Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PT1911 or Custom II

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    tiko
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 866

    I got 2 Taurus guns, their parts are loose, not fit!! Accuracy is just OK, my Kimber 1911 at 25 yards got same 4" groups off hands just like my Taurus but the Taurus shot at only 10 yards!!
    In this open market, you got what you pay for, I will sell my 2 Taurus and buy another Kimber 1911.
    Do it yourself.

    Comment

    • #17
      bombadillo
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2007
      • 14810

      Well, the polls have spoken and kimber seems to be the way to go in this scenario. I may step it up and get a night hawk or les baer as well instead of the kimber as others have mentioned. We'll see @ tax time.

      Comment

      • #18
        NiteQwill
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2007
        • 6368

        Originally posted by bombadillo
        Well, the polls have spoken and kimber seems to be the way to go in this scenario. I may step it up and get a night hawk or les baer as well instead of the kimber as others have mentioned. We'll see @ tax time.
        Well damn, go Nighthawk then!

        The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

        Comment

        • #19
          gunrun45
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2018

          I've fired the Taurus. I've owned the Kimber. Both are very nice guns. The kimber is a little tighter and a little more svelt but honestly I liked the Taurus better and you get a better value for your money.

          You could get into 2 taurus' for the cost of one kimber.
          Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

          Comment

          • #20
            USMC_2651_E5
            Member
            • Jun 2006
            • 439

            I say Taurus if you can get one. I've only heard good reviews about them. And the price tag is attractive.

            You are polling the wrong crowd anyways. Most of the people on this forum are going to be biased to guns that they have access to. You'd have better luck asking on a site that has a national following.
            sigpicNRA Life Member

            Comment

            • #21
              Judy45
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2008
              • 5

              Kimber vs Taurus

              Part of the issue is that because the Kimber's are here (in CA) and being used, you have a lot of experiences to go off of, mine included. I've shot a few Taurus revolvers and they seemed fine, but no oppurtunity to shoot any of their semi-autos, let alone that particular model.

              If you are a collector, it might be nice to add a "off-list" 1911 to your collection - but if it's for just about anything else (home, range, competition), you'll do well to stay with time & tested guns.

              My Colt Officers and Kimber Ultra Tactical II see a lot of range & travel time, so I'll have to vote Kimber too.

              Comment

              • #22
                Pugster
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2007
                • 964

                I say Kimber because I have one

                Comment

                • #23
                  freakshow10mm
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 3061

                  Taurus doesn't even begin to get into the same class as Kimber.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    mike100
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 2507

                    I'd get the PT1911 if only for the reason it is not rostered and you could trade it away for a nice profit if it doesn't work out. Otherwise, I'd normally go for the other choice.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      RedDawn
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 2234

                      I have no experience with the PT1911's. But I do have experience with Taurus' PT111. After 300 rds, I started experiencing light strikes on the primer. It turned out the internal lock system was binding up on the firing pin. The experience has soured me on guns with internal locks.
                      sigpic
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

                      -- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
                      *Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        damndave
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 10858

                        go kimber. i got a eclipse custom ii and love it

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          a1fabweld
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 4622

                          I was on another forum recently asking how a Kimber Custom II compares to some other pistols & most folks said that Kimbers Custom II's were a POS. I have never heard that in my life except for on that forum. Something about how their quality went south over the years?
                          Liberals could fk up an anvil

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            draconianruler
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 1590

                            Originally posted by bombadillo
                            I am looking at the taurus pt1911 and the kimber custom II. I know that the taurus is off list but can get a near new one at a really good price.
                            How about passing on the deal to me Of the two, the Kimber is probably the much better gun. However the PT1911 seems to be a good deal for what you get and its not readily available in CA. I would get the Taurus mainly for that fact and down the road pick up a Kimber or two
                            sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cal45man
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 39

                              Get a Kimber custom 2 or tle you will be happy I have one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1