Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

g17 vs g19

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    ga4boats917
    Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 105

    I prefer the 19 and seem to shoot it a little better.

    Comment

    • #47
      asphaltcowboychip
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 1035

      Originally posted by madoka


      2nd challenge of this thread I accept
      What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
      What we have done for the others and the world remains
      And is Immortal.

      Do not go gentle into that good night.*
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Comment

      • #48
        stag6.8
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2007
        • 1335

        Originally posted by ElDub1950
        I'm confused.

        Why is this more comfortable? Unless you have an extra finger.
        Its great if you wear gloves. extra room
        Walked in application: May 10th 2021
        Date of interview: Oct 7th 2021
        Live scan: Oct 7th 2021.
        Email from L.A.S.D. to proceed with training: Feb 3rd, 2022.
        Training Completed: Feb 5th 2022
        Emailed training paperwork to L.A.S.D.: Feb 7th 2022
        L.A.S.D. responded back stating that they received paperwork: Feb 8th 2022
        Call for pickup: Feb, 22nd 2022-pick up permit Feb 23 2022
        Good Cause Color: Yellow
        Active Utah, Arizona and Florida Non-Resident CCW Permits.

        Comment

        • #49
          nikki#2
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 2164

          Originally posted by asphaltcowboychip

          Do yourself a favor and get one.... or several

          FIFY





          Comment

          • #50
            wsmc27
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 1654

            Cute little guns.

            I'm with the guy who suggested bigger...

            Love our 34 and 35!

            And you probably get a deal on a 35 now, as I think I read 40S&W is outdated now.

            lol

            Comment

            • #51
              CSTactical
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Sep 2007
              • 4092

              Originally posted by wsmc27
              Cute little guns.

              I'm with the guy who suggested bigger...

              Love our 34 and 35!

              And you probably get a deal on a 35 now, as I think I read 40S&W is outdated now.

              lol

              Different sized guns for different purposes
              Dealer for Zero Compromise Optic, Tangent Theta, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Aimpoint, Desert Tech, Swarovski and more...
              Call 916-670-1103 for Calguns pricing
              www.cstactical.com
              sales@cstactical.com
              916-670-1103

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #52
                Clippers015
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • May 2015
                • 563

                Ok, newb question as I am new to handguns in general. I am thinking about a g19, but if I find a good gen2, is that okay for a beginner or should I be looking for a newer gen3 or 4?

                Just to add. I have shot a g19,g17 and g26, all gen 3. Liked them all but felt most comfortable with the g19. So not sure if gen2 or gen4 versions shoot differently. I hear they feel a little bit different.

                Also, will be used for HD and Range mainly. Not sure if I will go the ccw route, but perhaps in the future.
                Last edited by Clippers015; 03-22-2016, 11:44 AM. Reason: more info

                Comment

                • #53
                  ElDub1950
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 5688

                  Gen 2 & 4 are fine but Gen 4s are way overpriced and sometimes Gen 2s are.

                  Do yourself a favor and just get a new Gen 3. G17 or G19 is your choice. Some people have problems with CA 10 rnd G19 mags but most of those problems are easily solved with new followers from Glock (usually free and easy to do)

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Clippers015
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • May 2015
                    • 563

                    ^thanks. I was leaning just getting a new gen3 19, so I guess I will go that way!

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      wayoutwest2
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 1

                      Don't mean to hijack the thread but I also have been seriously considering a Glock purchase. Is there any downsides to a G3 vs a G4? I haaaate the fact that I can't get the "newest and greatest" at a reasonable price and having to settle with an older (although definitely proven) model. Once I get over this mental barrier I'm definitely going to get one haha

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        ElDub1950
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 5688

                        Originally posted by wayoutwest2
                        ..... Is there any downsides to a G3 vs a G4? I haaaate the fact that I can't get the "newest and greatest" at a reasonable price and having to settle with an older (although definitely proven) model. Once I get over this mental barrier I'm definitely going to get one haha
                        There are some minor internal changes that don't matter much to me. I like the Gen4 adjustable backstrap on my G34 but I didn't have to pay a premium for it. I'm just a happy with my Gen3s as my Gen4.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Erion929
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4706

                          Originally posted by wayoutwest2
                          Don't mean to hijack the thread but I also have been seriously considering a Glock purchase. Is there any downsides to a G3 vs a G4? I haaaate the fact that I can't get the "newest and greatest" at a reasonable price and having to settle with an older (although definitely proven) model. Once I get over this mental barrier I'm definitely going to get one haha

                          I was the same way, but for the $250-300 Cali premium I got over it

                          .....really like my G34 Gen 3 and happy I didn't pay up for the Gen 4. Spent money for upgraded sights and felt like I got 'em for free

                          Bought a Grip Force Adapter for $22 and it pretty much does what the Gen 4 backstrap does.
                          Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

                          https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


                          Comment

                          • #58
                            FIREBALL_BRIAN
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 2379

                            diversify and you may find yourself leaving the glock behind. I also go back to it but it may have 10yrs of in the safe dust on it
                            Short Action Precision ! USA !

                            https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
                            You/I get $20

                            https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
                            Active Junky Referral you get $10

                            WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
                            https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              asphaltcowboychip
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 1035

                              I have a few 19s, few 17s ..when I get home my 17 is my goto! I have pretty big hands and the largest beaver tail is what suits me the best
                              What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                              What we have done for the others and the world remains
                              And is Immortal.

                              Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                              Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Rhyyke
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 2128

                                Originally posted by Erion929
                                Bought a Grip Force Adapter for $22 and it pretty much does what the Gen 4 backstrap does.
                                Are those worth the money? I am reluctant to put anything on my Glock, but sometimes the slide does scratch the web of my hand when I fire.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1