Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lesson learned

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JohnCCW
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1307

    The thinking at the Madera Co Sheriff's department used to be- in case of a deputy in trouble situation, the closest backup may be a citizen with a CCW.

    I was told this years ago by a deputy Sheriff in my first CCW class. In Eastern Madera County, the LEO's are spread mighty thin. It was really bad in the old days.
    Last edited by JohnCCW; 08-04-2015, 12:33 PM.
    sigpicDon't ask how many guns I own, I lost count.
    Rick Perry, Ted Cruz Trump for President 2016, because Hillary is NOT an option.

    Comment

    • #17
      Loopwell
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2012
      • 1519

      New permit holders are understandably uneasy about carrying everywhere and all the time. Just carry everyday and you'll get used to it fast. People do not notice.

      Comment

      • #18
        Decoligny
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2008
        • 10615

        Sometimes I only carry two bullets in my CCW because I don't think I will need more than two bullets.

        Sound kind of strange? Well so does "I wasn't carrying because I 'thought' I would not need it".

        My Father was deathly allergic to bee stings. He had an epi-pen that he carried with him at all times, just in case he got stung by a bee. He died a few years back never having to use an epi-pen. Should he have left it at home? I don't think so. One random bee sting and he would be choking to death on his own tongue due to anaphylaxis.

        I am not allergic to bees, but I am pretty sure I am allergic to muggings, beatings, stabbings, and all that sort of BS. I will carry my equivalent of an epi-pen with me everywhere I legally can.
        sigpic
        If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
        or heard it with your own ears,
        don't make it up with your small mind,
        or spread it with your big mouth.

        Comment

        • #19
          ExtremeX
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 7160

          Originally posted by Decoligny
          Sometimes I only carry two bullets in my CCW because I don't think I will need more than two bullets.

          Sound kind of strange? Well so does "I wasn't carrying because I 'thought' I would not need it".

          My Father was deathly allergic to bee stings. He had an epi-pen that he carried with him at all times, just in case he got stung by a bee. He died a few years back never having to use an epi-pen. Should he have left it at home? I don't think so. One random bee sting and he would be choking to death on his own tongue due to anaphylaxis.

          I am not allergic to bees, but I am pretty sure I am allergic to muggings, beatings, stabbings, and all that sort of BS. I will carry my equivalent of an epi-pen with me everywhere I legally can.
          Good post
          ExtremeX

          Comment

          • #20
            Country_Jim
            Member
            • Feb 2014
            • 346

            Originally posted by Decoligny
            Sometimes I only carry two bullets in my CCW because I don't think I will need more than two bullets.

            Sound kind of strange? Well so does "I wasn't carrying because I 'thought' I would not need it".

            My Father was deathly allergic to bee stings. He had an epi-pen that he carried with him at all times, just in case he got stung by a bee. He died a few years back never having to use an epi-pen. Should he have left it at home? I don't think so. One random bee sting and he would be choking to death on his own tongue due to anaphylaxis.

            I am not allergic to bees, but I am pretty sure I am allergic to muggings, beatings, stabbings, and all that sort of BS. I will carry my equivalent of an epi-pen with me everywhere I legally can.
            Well said.

            Comment

            • #21
              aztecwarrior76
              Member
              • Jun 2014
              • 98

              I ran into this article today. I soon realize my mistake. I want to apologize to the CC community for my negligence of not carrying every day. I'm new to my CC, and I have a sig Sauer sp2022 as my CCW. I being carrying ever since I posted my interaction with LE, and I can say that nobody has noticed when I carry, not even my family members. That's a very good sign and a huge motivation.

              I want to thank you all for your support, and the motivation to continue exercising my 2A.

              Stay safe and keep training.

              Here is the article.

              Guide Net Worth is a reliable place to learn about celebrity net worth with clear, fact-based information. We cover actors, musicians, athletes, entrepreneurs, and more with verified numbers, income details, and career milestones. Each profile is carefully researched and written in simple language so readers get the most accurate view of how their favorite stars built their wealth.


              Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
              Last edited by aztecwarrior76; 08-06-2015, 10:21 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1