Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Free State Problems: Help me pick a Handgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    keenkeen
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6782

    Originally posted by vliberatore
    Not the best list at all, but the Cabela's points narrows it down significantly
    True...

    And I was just funning ya anyway.
    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

    Comment

    • #32
      sffred
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 2421

      Glock 19 (since you claim FNS9 was too big of a grip)

      Comment

      • #33
        Erion929
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 4706

        Originally posted by vliberatore
        Not the best list at all, but the Cabela's points narrows it down significantly

        Keen's right about that list . Use the Cabela's points on ammo and other things....get a great gun with cash and don't be so limited.


        **
        Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

        https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


        Comment

        • #34
          CandG
          Spent $299 for this text!
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Apr 2014
          • 16970

          If an on-roster gun is alright with you, beretta m9/92 is a good option too. Unless you're trying to buy an off-roster gun so you can make us jealous
          Last edited by CandG; 08-09-2015, 2:10 PM.
          Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


          Comment

          • #35
            vliberatore
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2011
            • 10055

            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            If an on-roster gun is alright with you, beretta m9/92 is a good option too. Unless you're trying to buy an off-roster gun so you can make us jealous
            My goal is absolutely not to make Californians jealous. I wouldn't have mentioned not living in the state other than as a way of saying that the roster doesn't apply to me.

            Side note, just got back from Cabela's. No SP-01s in stock. Not Gen4 G34s in stock.

            Big bust on the day. But I do have some other things to try out now
            Originally posted by fighterpilot562
            Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.

            Comment

            • #36
              Click Boom
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2013
              • 6955

              Originally posted by keenkeen
              That poll stinks.

              You live outside a CA and that is the best list you can come up with?

              May God have mercy on your soul...
              Seeiously, half the people in this forum have those exact guns lol.

              Edit- they're all good guns to own though, if you don't have similars. Don't mean to sound like a dick. Lol.
              Last edited by Click Boom; 08-09-2015, 2:37 PM.

              Comment

              • #37
                vliberatore
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Dec 2011
                • 10055

                Originally posted by Click Boom
                Seeiously, half the people in this forum have those exact guns lol
                Good for them. I don't much care about what other people shoot, only what I shoot.

                Thanks for your input though
                Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.

                Comment

                • #38
                  GunnerMichael
                  Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 255

                  Originally posted by vliberatore
                  My goal is absolutely not to make Californians jealous. I wouldn't have mentioned not living in the state other than as a way of saying that the roster doesn't apply to me.

                  Side note, just got back from Cabela's. No SP-01s in stock. Not Gen4 G34s in stock.

                  Big bust on the day. But I do have some other things to try out now
                  My opinion in short:
                  - If you don't really know exactly what you are looking for go with one of the Glocks
                  -If you what something different and unique that will catch attention at the range and that will make the 9mm feel like shooting a 380 get the CZ.

                  My opinion in long

                  (If you can use points online you will increase your option, not sure if they allow that though.)

                  Glock - My thoughts on Glock, If you are not sure what you are looking for in a gun or are purchasing your first hand gun the Glock is a great choice. 95% of the people who buy them make it their go to gun of choice. You will not be disappointed. 2 great selling points for Glock; they are work horses and rarely malfunction even when dirty, there are so many options for customizing if there is something you don't like about it you can probably change it. I have shot the G3 19 and 17 models and they are great guns. If your looking for something unique, this is not the gun for you.

                  CZ - Now, if you are looking for something that will catch attention and will have a some character he CZ does this and the quality is just as good as a Glock.

                  Something to think about, Glocks are polymer framed and the CZ is steal. Both have their advantages. Recoil is different between the 2 but both are very manageable. The issue is if you are just using these for target practice or home defense neither is better then the other, they just have different pros and cons.

                  Sorry to confuse things but I would through in Sig, Walther, Kahr and a 1911 in 9mm configuration as options.

                  Sig Sauer - When you pick one a Sig you know it is quality. To me they feel like a much higher quality gun then you are paying for. I guarantee you will love a Sig.

                  Walther PPQ - If you are looking for a gun that fits like your c0ck in your hand, go with a Walther PPQ. They are extremely comfortable in the hand and recoil is well managed.

                  Kahr makes awesome guns but not all people like the way the full size feel in the hand. If it does fit your hand well they have a very low failure rate. I personally think the full size look kind of funny and prefer the compacts.

                  Every one who has owned a 1911 in 9mm love them as much as anyone who owns a .45 cal model, and that is a lot. Nuff said.

                  I'm sure anything you buy in that price range will be a good choice. I would purchase the CZ and then save and get a Glock also. Why limit yourself.

                  Good luck.
                  -Gunner

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    anothergunnut
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 1819

                    The Glocks leave me cold; I have a G23 as my CCW but doubt I'd buy another. I'm leaving the state next month and thinking about my next purchase so I am somewhat in the same boat. The VP9 is on my list as is the SP01 and I'll at least look at the PPQ. Another gun on my list as a cheap alternative to leave in my car is the Canik TP9SA. I've also thought about the Tanfoglio Elite Witness Match; I'll have to see if I can find one in stock to fondle.

                    For competition pistols, you would need to look at the rules and see what works best for the event that you want to compete in.
                    Check back later for a witty comment.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      DysfunctionalVet
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 694

                      Hi point.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        hundreddollarman
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 1485

                        I vote bacon

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          jinn707
                          Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 282

                          Keeping in the <$700 get a EAA Tanfoglio Witness match.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            nikki#2
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 2164

                            You mean... Which should you get first, right ???



                            Last edited by nikki#2; 08-10-2015, 5:12 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              iluvmycolt
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 3247

                              Get the cz.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                advocatusdiaboli
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 5521

                                Originally posted by vliberatore
                                Not the best list at all, but the Cabela's points narrows it down significantly
                                Well then maybe spend the points on a better firearm they aren't pushing on you because they are cheap.

                                And then when you buy a pistol, buy a quality gun like a Sig P226?
                                Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1