Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Here We Go!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thatryan
    Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2012
    • 341

    Here We Go!

    Well I finally did it, why not. Filled out application for Contra Costa County and just dropped it into the post office slot.

    Wish me luck, and I will update here with progress.
    Attached Files
    I build stuff for the internet
  • #2
    Paladin
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2005
    • 12411

    The key is whether you have more than "self-defense"/"personal protection" as your Good Cause statement. With CoCoCo, you'll need a LOT more than just that. If you've got a LOT more, great, you might have a chance. If not, well, some people have time & money to burn, and you've just joined them....
    240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

    Comment

    • #3
      thatryan
      Member
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2012
      • 341

      Originally posted by Paladin
      The key is whether you have more than "self-defense"/"personal protection" as your Good Cause statement. With CoCoCo, you'll need a LOT more than just that. If you've got a LOT more, great, you might have a chance. If not, well, some people have time & money to burn, and you've just joined them....
      Yeah here's hoping, PM'd ya
      I build stuff for the internet

      Comment

      • #4
        Afterimage
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2016
        • 607

        Good luck to you, OP! I'm fortunate to live in a county where "self defense" is accepted as GC.

        Of course that may change after the Peruta ruling. We'll see...

        Comment

        • #5
          9kracing
          Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 406

          My 70 year old father, who owns a business in Oakland, regularly carries around large sums of cash, lives in Alamo, is ex navy, and is constantly in sketchy neighborhoods, was denied recently by the sheriff.

          Concord PD also told me to pound sand.

          I wouldn't even waste the money on the Livescan personally.
          **WTB Northtech Defense upper receiver**

          Comment

          • #6
            thatryan
            Member
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2012
            • 341

            Update: Live Scan scheduled...
            I build stuff for the internet

            Comment

            • #7
              Considerizer
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2016
              • 153

              Contra Costa CCW

              Nothing ventured nothing gained, OP. Worst case scenario you're denied and spent a few dollars trying. Worth the effort. Best success!

              Comment

              • #8
                thatryan
                Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2012
                • 341

                Update: Live Scan completed...
                I build stuff for the internet

                Comment

                • #9
                  CalArkansas
                  Member
                  • Oct 2016
                  • 271

                  keep up with the updates... I will soon be applying for one in CCC. I only want to carry when I am out shooting videos and such by myself.
                  Member of NRA, CRPA , GOA
                  Owns guns by Glock, Kimber, Rock Island, Sig Sauer, Springfield, Savage, Winchester... Heritage, Anderson... Crosman/Benjamin

                  My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    IGORR
                    Member
                    • May 2016
                    • 231

                    Has anyone actually got as far as to get a interview in contra Costa?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      XDJYo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 7097

                      OP-Definitely keep us updated and let us know the gist of your GC statement.

                      Thanks and I'll pop a bottle of the good stuff in your honor if you pass the audition!
                      Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                      Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                      Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                      M&P 15 (Mine)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1