Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone drop 9 for 45?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    musketjon
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1746

    I don't own anything that starts with '' 9'' so it's 45 all the way.
    Jon

    Comment

    • #47
      Chief-7700
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • 3382

      Les Baer Concept V need I say more.

      XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
      IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
      NRA Certified RSO
      "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

      Comment

      • #48
        GOLDEN GUN
        Banned
        • Dec 2012
        • 2326

        Originally posted by HKMadness
        I did for about 3 years switch from 9 to 45 on nightstand duty. Then went back to 9, now 40 for the last 6 months. 9 has been nightstand duty for 7 of the past 11 years for me.
        Haha I just realized that I'm your sig!!

        Comment

        • #49
          bwhited
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 1947

          Now try a 1911 in 9mm!


          Originally posted by Lucky Scott
          Started with 9, tried .40 but then shot .45 just one time. It was amazing how much I liked shooting it. I was even a better shooter. The 1911 just felt right in my hand. It felt right, and it looked right.
          I even like reloading the .45. So easy, and the reloads work perfect.

          Comment

          • #50
            j-shot
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 1646

            Originally posted by Rottentofu
            I wanted to try .45, but I am afraid that if I do, I will start stacking .45 ammo and I am too deep in 9mm to start another caliber.
            You know the rules; buy cheap, stack deep.

            It's not like you have to go right to a 1,000 round case. Buy a box here and there. Before you know it, ammo pile

            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
            ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
            Originally posted by Appleseed
            A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
            Originally posted by ProShooter
            No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

            Comment

            • #51
              LocalsOnly
              Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 184

              9 for the weak hand and 45 for the strong hand duh
              Originally posted by epilepticninja
              Dude got winged, tell him to shake it off. Bunch of skirts these days.

              Comment

              • #52
                beanz2
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2008
                • 12032

                Never got into another pistol caliber. My money goes a lot farther with 9mm. For anything heavier duty, the rifles get the call.
                sigpic
                The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

                Comment

                • #53
                  Rottentofu
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • 2189

                  Originally posted by j-shot
                  You know the rules; buy cheap, stack deep.

                  It's not like you have to go right to a 1,000 round case. Buy a box here and there. Before you know it, ammo pile

                  Unless I am buying specialty ammo, I feel cheated if I don't get the 1k round case.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    BigPimping
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 21485

                    45 ammo is way too much money. I sold my 45. Best decision in a long time.
                    sigpic

                    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                    Don't let your history be a mystery

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      D.A.V.I.D.
                      ——
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 1876

                      Nope

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        missiontrails
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7879

                        Nope, but I dropped .45 for 9mm.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          SheepDog78
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 630

                          Right now I shoot 9mm, 45, and 10mm. No need to drop any of them, they each serve a purpose and ammo is cheap enough.

                          Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                          "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." -Edmund Burke

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            flyinverted
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 368

                            I have 2 9mm guns and the rest are mostly .45ACP. When introducing new folks to shooting for the first time at the range they shoot the 9mm. Once we've confirmed safety and procedures, they shoot the .45. The comments are always the same.. "Wow that did not kick like I thought it would"

                            Yes the .45s are bigger, shoot a lower pressured cartridge and have a perceived less recoil due to a slower bullet and heavier counterbalance. It's all about perception.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              JustEd
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 988

                              If I didn't have to worry about concealability would chose a .45 acp. 1911.
                              "I think, therefore some people make me laugh"

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Noonanda
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 3404

                                Love my SA Loaded 1911 in .45 ACP, and it is on my CCW, but I never carry it as it is very hard to conceal compared to both my M&P 9 FS and Shield 9. Especially in the rising heat of the desert. I think I carried it once this winter only because it was in the 30's and a heavy jacket was required which concealed it easily. Now I will say that I do not have an IWB holster for it, only an OWB one. But If I have to draw and shoot my CCW, The criminal I am defending myself will not know the difference between .45 and 9mm if I do my part.

                                When my CCW comes up for renewal I will likely change my 1911 to a revolver in .38 special which is smaller and easier to conceal.
                                "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1