Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Replacing Glock 26 with 29

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    zapatito92
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 768

    I cant say that it would be a good idea because I have yet to shoot a 29, however I love shooting my 27 more than the 26. its kinda just ehh sometimes lol. the snap of the 40 keeps me on my toes

    Comment

    • #17
      OttoLoader
      Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 168

      Keep Glock 26. Consider Glock 20 for outdoors camping hiking etc.

      Comment

      • #18
        CandG
        Spent $299 for this text!
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2014
        • 16970

        The G29 is an awesome Glock, but don't trade away a different awesome Glock (your 26) to get one. My most used & most carried pistol is a G29, I really really love it... but I wish I had a G26 to go with it. They are apples and oranges. You can't upgrade an apple into an orange. Sure, you can trade the apple in for an orange, but now you don't have an apple. Or you could just have both and apple and an orange, which would be my choice. Sorry, I'm kind of hungry.
        Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


        Comment

        • #19
          Red-Osier
          Doesn't Abide
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2015
          • 12284

          Originally posted by Mossy Man
          In place of? No way.

          In Addition to? Without a doubt, yes.
          This^^^
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2015
            • 6504

            Originally posted by Red-Osier77
            This^^^
            This^^^

            Comment

            • #21
              Red-Osier
              Doesn't Abide
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2015
              • 12284

              Just get the G29
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2015
                • 6504

                If I were you, I'd stick with the G26 and then get the G32 next.. But that's just my $0.02

                Comment

                • #23
                  Red-Osier
                  Doesn't Abide
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2015
                  • 12284

                  Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
                  Thank's Red.
                  You are welcome.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2015
                    • 6504

                    Originally posted by Red-Osier77
                    You are welcome.
                    Lol way to edit.
                    PS when are we going to the bar??

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Red-Osier
                      Doesn't Abide
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2015
                      • 12284

                      One day.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2015
                        • 6504

                        You're buying.
                        I have to save up for all the Glocks that people told me I should buy.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Red-Osier
                          Doesn't Abide
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2015
                          • 12284

                          You are driving
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2015
                            • 6504

                            I'll drive you to my house then. I'm not driving all the way out to Turlock. I have a couch that sits right under my A/C. It's wonderful.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              jeremiah12
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 2065

                              In the final months of SSE I picked up a G29 and a G30. I put a 19 lb stainless steel guide rod in the G29 and it tamed the recoil a bit. I shoot it just as well as I do the G30. With a 21 lb stainless steel guide rod in it I can shoot hot loads with ease. I bought it specifically with my upcoming trip to Yellowstone and Glacier in mind.

                              I also have a G26 for CCW and a G42 (purchased under SSE 1.0). They have each have a use. I will likely sell my G30 soon because the G29 will fill the role that it can also fill.

                              I vote for keep the G26 and buy the G29.
                              Anyone can look around and see the damage to the state and country inflicted by bad politicians.

                              A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

                              Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

                              --Librarian

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                CandG
                                Spent $299 for this text!
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Apr 2014
                                • 16970

                                Originally posted by jeremiah12
                                In the final months of SSE I picked up a G29 and a G30. I put a 19 lb stainless steel guide rod in the G29 and it tamed the recoil a bit. I shoot it just as well as I do the G30. With a 21 lb stainless steel guide rod in it I can shoot hot loads with ease. I bought it specifically with my upcoming trip to Yellowstone and Glacier in mind.

                                I also have a G26 for CCW and a G42 (purchased under SSE 1.0). They have each have a use. I will likely sell my G30 soon because the G29 will fill the role that it can also fill.

                                I vote for keep the G26 and buy the G29.
                                ^ That's a point I meant to make earlier as well, but forgot... 21lb spring upgrade is a MUST. My G29 shoots way better with it, and the stock 16lb (I think?) spring was allowing the slide to batter into the frame when shooting full-power loads. Still shoots/cycles cheap&weap ammo just fine as well, the only downside is that the slide is harder to rack with 21lb spring, so go lift some weights if it's an issue
                                Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1