Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield Loaded vs TRP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    CoachUP
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 70

    Get the TRP. I like the checkering personally. It does not tear up my hands at all.
    Straight shooter

    Comment

    • #32
      Mayor McRifle
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2013
      • 7771

      Originally posted by CoachUP
      Get the TRP. I like the checkering personally. It does not tear up my hands at all.
      You must be a guy who doesn't use moisturizer on his hands. I thought I was the only one. I think the TRP's checkering is perfect.
      Anchors Aweigh

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        Chapped Hide
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 3901

        Originally posted by CoachUP
        Get the TRP. I like the checkering personally. It does not tear up my hands at all.
        Originally posted by Mayor McRifle
        You must be a guy who doesn't use moisturizer on his hands. I thought I was the only one. I think the TRP's checkering is perfect.
        Same here. I actually prefer the 20lpi over 25 or 30.
        **** your feelings!

        Comment

        • #34
          FF90
          Member
          • Jul 2014
          • 158

          OK, I am open for suggestions, looking for decent a SS 1911 in 9mm, preferr a commander sized but open to full or compact, your suggestions and reasons ? Thanks

          Comment

          • #35
            Chapped Hide
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 3901

            Originally posted by FF90
            OK, I am open for suggestions, looking for decent a SS 1911 in 9mm, preferr a commander sized but open to full or compact, your suggestions and reasons ? Thanks
            You only have 2 options on the roster, Springfield or Kimber and both are 5".
            **** your feelings!

            Comment

            • #36
              FF90
              Member
              • Jul 2014
              • 158

              Thanks, looks like a springfield then, don't care for the feel of the kimber

              Comment

              • #37
                xxxx
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1706

                Originally posted by FF90
                OK, I am open for suggestions, looking for decent a SS 1911 in 9mm, preferr a commander sized but open to full or compact, your suggestions and reasons ? Thanks
                Nice thread jack buddy. 👍🏻

                Comment

                • #38
                  LocalsOnly
                  Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 184

                  Save up and go with the TRP. I passed on a TRP for my first 1911 purchase and I regret it. I love what I have but a TRP will be my next.
                  Originally posted by epilepticninja
                  Dude got winged, tell him to shake it off. Bunch of skirts these days.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    cindynles
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2806

                    You should also consider the Springfield Trophy Match. Its the same price as a TRP but has a few more features.
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      retired
                      Administrator
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 9411

                      Forget the Loaded and the TRP. Save your money and get the Springfield Professional. It's from the Custom Shop and is the same gun the FBI uses. The only difference is one has "FBI" inscribed on it and the other has "Professional" on it.

                      I have a SA Milspec (my first 1911) and a Professional. The latter is a fantastic gun. I bought mine used from a fellow Calguns member. Occasionally they come up for sale here. Otherwise it is a year wait from SA Custom Shop.

                      The checkering on mine does not hurt my hand at all. I've shot a TRP and yes, the checkering was a bit sharp.

                      If you just don't want to wait or spend that much more, I'd get the TRP. It is not a Pro, but still a great gun.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        GW
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2004
                        • 16078

                        Originally posted by retired
                        Forget the Loaded and the TRP. Save your money and get the Springfield Professional. It's from the Custom Shop and is the same gun the FBI uses. The only difference is one has "FBI" inscribed on it and the other has "Professional" on it.

                        I have a SA Milspec (my first 1911) and a Professional. The latter is a fantastic gun. I bought mine used from a fellow Calguns member. Occasionally they come up for sale here. Otherwise it is a year wait from SA Custom Shop.

                        The checkering on mine does not hurt my hand at all. I've shot a TRP and yes, the checkering was a bit sharp.

                        If you just don't want to wait or spend that much more, I'd get the TRP. It is not a Pro, but still a great gun.
                        Well if we're going off the reservation then really save your money till you can buy a Wilson Combat.
                        I wonder if I would have as many 1911's as I do if I'd just bought the CQB first.
                        Ehh Probably.

                        OP, see if you can find a rental TRP and/or Loaded model and shoot a few hundred rounds. If that's not an option, hold the TRP in your shooting hand and twist and torque with your off hand. If you think you will be happy with that aggressive checkering then buy the TRP. If not get the Loaded model, The Loaded really is a fine pistol in it's own right The TRP has more features and is a fine pistol, but if you end up not liking that feel, the you aren't going to want to shoot it and you'll have an expensive safe-queen.

                        OTOH the Loaded will give you the full on 1911 experience and if you get the 1911 bug, you can go TRP or Wilson or Les Baer etc.Or you can buy lots of low and mid-range priced 1911's They're all great IMO.

                        Good luck with whatever you choose. but be warned---1911's are highly addictive.
                        sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Sac-AR15
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 881

                          +1 for the TRP. I just recently bought a second one locally for $1320 OTD brand new. Plus Springfield has their gear up promo going on right now which makes the deal even better. I had a loaded but ended up selling it to fund something else.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            crosseyedshooter
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 661

                            It costs as much as buying the TRP, if not more, to buy a loaded and add a magwell and front strap checkering. For a single stack pistol, I've found that a magwell is helpful for smooth reloads. Front strap checkering is personal preference.

                            So, go for the TRP if you think you want those are particular features because it'll cost less than adding it later. I'm my case, I wanted a 9mm and the loaded was available and on roster.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              GW
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2004
                              • 16078

                              So, OP
                              What did you decide?
                              sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                xxxx
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1706

                                Originally posted by GW
                                So, OP
                                What did you decide?
                                I am selling my FN PS90 USG and will trade for a TRP. It's been in the For Sale section for 3 days now.

                                I understand the fit is better, and apparently it is so much better that it is worth the extra one thousands whatever. If anyone knows where I can get a non railed TRP brand new out the door in So Cal. LET ME KNOW.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1