Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is a single stack 9mm worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    sacmedic01
    Junior Member
    • May 2015
    • 83

    Kahr K9.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #32
      gsxr310
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 662

      Between my glock19 and shield9, I carry the shield ALOT more.

      Comment

      • #33
        Coltlover
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 517

        I have a Browning bda 380 double stack as my CCW love it but I love my 9mm model 39 S&W more.
        I carry that as my main.
        Top money
        For your colt 1911s
        Post war & pre war

        Comment

        • #34
          Saym14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 7892

          Walther PPS 9mm single stack

          Comment

          • #35
            v.kevin
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2014
            • 715

            All I have are single stacks.
            EDC is a XDs 9 in a kydex holster with a single clip. It disappears at 3:00 with just a tee shirt.
            I have a Walther CCP with an Alien Gear holster that I have never carried.
            Also a full size 1911 in .45 I have an OWB leather holster on the way. Probably will rarely carry it and only with a jacket.

            Comment

            • #36
              GlockN'Roll
              Veteran Member
              • May 2015
              • 3782

              If you are that concerned about the need to carry a double stack (still limited to 10 round mags) because of declining world conditions,

              you might considered a backup mag, in addition to the standard concealment mag even if you carry a double stack pistol.


              My G43 has be such an improvement in ease of carry over my G26, it defies logic.

              I can't imagine that a further shrinking of the grip will add much without making it harder to shoot.


              A G43 (or a equivalent slim single stack) with a seven/eight round magazine or a Magguts conversion, makes for a 7/8+1 package that is truly hard to beat.

              Two to three rounds is not likely to be life changing based on most shoot outs where only three to four rounds are typically expended...


              Life is a series of compromises, choose wisely as well as logically.
              Real Californian...

              Comment

              • #37
                cudakidd
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 3355

                Kahr fan here, CW9, PM9, Mk9, K9. All very reliable after break in.
                TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
                The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

                William Butler Yeats 1865-1939

                Comment

                • #38
                  Pupulepeter
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 783

                  Another shield 9mm here. Heinie sights and apex duty kit. I sold my glocks.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Maht_g
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 1748

                    Originally posted by cudakidd
                    Kahr fan here, CW9, PM9, Mk9, K9. All very reliable after break in.
                    +1, also a kahr fan, but pm40, p40, k40. Never a single problem with any of them.
                    sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Tekguy
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 97

                      Take a legit tactical training course that has a 300+ round count and find the balance between size and reliability. I dropped my pm9 and added a g43 to my Ltc because the pm9 was too small to manipulate under stress.

                      Once you learn to dress around the gun and find the right carry option for you, a glock 19 and extra mag is easially concealable for the average size man.

                      My suggestion is that you choose your 3 firearms on your ltc as the same brand and caliber.

                      Such as shield, m&p 9c, and m&p9 full size
                      Or
                      Glock 19,26,43

                      Learn how to run 1 type of gun where all the controls and trigger press are exactly the same

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Afterimage
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2016
                        • 607

                        Shield 40 with 2 extra 7 round magazines is working quite well for me. Like others have stated, it's personal preference. 22 rounds is hopefully enough. I'm walking around in public, not going to war.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          scarecrowX52
                          Member
                          • Aug 2014
                          • 109

                          Originally posted by v.kevin
                          All I have are single stacks.
                          EDC is a XDs 9 in a kydex holster with a single clip. It disappears at 3:00 with just a tee shirt.
                          I have a Walther CCP with an Alien Gear holster that I have never carried.
                          Also a full size 1911 in .45 I have an OWB leather holster on the way. Probably will rarely carry it and only with a jacket.
                          Damn.....I wish I could get my hands on a CCP. Actually, I'm looking for one for my Mom as a carry piece, her hand strength is pretty limited, and she has trouble racking the slide on semi autos....I've been thinking she might be able to work a CCP if I ever actually find one in this state.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            ptoad
                            Member
                            • Oct 2016
                            • 152

                            Originally posted by scarecrowX52
                            Damn.....I wish I could get my hands on a CCP. Actually, I'm looking for one for my Mom as a carry piece, her hand strength is pretty limited, and she has trouble racking the slide on semi autos....I've been thinking she might be able to work a CCP if I ever actually find one in this state.
                            I just saw a CCP on here (calguns) the other day. Do a search.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Packy14
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 5312

                              Originally posted by jmpeal
                              Yep been carrying my G26 for almost two years now. Smallest pistol I have on my license. I will be adding a G42 once I renew in a few months and most likely will be my main carry.
                              G42 is really small and ballistics aren't great. G43 is great.
                              NRA Lifetime Member

                              1A-2A = -1A

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Packy14
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 5312

                                Originally posted by Mavca21
                                I just had my interview in San Bernardino county and I have some time to figure out my third weapon. Is it really worth it to have a single stack 9 mm on my list?

                                I have a Ruger LC9S pro, but I'm considering selling it. I already have a G26 for a compact weapon. Being warm here in California, how many actually have AND carry a single stack weapon. Like a Glock 43, Kahr Pm9, ruger LC9/S pro and the like.
                                G43 with the new factory minus connector.... its not a g19 shooting wise but it's decent and easy to conceal.
                                NRA Lifetime Member

                                1A-2A = -1A

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1