Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend Some .45s for Smaller Mitts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PoorMan
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 793

    Recommend Some .45s for Smaller Mitts

    I'm a relatively newer shooter and as I learn and practice more I am coming to the conclusion my G21 is too big for my mitts. I haven't got my hands on a G21SF yet (that might just be the answer), but I'm curious to hear what else I should consider for in the 45ACP platform.

    Not interested in 1911s right now.

    Ideally:
    * full-size frame (definitely do not want compact or sub-compact)
    * ability to mount light/laser
    * 10+1
    * Glock-ish (good aftermarket support, reliable, eats everything, basic, simple to operate, disassemble and clean)
    * 4.4" - 5" barrel

    So far I'm thinking I need to look into an H&K USP45 and a Sig P220. Maybe Beretta 92FS? CZs are hot right now (not really familiar with their offerings). Thoughts? Other options?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by PoorMan; 08-21-2015, 7:47 PM.
  • #2
    nrakid88
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 3285

    Try the SF, they feel great
    sigpic
    5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
    Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
    You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

    Comment

    • #3
      nrakid88
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 3285

      M&P 45 has the adjustable grip
      sigpic
      5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
      Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
      You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

      Comment

      • #4
        003
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 3436

        If you can find one for sale in California, hard to go wrong with a Sig 227. Has everything you asked for. The frame is just about the exact size of the 226.

        Comment

        • #5
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          Go single stack and don't look back.

          I have shorter fingers and that's my take. But, since you're a newer shooter, you'll probably learn the hard way by buying double stack guns so you have 10+ rounds instead of learning to shoot properly and proficiently and knowing that you can hit what you need to with a 1911 and 8 + 1 rounds.
          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          • #6
            PoorMan
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 793

            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
            Go single stack and don't look back.

            I have shorter fingers and that's my take. But, since you're a newer shooter, you'll probably learn the hard way by buying double stack guns so you have 10+ rounds instead of learning to shoot properly and proficiently and knowing that you can hit what you need to with a 1911 and 8 + 1 rounds.
            Yep. Already did learn the hard way.

            I'd consider single stack 8+1, but not really interested in 1911s right now.

            Comment

            • #7
              jkody
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 1081

              I'll recommend a 1911 anyway but, I do like the Glock 36. It's single stack .45 and the grip is slim.

              Comment

              • #8
                Fishslayer
                In Memoriam
                • Jan 2010
                • 13035

                SIG 220. Extended 10rd mags are available
                "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                Originally posted by redcliff
                A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gringo m
                  Member
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 328

                  XD45.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PoorMan
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 793

                    Originally posted by jkody
                    I'll recommend a 1911 anyway but, I do like the Glock 36. It's single stack .45 and the grip is slim.
                    I don't care for the compact and sub-compacts I have shot.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gsparesa
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 918

                      I can vouch for the P220. Single stack luv����. You will however need to learn to shoot double action/single action. This is not for everyone. Sig makes beautiful action smooth and accurate handguns that I can spend hours fondling, I mean admiring.
                      Last edited by gsparesa; 08-21-2015, 5:04 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        E92335i
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 2937

                        Springfield XD maybe? HK parts are expensive.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          boltstop
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 927

                          Ruger SR 45.

                          Pretty thin grip but also double stack so holds 10. More in free states.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            iluvmycolt
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 3247

                            M&P 45.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              motoman96
                              Member
                              • May 2015
                              • 482

                              MP 45 also
                              Originally posted by Big Jake
                              I will admit, however, that I've known a few ladies that I "helped" to say a few religious things. They screamed it quite loudly as I recall!
                              Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
                              You cant tell me that her lips dont look like the business end of an anus.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1