Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

3rd handgun purchase...still deciding

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Click Boom
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2013
    • 6955

    I think you should fondle a 19 and 17 and see which fits your hand better. The 17 should be a touch more accurate. If you are worried about 10 round mags, you could sell them and buy 10/15's for not much markup.

    Comment

    • #62
      violentmouse
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 88

      Glock option:

      I was looking at the 34 a while back and went with the 35, just because I really had an itch that needed scratching in the .40 cal department.

      but in all honesty the 34 is competition ready out of the box and doesn't suffer a lot of the long term problems that a 17 or 19 would have. (long term means +/- 5k rounds)

      CZ Option:
      If you can bear the hunt, or wait time, I highly recommend the SP-01. It's probably the most well balanced and still affordable piece of equipment out there. I never swapped mine over to Single Action because I like the thought of being able to squeeze one off from a dropped hammer position. If you can't take the wait, or don't want to bother with the hunt, the CZ-75B is the same pistol as the SP-01 minus a few neat features. As far a how it fits, and shoots, lets just say they both shoot better than I can shoot them

      Personal Opinion:
      other than just buying both (I DID!!!!)
      You should try to find ranges that have them so you can fire them and feel them out, or at least handle them to some extent so that you can make your own decision.

      Best of luck.
      You don't blame cars for speeding or D.U.I's yet you put the most unqualified people behind the wheel!
      Then you blame guns for senseless acts of violence and prohibit the most qualified people from owning them?
      My keyboard is at fault for all typographical errors so flame the keyboard not me.

      P.S come for my guns I F****** dare you

      Comment

      • #63
        Beretta92FSfan
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2015
        • 41

        Originally posted by Click Boom
        I think you should fondle a 19 and 17 and see which fits your hand better. The 17 should be a touch more accurate. If you are worried about 10 round mags, you could sell them and buy 10/15's for not much markup.
        What do you mean by buy 10/15s?

        Comment

        • #64
          Beretta92FSfan
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2015
          • 41

          Originally posted by violentmouse
          Glock option:

          but in all honesty the 34 is competition ready out of the box and doesn't suffer a lot of the long term problems that a 17 or 19 would have. (long term means +/- 5k rounds).
          Uh...Wait what problems am I going to run into after 5k rounds?

          Comment

          • #65
            Beretta92FSfan
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2015
            • 41

            anyone?

            Comment

            • #66
              mikeyr
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2011
              • 1554

              Originally posted by Beretta92FSfan
              In terms of SD, 10 rounds instead of 6 might not sound like much but those 4 extra rounds are pretty important.
              My SD weapon of choice is a 45LC SAA with a empty chamber under the hammer so only 5 rounds available. Its my goto gun for bumps in the night and any other SD situation.

              Why ? Because its the gun I shoot the most and the one I am the most comfortable with as well as the most accurate in quick sighting situations, it shoots where I point and hits what I shoot at. If 5 rounds are not enough then i am deep trouble, my dogs will have to take care of intruders while I turn on the lights, get to the safe, do the combination about 3 or 4 times and get my 92FS or 1911. With either the 1911 or 92FS though I will be spraying lead like crazy hoping to hit something, with my SAA one round should do it.

              The best SD weapon around is not defined by how many rounds, or how pretty it is (and in my personal opinion its not made of plastic). Its how comfortable you are with it, how accurate you are with it. If a horde of bad guys are going to come at you, you likely will have enough warning to get the safe open for all the toys, the home invasions are usually (yes I know not always) just one or 2 guys, with my comfort level on the SAA, 5 rounds will be enough. Then again, I don't do house clearings, items in the house are insured...I dial 911, hide behind the bed with the SAA pointed at the hallway/door, its a long hallway for them to get to the door.

              Personally, if I was looking for another toy, I would look at Sig or Walther, those are next on my list someday.
              sigpic
              NRA Benefactor Member
              . CRPA Member

              Comment

              • #67
                rkt88edmo
                Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2002
                • 10062

                Gluck19
                If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                Use the goog to search calguns

                Comment

                • #68
                  Sutcliffe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 6792

                  CZ ugly..... Compared to Glock?

                  I admit, Glocks are fine weapons, I just can't get over how plain ugly they are.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    nikki#2
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2164

                    Originally posted by Beretta92FSfan

                    I'm still a bit undecided if I would go for the 17 or 19 since I have slightly larger hands but the 19 would be better if I ever CC ( yeah in California? possible in the future?
                    The answer will quickly become clear once you handle and shoot 'em side by side. Remove the CCW possibility from the equation until you determine it's a real possibility in your case...
                    right now it's just making the decision more complicated than it needs to be (e.g., a G19 might conceal better than a G17, but neither's my choice for the best concealed carry handgun).

                    Originally posted by Beretta92FSfan
                    how much does the usual polish trigger job on a glock cost?
                    There's a reason it's called a $ 0.25 trigger job...

                    Originally posted by Beretta92FSfan
                    Hmm a good reason to get a 17 then, I'm assuming most people take them into competition with modified triggers, sights, and such?
                    Most people start with USPSA Production division, which limits the mods one can make to their gun. Check out the rules online if interested. Good luck!

                    Last edited by nikki#2; 04-07-2015, 11:51 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      funk_drum
                      Member
                      • Jun 2014
                      • 289

                      I have 4 Springfield XDm's and I've never had a problem. I really like them. I also like the Sig P320. They do have a wonderful trigger!!

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Jimmybacon43
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 2000

                        Jeez I just looked at the roster for the first time in a long time. That was depressing as hell.
                        Originally posted by RookieShooter
                        One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Deimos887
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 1673

                          ^ I know right?

                          I hadn't looked at it in about a year until December while PMing helping a newbie member with a question and was like "Holy Hell!"... last I had seen their were over 2,000 models on list, and in Dec was like 850.

                          I knew alot had dropped off, but not to that extent.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            crufflers
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 12723

                            Originally posted by Beretta92FSfan
                            how much does the usual polish trigger job on a glock cost?
                            You should shoot a Shield 9mm, Glock 19, 17, XD9, and pick one. The Shield and XD9 will be the best value, but you cannot go wrong with a Glock IMHO.

                            As far as "trigger jobs". Try the stock trigger and if you hate it try a factory minus connector $25 or better yet a ZEV V4 Race connector for $15 (which is the best cheapest single upgrade I have found).

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              APeter001
                              Member
                              • May 2014
                              • 305

                              How about something in a .327 Magnum?
                              8 shots cap.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Beretta92FSfan
                                Junior Member
                                • Feb 2015
                                • 41

                                Already got my Glock 17 and am currently still in the 10 day waiting period, my question was what he meant by problems experienced at 4000-5000 rounds by glocks?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1