .

            Comment

            • #21
              ivanimal
              Janitors assistant
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Sep 2002
              • 14365

              Originally posted by lugee
              Ruger Mark 3 Hunter.
              +1 any of the ruger Marks 1,2 or 3. Simply reliable.


              "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
              Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
              NRA lifetime member

              Comment

              • #22
                moulton
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 2788

                she really liked the pheonix arms pistols but I have heard they are a POS. she also liked the Taurus .22's but those arnt CA approved .
                Originally posted by Soldier415
                If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
                Originally posted by ar15barrels
                Not everyone is so smart.
                We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

                Comment

                • #23
                  RedBluff
                  Member
                  • May 2005
                  • 199

                  I 3rd the Buckmark.
                  How about a used Buckmark Target Gold?

                  It's very nice looking and based on a tried and true design.
                  Browning has also come out recently with some wild splash looking colors on their latest editions of the buck mark.

                  Not sure how the gold coating holds up over time, maybe somebody can chime in on that.

                  I hope to add one to my collection soon.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RedBluff; 08-13-2006, 7:05 PM.
                  "Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day." - ll Duce

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    JPglee1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3025

                    Originally posted by moulton
                    she really liked the pheonix arms pistols but I have heard they are a POS. she also liked the Taurus .22's but those arnt CA approved .

                    I used to have an HP-22.. It worked great.


                    J

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ivanimal
                      Janitors assistant
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Sep 2002
                      • 14365

                      Originally posted by moulton
                      she really liked the pheonix arms pistols but I have heard they are a POS. she also liked the Taurus .22's but those arnt CA approved .

                      I have a Pheonix arms HP-22 with the 3" and 5" barrel conversion. It came with 2 mags and a great nickel finish. I have taken it out 5 or so times without any ftf or stove pipes. It does have a funky safety system so I would not recomend it for self defense, too much to think about in a heated situation. I bought the gun for my son but I use it more. He is more interested in the Airweight 8 shot 22 revolver. it weighs 10.2 ounces.

                      "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
                      Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
                      NRA lifetime member

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        lugee
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1060

                        The buckmark is a great 22 alternative to the ruger if you dont want to deal with the PITA cleaning for the ruger series pistols, plus, the buckmark is a beautiful piece of work.

                        Originally posted by RedBluff
                        I 3rd the Buckmark.
                        How about a used Buckmark Target Gold?

                        It's very nice looking and based on a tried and true design.
                        Browning has also come out recently with some wild splash looking colors on their latest editions of the buck mark.

                        Not sure how the gold coating holds up over time, maybe somebody can chime in on that.

                        I hope to add one to my collection soon.
                        NRA Life Member

                        How to ID a real VLTOR EMOD versus a Replica

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          moulton
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 2788

                          Originally posted by ivanimal
                          I have a Pheonix arms HP-22 with the 3" and 5" barrel conversion. It came with 2 mags and a great nickel finish. I have taken it out 5 or so times without any ftf or stove pipes. It does have a funky safety system so I would not recomend it for self defense, too much to think about in a heated situation. I bought the gun for my son but I use it more. He is more interested in the Airweight 8 shot 22 revolver. it weighs 10.2 ounces.

                          that a taurus or S&W....she likes revolvers but they have to be pretty and cant have the wimpy grips like on the Ruger SA ones lol
                          Originally posted by Soldier415
                          If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          Not everyone is so smart.
                          We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            chiefcrash
                            Internet Dictator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 3408


                            why not go for the "We come from mars" look?
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            we can not nor should not dismiss or discount my theory that in the dark of night you molest sea anemones by candlelight.
                            Originally posted by TKM
                            Show me on this 1st Amendment bobble-head doll where the mods touched you.
                            Originally posted by Click Boom
                            It is clear from this thread that citadel grad was the gunman, and Oswald his patsy.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1