Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lipsey's TRP Operator 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • asphaltcowboychip
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 1035

    Lipsey's TRP Operator 9mm

    Putting the feelers out. Has anyone had any experience with one of these. I've had a few full rails, wondering how this one might stack up??
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
    What we have done for the others and the world remains
    And is Immortal.

    Do not go gentle into that good night.*
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • #2
    asphaltcowboychip
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 1035

    Attached Files
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
    What we have done for the others and the world remains
    And is Immortal.

    Do not go gentle into that good night.*
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    Comment

    • #3
      Andyman562
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 705

      Just get it! If you don't like it, I'll take it!

      Comment

      • #4
        keenkeen
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6782

        Looks like the Warren Tactical 9mm...

        I'd rather have the Warren.
        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

        Comment

        • #5
          asphaltcowboychip
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 1035

          Originally posted by Andyman562
          Just get it! If you don't like it, I'll take it!
          Yeah I came across one and am supposed to get it out of jail in a few days. Super excited since I saw a review from one of the guys at 2016 shot show.
          What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
          What we have done for the others and the world remains
          And is Immortal.

          Do not go gentle into that good night.*
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

          Comment

          • #6
            asphaltcowboychip
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 1035

            Originally posted by HopetonBrown
            A recent thread from high volume shooters about their Lipseys 9mm.
            Thanks for the link. I've read a couple reviews with similar issues I'm hoping that this being a later one maybe the kinks were worked out. Either way my experience with SA customer service has been second to none so I'm not too worried.
            What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
            What we have done for the others and the world remains
            And is Immortal.

            Do not go gentle into that good night.*
            Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

            Comment

            • #7
              Canadadry
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 1065

              Originally posted by keenkeen
              Looks like the Warren Tactical 9mm...

              I'd rather have the Warren.

              You would rather the Warren Tactical for $500 more. Why is the Warren Tactical better? I thought about it but could bring myself to take the plunge. The trigger is just ok. Obviously that can be fixed. It come back to the overall reliability of a 1911 and the fact that it wasn't originally designed to shoot 9mm. Why not just buy a good pistol like a CZ where you can get twice the capacity.
              Last edited by Canadadry; 06-14-2016, 8:15 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                keenkeen
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2011
                • 6782

                Originally posted by Canadadry
                You would rather the Warren Tactical for $500 more. Why is the Warren Tactical better? I thought about it but could bring myself to take the plunge. The trigger is just ok. Obviously that can be fixed. It come back to the overall reliability of a 1911 and the fact that it wasn't originally designed to shoot 9mm. Why not just buy a good pistol like a CZ where you can get twice the capacity.
                $500 more?
                "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                Comment

                • #9
                  Canadadry
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 1065

                  Originally posted by keenkeen
                  $500 more?
                  Yes. $1995 versus $1500.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    keenkeen
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2011
                    • 6782

                    Originally posted by Canadadry
                    Yes. $1995 versus $1500.
                    Well, I'm seeing the Lipsey's at ~$1,740 and the Warren is $1,995.

                    Regardless if it's $260 or $500 I would pay the extra for a true SACS built gun vs. a standard production line 1911. Other featres I prefer on the Warren make the $ a small issue for me: Warren Sights, Hand Checkering, Longer Rail, Slide top serrations, carry bevel, custom and fitted S&A magwell, etc. etc.

                    Both are available in 45acp now as well so the "1911s shouldn't come in 9mm" arguments can just be filed away...I have 1911s in lots of calibers so not an issue for me.
                    Last edited by keenkeen; 06-15-2016, 10:49 AM.
                    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      FIREBALL_BRIAN
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 2379

                      would be a great choice.
                      Short Action Precision ! USA !

                      https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
                      You/I get $20

                      https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
                      Active Junky Referral you get $10

                      WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
                      https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bertskiii
                        Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 363

                        Looks awesome

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JackRydden224
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 7229

                          If you can get it for about $1500 I would say do it. SACS can tune your 1911 anyway you want to so I don't see reliability being an issue. I have about 8,000 rounds through my Warren Tactical Operator and the only issues I have are related to my under powered loads and hard primers.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            asphaltcowboychip
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 1035

                            Originally posted by JackRydden224
                            If you can get it for about $1500 I would say do it. SACS can tune your 1911 anyway you want to so I don't see reliability being an issue. I have about 8,000 rounds through my Warren Tactical Operator and the only issues I have are related to my under powered loads and hard primers.
                            Unfortunately it is north of that..still excited to see what happens
                            What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                            What we have done for the others and the world remains
                            And is Immortal.

                            Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                            Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Canadadry
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 1065

                              I've seen them at Scheel's in Utah for $1500. I considered it but why buy something with limited capacity. There are other guns you can buy with much higher capacity that are more reliable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1