Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would you make this trade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    jonzer77
    • Jul 2010
    • 8525

    Originally posted by GM4spd
    One is a quality pistol,the other is a Ruger.



    Pete

    That's why I listed the Buckmark first


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by barrage
    That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

    Comment

    • #32
      skosh69
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 4290

      Originally posted by stitch_paradox
      Considering the current California market value of the SR22 is around $500 and the 5000 rounds is more or less $300, i think its a pretty fare trade.
      That being said, you could say the same thing about VP9's and M&P's. Just because the market place is is demanding those prices, it doesn't mean that they are truly worth that. A gun or anything else is only worth what YOU are willing to pay for it.

      Having an SR-22 ourselves, I'd pass. We also have a M&P 22, which my wife and I a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, it's cute, little plinker, but I have to agree with what "Lovingtheyear1911" said, what happens when your stash of 5k of ammo is gone? All you have now is a SR-22 and your buddy has a USP 9mm.

      Bottom line, it's your gun OP, good luck deciding.

      Comment

      • #33
        cannon
        In Memoriam
        • Aug 2008
        • 8589

        If you like the Ruger then he needs to add some cash. I wouldn't do it though.
        ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

        Comment

        • #34
          JoshuaS
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 1617

          A used SR22 is not really worth $500. Certainly not to me, and I couldn't care that people are stupid enough to pay that because "off roster". But if it is a gun you really really want? Doesn't hurt still to haggle.

          $100 was the difference in value in my head, considering both guns are used and what one could reasonably pay for .22 lr

          Comment

          • #35
            big blaze
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 537

            Considering the value of .22LR now days you would be coming out ahead on the trade. If you want that SR22 it would be a good trade. I see used H&K USP 9mm selling for $650 to $700 especially now that everyone wants the new H&K VP9.

            Comment

            • #36
              Black Majik
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 9695

              An USP for a rimfire Ruger? Hell no.

              Comment

              • #37
                missiontrails
                Calguns Addict
                • Nov 2008
                • 7879

                Looks like a big fat NO.

                Comment

                • #38
                  JohnCCW
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 1307

                  Never sell an Hk. Unless you replace it with another Hk.
                  Either way you will still regret the sale. Maybe not right away, but eventually you will.
                  sigpicDon't ask how many guns I own, I lost count.
                  Rick Perry, Ted Cruz Trump for President 2016, because Hillary is NOT an option.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    I have no desire for either gun but, the case of .22lr would come in handy.
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Sean42082
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • 88

                      Buy the Sr22, and keep your HK! The sr22 is a pretty sweet shooter, and hard to find.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        stormvet
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 12681

                        I own a SR-22, don't own a H&K and don't plan on owning one either.
                        But that said, no way in hell I'd make that trade.

                        But if you have plenty of other working guns(real fighting handguns)and are just looking for a fun plinker, have him add another $100-200 and it makes since.
                        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          viet4lifeOC
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 4888

                          I hate the HK USP 9mm so much I gave it to my brother for free!

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            bsg
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 25954

                            Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                            I hate the HK USP 9mm so much I gave it to my brother for free!
                            you're killing me, Larry!

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              .45 ACP
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • 1545

                              Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                              I hate the HK USP 9mm so much I gave it to my brother for free!
                              Haha why?
                              The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                .45 ACP
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2014
                                • 1545

                                I think I'll just end up getting a Glock 22lr conversion kit.
                                The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1