Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wilson Combat CQB

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jeffrice6
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2006
    • 5173

    Originally posted by HopetonBrown
    I personally don't know anyone who "hates" forward cocking serrations.
    You do now
    WTB: S&W 617 4" 10 shot Pre-Lock

    Comment

    • #17
      sammy
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 3847

      Originally posted by jeffrice6
      You do now
      I don't care for the way they look either but they are very useful. On a working gun I would keep them. With an occasional range, beauty queen carry cuts or naked slide please. Skosh69 has a beautiful example of this.

      Comment

      • #18
        Mac Attack
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 2127

        It's been years since I have been in the 1911 game but back in the 90's Wilson was top dog with the CQB being the top tactical model. In the last 15 years a lot of custom gunsmiths have entered the market or older smiths upped their game and modernized their line. With that said do Wilson's still rule them all?

        Comment

        • #19
          FLAWLS1
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 930

          It seems that Wilson, Brown, NightHawk, & Baer's are what's recommended

          Comment

          • #20
            Litespeeds
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2015
            • 3260

            Originally posted by FLAWLS1
            Thanks for the input guys! Actually I called them to have one made & they had one that was just finished. The person who ordered it cancelled so I called a Wilson distributor who picked it up for me & sold it to me for cheaper than what they were asking.
            That's great. It was definitely meant for you to have one. Now please post a picture of that bad boy.

            Comment

            • #21
              GiddyHitch
              Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 274

              Originally posted by FLAWLS1
              It seems that Wilson, Brown, NightHawk, & Baer's are what's recommended
              Don't forget about the Springer Professional.

              Comment

              • #22
                FLAWLS1
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 930

                Originally posted by GiddyHitch
                Don't forget about the Springer Professional.
                Yes! However, they're pretty rare

                Comment

                • #23
                  FLAWLS1
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 930

                  What do you guys think of ball end mill cuts on the slide? Or should I keep it as it?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    locknutore
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2015
                    • 3

                    I too hate the green frame which has held me back.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      GiddyHitch
                      Member
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 274

                      Originally posted by FLAWLS1
                      What do you guys think of ball end mill cuts on the slide? Or should I keep it as it?
                      Ball cuts make FCS more palatable imo.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Litespeeds
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2015
                        • 3260

                        Originally posted by locknutore
                        I too hate the green frame which has held me back.
                        I don't think all the WC CQB Elite's come with green frame. Mine is black and is a beauty. Too had she's in jail waiting for me to bail her out.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Snuffleupagus
                          Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 323

                          Originally posted by Mac Attack
                          In the last 15 years a lot of custom gunsmiths have entered the market or older smiths upped their game and modernized their line.
                          Guncrafter Industries belongs in that group. Alex Zimmermann worked as a gunsmith for Wilson for several years. The tolerance on his pistols are tight, almost like a Baer. I wish I knew about Guncrafter before SSE ended. Damn roster.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1