Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Titanium 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tbc
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 5955

    Originally posted by fennecfrank


    this particular sight system is called "Tiki".

    Ugly? Maybe.

    However, for carrying, this sight won't get caught by clothing.

    Thanks for sharing. I have thought of a different design with similar concept when I initially getting into shooting handguns.

    I can assure you though. This "Tiki" sight system definitely will not win the popularity contest.

    Comment

    • #32
      Ugly Hombre
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 1191

      lemme know when you put out a Titanium Colt SAA clone.

      Comment

      • #33
        The Last American Hero
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 1215

        Originally posted by RikSors
        Titanium element or titanium coating?

        Element would be for the chosen few. Coating on the other hand is for the masses.
        How about that bronze/gold color Ti coating they put on drill bits?

        Could be a Match Made in Heaven. Practicality of super durable corrosion resistant coating that stays Pimp Gun Pretty without need to baby or otherwise take care of it.

        Might have some heat transfer goodness too but not sure. Certainly stands up to heat and pressure wonderfully.

        I've never seen a speck of any sort of rust or corrosion on any Ti coated bits even well used on the biz end of them, and they don't seem to cost much either.


        RE: the Tiki Sight System. They might be on to something, believe it or not. I remember playing with Verner caliper stuff where the trick was that your eyes can do much better comparing two diff things side by side, and IIRC it was better to have two SEPARATE thingys rather than "is the thing in the center of two marks?". Cool concept at any rate. Don't think it looks ugly, I'd pay extra! Might even want to slap an 1/8" tall slab ontop of a regular Glock! Extra weight to reduce muzzle rise and a totally new sighting system to wow my fellow Mall Ninjas.
        Last edited by The Last American Hero; 04-11-2015, 10:52 AM.
        Am I a good shot!?!, YEAH I'M A GOOD SHOT!....i just got bad aim

        Comment

        • #34
          TitanCi
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 586

          Originally posted by fennecfrank
          Here is a gun with the same sight system but different material:






















          this particular sight system is called "Tiki".

          Ugly? Maybe.

          However, for carrying, this sight won't get caught by clothing.

          That's a cool color combo, that's for damn sure!!! The tarnishing of the TS looks awesome too. I appreciate the design, but maybe it's cuz I like the pure lines of the traditional 1911. Maybe without the large rollmark? The concept is something I appreciate, not sure if I would buy it though...


          Sent using your IP address

          Comment

          • #35
            The Last American Hero
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2014
            • 1215

            Originally posted by TitanCi
            That's a cool color combo, that's for damn sure!!! The tarnishing of the TS looks awesome too. I appreciate the design, but maybe it's cuz I like the pure lines of the traditional 1911. Maybe without the large rollmark? The concept is something I appreciate, not sure if I would buy it though...


            Sent using your IP address
            Instead of typical centered roll mark I'd do the branding with some subtle, tasteful "engraving" around the outer perimeter, edge of ejection port, etc that would contain stylized letters of the company, blending with the natural esthetics. A hide in plain sight/Impressionism sort of thing.
            Am I a good shot!?!, YEAH I'M A GOOD SHOT!....i just got bad aim

            Comment

            • #36
              perpetual otter
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2007
              • 5093

              Originally posted by 'ol shooter
              If I want big bore punishment, I'll just break out my Alaskan and shoot some full house loads. A Titanium 1911 would just beat hell out of you. I'll stick with my all steel versions, thanks.

              That's what I was thinking. I hate shooting my Kimber Ultra Carry with its aluminum frame.
              I provide opinions...
              At a rapid rate.

              Comment

              • #37
                Port Authority
                Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 231

                Whoops ... time for Glock to go out of business.

                Port
                .
                "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

                Comment

                • #38
                  ElDub1950
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 5688

                  Originally posted by billofrights
                  Christensen arms makes titanium 1911's, also in Damascus steel. Pricey, but my god they're beautiful.
                  Saw pics of those Damascus Steel 1911s the other day. Those might be the nicest looking guns I've ever seen.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1