Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lipsey's TRP Operator 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    keenkeen
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6782

    Originally posted by HopetonBrown
    Are you sure it's a "standard production line 1911"?

    SACS tool steel sear hammer and sear
    barstock extractor
    non-ILS mainspring housing
    25 LPI checkering
    10-8 Performance U notch rear sight with fiber optic front
    Yes, it is not produced by SACS so by definition it is a standard production line model. With some upgraded parts but not SACS built. It's also not a TRP as long as we are getting specific, but then again neither is the Warren Tactical 1911.

    The WT is more gun for more money IMO, nothing wrong with that if you are interested in paying for those features. Just like there is nothing wrong with the Lipsey model for $1,500-1700 if it has the features you want.

    I prefer the Warren.
    Last edited by keenkeen; 06-15-2016, 1:25 PM.
    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

    Comment

    • #17
      asphaltcowboychip
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 1035

      Originally posted by Canadadry
      I've seen them at Scheel's in Utah for $1500. I considered it but why buy something with limited capacity. There are other guns you can buy with much higher capacity that are more reliable.
      Because you can : ) I was unfortunately misguided and had the idea it was at some point handled by SACS..I called today and was sad to hear it wasnt. I'll get it home and see what there is to do withnit. How it shoots etc. I was under the impression it was a 9mm version of the trp more or less. I happen to think the trp is the best value regarding 1911s. We'll see when she gets home
      What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
      What we have done for the others and the world remains
      And is Immortal.

      Do not go gentle into that good night.*
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Comment

      • #18
        JackRydden224
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2011
        • 7229

        If you don't want it you won't have any problems selling it.

        There are only so many railed 9mm 1911 in production besides your's and none of them are on roster.

        Originally posted by asphaltcowboychip
        Because you can : ) I was unfortunately misguided and had the idea it was at some point handled by SACS..I called today and was sad to hear it wasnt. I'll get it home and see what there is to do withnit. How it shoots etc. I was under the impression it was a 9mm version of the trp more or less. I happen to think the trp is the best value regarding 1911s. We'll see when she gets home

        Comment

        • #19
          Alwayswatchyoursix
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2016
          • 47

          Originally posted by JackRydden224
          There are only so many railed 9mm 1911 in production besides your's and none of them are on roster.
          So true. I love the TRP full rail, just wish it was in 9mm.

          Comment

          • #20
            asphaltcowboychip
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 1035

            Originally posted by Alwayswatchyoursix
            So true. I love the TRP full rail, just wish it was in 9mm.
            This is what I was thinking it was^^^
            What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
            What we have done for the others and the world remains
            And is Immortal.

            Do not go gentle into that good night.*
            Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

            Comment

            • #21
              keenkeen
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2011
              • 6782

              Originally posted by asphaltcowboychip
              This is what I was thinking it was^^^
              Have SACS build you one.

              Easy.
              "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

              Comment

              • #22
                trendar5
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1014

                I shot about 120 rounds of Rem hollow point through mine last night. 100% feeding with the supplied CMC 10-round mags. Maybe 10% of the brass went to the right side of my face/right eye. Some evidence of vertical stringing, but I can't necessarily blame the gun. I have not shot a 1911 in a while, and there is a transition from my usual striker-fired triggers. Very little recoil. I don't love or hate the gun yet.

                Comment

                • #23
                  asphaltcowboychip
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 1035

                  Originally posted by trendar5
                  I shot about 120 rounds of Rem hollow point through mine last night. 100% feeding with the supplied CMC 10-round mags. Maybe 10% of the brass went to the right side of my face/right eye. Some evidence of vertical stringing, but I can't necessarily blame the gun. I have not shot a 1911 in a while, and there is a transition from my usual striker-fired triggers. Very little recoil. I don't love or hate the gun yet.
                  ANY pics?
                  What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                  What we have done for the others and the world remains
                  And is Immortal.

                  Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                  Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    asphaltcowboychip
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 1035



                    I got to visit her today.
                    Attached Files
                    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                    What we have done for the others and the world remains
                    And is Immortal.

                    Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      dennis1979gm
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 524

                      I have the standard range officer operator in 9mm. Only 200 rounds threw it so far. I did the cerakote on it, put on some VZ grips and 10-8 rear. It doesn't have front strap checker ing or tool steel FCG but it was literally half the price. Good shooter. Had some hiccups so far but I'll finish break in and play with springs. Just got it for a fun gun and steel shoots. Cool gun. Wanted the combat operator but just didn't see the value in the extreme difference in price.
                      ]If its not a COLT its a COPY!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Mute
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 8595

                        Are you exempt from the roster? If I were, I'd personally get a Dan Wesson Specialist instead, if I can get one at normal prices.
                        NRA Benefactor Life Member
                        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                        American Marksman Training Group
                        Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          asphaltcowboychip
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 1035

                          Can you post a picture? I really like the feel of front checkered.
                          What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                          What we have done for the others and the world remains
                          And is Immortal.

                          Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            incognito925
                            Member
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 267

                            The snobbery is real on this thread lol

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              asphaltcowboychip
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 1035

                              Hate hate hate : )
                              What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                              What we have done for the others and the world remains
                              And is Immortal.

                              Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                              Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                1911whore
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 2993

                                If you do not want it, I will take it
                                "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1