Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Exploding Handgun
Collapse
X
-
And just to put this out there, I want to say that I don't feel it was a squib because after a removed the weak rounds by hand I fired the Pistol many more times before that round Exploded in my handgun, it didn't happen after a weak round was fired... -
They don't know how many times the cases had been reloaded and in any case, that doesn't matter. I have 45 Auto cases that have been reloaded so many times you can't read the head stamp, so all you learned from the guy that sold you the ammo is he is clueless.I can't break down the pistol its jammed up pretty good, plus I want the Range owner to see the firearm the way it was when I left the range also Im not sure if this matter but the ammo I purchased was 2nd time reloads and the salesman told me that the ammo can be reloaded up to 5 times, not to worry but I still don't understand how they would know how many time the cases have been reloaded...
There is absolutely nothing wrong with reloads, if you know who reloaded them. A bag of reloads in the blind, from a clueless salesman? Well, you learned a valuable lesson.Leave a comment:
-
Agreed. I actually had something similar happen the other day - waited thirty seconds after the dry fire-esque click, dropped the mag, pulled back the slide, caught the ejected casing, attempted to put a rifle chamber flag down the barrel, found the an obstruction, and proceeded to use a rod and hammer to remove the squib. Not fun. That being said, the manufacturer's CS was extremely professional and serious when contacted regarding the matter.Last edited by essjay; 02-19-2015, 9:34 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I haven't loaded a squib yet, but this video got the idea of a squib at the front of my mind.
Glad the OP is ok. Go buy yourself a lottery ticket. I was at the range when a guy's revolver blew the top strap off. They took him to the hospital with many cuts to his face. There was revolver shrapnel stuck in the awning
Leave a comment:
-
Glad you're not seriously injured!
Hope you get it worked out.
Good luck.Leave a comment:
-
Looking down the barrel it looks as if the chrome lining was blown off the barrel...crazyLeave a comment:
-
I can't break down the pistol its jammed up pretty good, plus I want the Range owner to see the firearm the way it was when I left the range also Im not sure if this matter but the ammo I purchased was 2nd time reloads and the salesman told me that the ammo can be reloaded up to 5 times not to worry but I still don't understand how they would know how many time the cases have been reloaded...Last edited by nice shot; 02-19-2015, 9:36 PM.Leave a comment:
-
^^^
Most likely the Chamber wont show anything but there will be a preggo bulge on that barrel. Look at the lead smear at the end of that barrel.
I'd like to see the internals of that gun too.Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like a squib, or 2, left the bullet in the barrel which led to your kaboom. I dont wanna sound like a jerk but this seems like a case of user error and you should just handle it on your own.Right-Im really Lucky I still have my Fingers and the Slide rail didn't come back at my Face...It just had a Strange Pop not like a normal round being fired and actually the range master stated that the range was responsible and I need to go back tomorrow and speak the the owner of the Range-So thats what I will be doing
On a side note, if I was the range owner I would fire that RM.Leave a comment:
-
Im not going to point the finger at anyone yet but I have a feeling the range will help you out in some way. They might not buy you a new gun but they will do something. After all.... it was their ammo, inside their range so they have to take some responsibility. How much will depend on the owner and how well you interact with them. Good luck and give us an update tomorrow.Leave a comment:
-
Im going to have to default to this. Because in any other cause, blame the provider of ammunition.Leave a comment:
-
I too was wondering about the crazy fouling in the barrel - it looks like the rifling is packed with lead. Someone who has seen a lot of different failures (like the armorers at Springfield) will probably be able to say if that indicates a squib.Leave a comment:
-
I made sure the Pistol is cleared and looking down the barrel, you can see a spent case, it is Spit down the bottom and there is a good size hole blown through it-Damn Im Lucky...Leave a comment:
-
Looking at that barrel end, my vote goes to a definite squib. Way too much lead smeared there not like a single bullet going through.Leave a comment:
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,412
Posts: 25,147,524
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23239 users online. 60 members and 23179 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: