Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need quick 1911 advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    idntwn2
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 281

    Originally posted by ArkinDomino
    I won't lie. That CBOB is on my short list, although it only is because SSE is gone and I can't get a VBOB.

    Is there a noticeable difference in recoil and handling for the CBOB as opposed to a full sized 1911?
    Don't sweat the VBOB. The CBOB has the same forged lower now. Does not have the killer duty finish though.

    For me, the handling has been stellar. I have shot few full size 1911s to be fair. It is a Caddy compared to the alloy Ultras.

    I love the thing.

    Comment

    • #77
      HKMadness
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 5262

      Originally posted by Steve_In_29
      I guess you aren't aware that KIA/Hyundai have a model that is giving BMW/Mercedes a run for their money.
      Yes I am aware. I'm also aware Kia has a 100,000 mile warranty. I still won't buy one.
      Show your friends your 1911's and your enemies your glocks!

      Say no to posers & wannabes.

      Comment

      • #78
        alex45auto
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 987

        What are 1911s

        Comment

        • #79
          L-2
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 1335

          Originally posted by alex45auto
          What are 1911s
          ...that would mean, "1911-type handguns".
          (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

          Comment

          • #80
            1911ShooterPhil
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 1037

            Rock Island Armory...all the way...

            Originally posted by ArkinDomino
            Hey gang,

            Here are some requirements I have for my next 1911:

            Series 70
            Mil Spec
            No slide front serrations
            Has to be on the CA roster
            Preferably a forged or carbon steel slide and frame

            I have a pretty good idea on what my options are but I was hoping for some quick suggestions from the CG community to make sure my bases are all covered.

            Thanks.
            Rock Island Armory 1911. You can get a base model and build it from there. You can put as much money as you want into it. The RIA 1911s are a great starting point. Here's what I did with the 5 RIA 1911s I have:

            .45 ACP "MEU-SOC Inspired" 1911


            .45 ACP "Custom Duty" 1911


            .45 ACP "Custom Compact" 1911


            9mm "Bowling Pin Match" 1911


            Here's the man who customized them:

            Mark Bunach

            Phone: 949-306-2028

            Currently, he's rebuilding this one:

            .45 ACP "Basic" 1911


            He did the work on that one before. It's my first Rock Island Armory pistol. I used it as a range plinking gun for many years. Now, I'm having him turn it into a bullseye competition pistol.

            Rock Island Armory 1911s are a good, inexpensive choice to begin a custom project. PM me if you have any questions. Best of luck. --1911ShooterPhil
            "A gun is a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane (1953)

            Comment

            • #81
              nahpungnome
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 2159

              Originally posted by 1911ShooterPhil
              Rock Island Armory 1911. You can get a base model and build it from there. You can put as much money as you want into it. The RIA 1911s are a great starting point. Here's what I did with the 5 RIA 1911s I have:

              .45 ACP "MEU-SOC Inspired" 1911


              .45 ACP "Custom Duty" 1911


              .45 ACP "Custom Compact" 1911


              9mm "Bowling Pin Match" 1911


              Here's the man who customized them:

              Mark Bunach

              Phone: 949-306-2028

              Currently, he's rebuilding this one:

              .45 ACP "Basic" 1911


              He did the work on that one before. It's my first Rock Island Armory pistol. I used it as a range plinking gun for many years. Now, I'm having him turn it into a bullseye competition pistol.

              Rock Island Armory 1911s are a good, inexpensive choice to begin a custom project. PM me if you have any questions. Best of luck. --1911ShooterPhil
              Some very nice looking rocks you got there! I still don't have a rock, but it's on my buy list (I have a Sig and Baer). Some people may feel it's a waste to dump money into whatever brand to do custom work, but hey, my wife thinks all my guns are a waste of money

              Comment

              • #82
                Steve_In_29
                Banned
                • Nov 2009
                • 5682

                OP, Starts Friday at Turner's in Reseda only, Springfield GI stainless $499.98. 10 guns in stock.

                Comment

                • #83
                  perpetual otter
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 5093

                  Originally posted by Steve_In_29
                  OP, Starts Friday at Turner's in Reseda only, Springfield GI stainless $499.98. 10 guns in stock.

                  This seems like a no brainer. But do I really want to Black Friday style this?

                  I hate lines...
                  I provide opinions...
                  At a rapid rate.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Redeyedrider
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 1744

                    Originally posted by Icypu
                    Rock Island Armory or the Citadel would do!
                    I know he mentioned MIL Spec as a deciding factor. Are either of the suggested 1911's MIL Spec?
                    We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
                    I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
                    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
                    TRUMP/NUNES

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Steve_In_29
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 5682

                      Originally posted by Redeyedrider
                      I know he mentioned MIL Spec as a deciding factor. Are either of the suggested 1911's MIL Spec?
                      Both come in GI models that fit the OP's specs.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Steve_In_29
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 5682

                        Originally posted by ArkinDomino
                        This seems like a no brainer. But do I really want to Black Friday style this?

                        I hate lines...
                        It's just a time-vs-money equation. Less of one equals more of the other and only you can decide where the line is.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1