Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best polymer pistol?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    philobeddoe
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 2022

    My daily driver is a Toyota.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    NRA MEMBERSHIP


    GOA MEMBERSHIP

    Comment

    • #32
      static2126
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2013
      • 5619

      I think all modern handguns are more accurate than the user

      Comment

      • #33
        Justin21
        Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 288

        Glock 17 ftw

        Comment

        • #34
          davidb
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 1769

          Mkiii 22/45 with vq trigger and sear

          Comment

          • #35
            Eljay
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4985

            Whatever fits your hand and you like to shoot. I'm not a huge fan of polymer in general so the idea of getting an expensive one is kind of odd to me personally but I do own some Glocks and they do work for their intended purpose and for me they're not sentimental guns - mine end up with a lot of holster wear and such and I just don't care. $425 + tax and DROS for a G17 and 3 mags if you get the GSSF discount, gotta love it.

            Comment

            • #36
              Fibreflex
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2015
              • 19

              I've had Glocks,HKs and polymer Sigs .All great handguns with nothing negative to be said about any of them .My current favorite polymer gun is the FNX 45 And /or 45 Tac.The former is a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion and I think the 45 Tactical is as good as it gets

              Comment

              • #37
                TheInternetGunner
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2014
                • 82

                I like M&P.

                Comment

                • #38
                  JTROKS
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 13093

                  I like the Sig P320 for the nice ergo. The actual receiver can be installed to a different size grip. If the polymer chassis is damaged no worry for a replacement is cheap.
                  The wise man said just find your place
                  In the eye of the storm
                  Seek the roses along the way
                  Just beware of the thorns...
                  K. Meine

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    tbc
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5955

                    My best polymer weapons:

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      gunprofit
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 557

                      S&W M&P

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        C.W.M.V.
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4647

                        Originally posted by ManukaHoney
                        ...The HK is like a Porsche and the Glock is like a Toyota.
                        So I can depend on the glock to work all day every day come snow sleet or shine, and the HK to need a complete rebuild every 6 months?

                        I'll stick with Glocks. 17 ftmfw.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          himurax13
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 3895

                          Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                          Wonder why virtually nobody shoots USPs in competition? Any gun can shoot slow fire groups. The Glock is cheaper, lighter, holds more boolits, has a lower bore axis and has 100 times more aftermarket support. You can also detail strip a Glock in 1 minute. I wouldn't even want to think about detail stripping a USP.
                          Because HK mags cost a fortune?

                          I personally like the Canik TP9 SA over the Grock. It goes without saying that I would rather have a Grock than an HK.

                          Out of the box, it has the break of a VP9 and the reset of a PPQ and the safety lever tab is flush with the trigger when it is depressed. I like the grip angle and the feel of the grips. The beavertail looks odd but it should keep those with large mitts from getting slide bite. The TP9 SA feels like a CZ75 when you hold it and point it. The magazine release feels better than the glock ones as well. I also appreciate the standard rifling of the barrel which allows cheap asses like me to run home rolled hard cast bullets.

                          The only real drawbacks are a total lack of aftermarket and factory support and that they are not on the roster. You can't even buy spare parts for it at the moment. I hope somebody makes an uncaptured guide rod and different weight springs for it sometime soon. In free America, they cost in the mid $300's new.

                          It has CZ75 dovetails but there are some compatibility issues with the rear sights that CZ Custom sells. The Factory SP01 Nightsights and the Hi Viz sights fit well though.

                          Century Arms is selling 10 round mags for it now at the cost of $30 a pop. They are basically the 10 round version of the 18 round M9 Anti Friction coated mags which are reliable and easy to break down and clean.
                          Last edited by himurax13; 08-29-2015, 2:00 PM.
                          Originally posted by Bumslie
                          HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                          Originally posted by Sleighter
                          Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                          Lifetime NRA member.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            grim1U
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 1363

                            For my money it's a Glock 17 9mm, if i it's your dime I'll take a HK USP 9mm

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              BoJackUSMC
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 7091

                              Sig p320 ftw

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                stevie
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 3856

                                Glock for me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1