Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Coonan .357 Mag 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Euphoria526
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 3812

    Originally posted by elmontemike
    thanks for that i went from happy to mad in .0001 sec

    go california
    Hey man I just wanted to address it early on so no hopes got tooooo high.
    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
    I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
    Originally posted by elpaisa1
    I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

    Originally posted by Euphoria526
    I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

    Comment

    • #47
      AΩ357
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2015
      • 14

      Coonan .357 Magnum

      Thanks everyone for the photo posting advice. Kind of new to this and posting pictures differs on different forums.

      Just received my Cocobolo grips and put them on my Coonan Classic. Here's a couple of photos:





      Here's an older photo with the factory wood grips and magazines during seize fire at Angeles Shooting Range:

      Last edited by AΩ357; 08-11-2015, 1:29 PM.

      Comment

      • #48
        CaliF1
        Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 183

        Originally posted by AΩ357
        Thanks everyone for the photo posting advice. Kind of new to this and posting pictures differs on different forums.

        Just received my Cocobolo grips and put them on my Coonan Classic. Here's a couple of photos:





        Here's an older photo with the factory wood grips and magazines during seize fire at Angeles Shooting Range:

        Thanks for sharing! My want for a Coonan is growing stronger with each photo I see....

        Comment

        • #49
          emtmark
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 2494

          This just made the list


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I know what this man needs.............bring me the vodka

          Comment

          • #50
            AΩ357
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2015
            • 14

            Coonan .357 Magnum

            For your enjoyment:

            Colion Noir's Coonan review:



            The legendary Jerry Miculek's Coonan review:

            Last edited by AΩ357; 08-11-2015, 1:39 PM.

            Comment

            • #51
              CaliF1
              Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 183

              Originally posted by AΩ357
              For your enjoyment:

              Colion Noir's Coonan review:



              The legendary Jerry Miculek's Coonan review:

              https://youtu.be/yWnKh0nekPY
              Thanks for posting those. I had seen Noir's review but not Miculek's. I love the use of slow motion in that video. Man, that guy can shoot.

              Comment

              • #52
                dc2allday
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 3559

                Damn was hoping for a fs thread
                sigpic
                Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
                You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

                -Mb

                Comment

                • #53
                  AΩ357
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2015
                  • 14

                  Coonan .357 Magnum

                  Originally posted by CaliF1
                  Thanks for posting those. I had seen Noir's review but not Miculek's. I love the use of slow motion in that video. Man, that guy can shoot.

                  You're welcome. My son is a competitve shooter and I met Jerry & his daughter Lena at the 2013 3-Gun Nation Southwest Regionals at Pro Gun Club in Henderson, Nevada. He is one of the most down-to-earth people and hasn't let fame go to his head.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    AΩ357
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2015
                    • 14

                    Coonan .357 Magnum

                    Originally posted by dc2allday
                    Damn was hoping for a fs thread
                    If you're looking to join the limited club of "California Coonan Owners", check out the second gun on this thread:



                    IMHO his price is fair all things considered - it's a seller's market.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      AΩ357
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2015
                      • 14

                      Coonan .357 Magnum Comparison Photos

                      I found some comparison photos of; the Coonan .357 Magnum vs the Desert Eagle .357 Magnum, and the Coonan vs a full-sized 1911. These photos were taken from "Sarge's" 1911 Forum posts. "Sarge" worked for Dan Coonan for many years and still has a close relationship with the company.

                      Coonan vs Desert Eagle - side view:



                      Coonan vs Desert Eagle - front view:



                      Coonan vs 1911 - side view:



                      Coonan vs 1911 - bottom view (single stack .45ACP 1911 on top, Coonan in middle, double-stack .45ACP 1911 on bottom):



                      Coonan vs 1911 - magwell view (single stack .45ACP 1911 on left, Coonan in center, double-stack .45ACP 1911 on right):



                      Finally, here's a photo of my Coonan compared to my son's full-sized 1911 9mm double-stack Legion LFP-9 (perspective may be slightly off due to the picture being taken at a slight angle):





                      Side note: Before Legion Firearms went out of business my son competed with this LFP-9 pistol. She has well over 100K rounds fed through her, has taken quite a beating on the competitive circuit, and still functions flawlessly. My son is now sponsored by Salient Arms International and the handgun he competes with is an SAI Glock Model 34 Tier 1.
                      Last edited by AΩ357; 08-11-2015, 7:26 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        osis32
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 5912

                        Thanks a lot for making me want something I can't have. I hate you all. But really I hate California.
                        Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          CaliF1
                          Member
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 183

                          Originally posted by osis32
                          Thanks a lot for making me want something I can't have. I hate you all. But really I hate California.
                          I hate California's gun laws and high cost of real-estate. But I love everything else about this place. But I know what you are saying...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1