Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My Bear Necessities

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    .454
    Banned
    • Jul 2008
    • 3839

    Originally posted by rayra
    But hey, 'more is better' seems to rule most folks' thought patterns.
    And why not? Most people could live in a 1 bedroom apartment, drive a Toyota Corolla and shoot deer with a $200 Stevens rifle. All these items are sufficient enough for the purposes they were built. But people like to have other choices. I lived in a communist country where the only automobile you could buy was a mid 1960's 40 hp domestic copy of Renault 12, everybody lived in cramped apartments with thin walls and the only firearms you could own for hunting purposes only (after prior police approval) were single shot or double barreled shotguns.
    So long live capitalism and the freedom of choosing whatever you like and afford to buy! I love America
    Last edited by .454; 10-28-2008, 1:39 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      Vin496
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 8804

      Originally posted by EXTURNERSEMP
      Yup. It belches a gigantic fireball and the shock wave makes the target flutter like the wind blows inside the shooting range. Next time I will go to Insight in Artesia I plan to take a video camera with me and post a short clip on Youtube.
      They'll let you shoot that there?

      I thought the max was .44 mag.
      I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

      and

      If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

      Comment

      • #18
        civilsnake
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 2261

        Originally posted by EXTURNERSEMP
        Makes them empty their bowels instantly.
        You mean you can rack this revolver like a shotgun?!

        That is some hardcore artillery. I dig it. If you can take an attacking bear with that thing you will get a serious high five from me.
        Then another horse PONY came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a huge sword. My kinda guy.

        Comment

        • #19
          .454
          Banned
          • Jul 2008
          • 3839

          Originally posted by Vin496
          They'll let you shoot that there?

          I thought the max was .44 mag.

          One of the younger employees (tall, skinny, light hair) made an attempt to stop me after I fired the first six shots. While we were politely arguing, the older Korean guy (I guess he is the owner) stopped by and asked what's the problem. After learning what the discussion was all about, he smiled and nodded his head in approval then said "you go ahead, shoot that gun no problem". 15 minutes later I had the feeling somebody watches me from behind. When I turned my head I saw guess who? The young employee, sitting there on the bench and watching me. I asked if he wants to try a couple of shots. Guess what again? I didn't had to ask him twice.

          Comment

          • #20
            CHS
            Moderator Emeritus
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2008
            • 11338

            I was looking at the Alaskan just last night! Though, I'll most likely pick up the .44mag version, since I already have a Super Redhawk in .44mag.
            Please read the Calguns Wiki
            Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
            --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

            Comment

            • #21
              JTROKS
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 13093

              The Redhawk is much lighter, but heavier recoil is getting in the uncomfortable level. Ever fire a 405 grn hardcast at 1400 fps in 45/70 with 16" TC Contender tamer barrel? It's not something you shoot all day long at the range.

              The Alaskan looks cool, maybe I'll get one later on.
              The wise man said just find your place
              In the eye of the storm
              Seek the roses along the way
              Just beware of the thorns...
              K. Meine

              Comment

              • #22
                .454
                Banned
                • Jul 2008
                • 3839

                Originally posted by JTROKS
                Ever fire a 405 grn hardcast at 1400 fps in 45/70 with 16" TC Contender tamer barrel? It's not something you shoot all day long at the range.
                Nope, but I'd surely like to try one.
                By the way, I've seen one of these in consignment at Turners in Norwalk just a couple of days ago:

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1