Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hello, C & R handgun question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • macross80
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 8

    Hello, C & R handgun question

    Hello, my name is Frank and I am from Imperial in Imperial county California. I wanted to extend my salutations to all the members here at calguns. I have been browsing the forum for a while now and decided to join. I wanted to start off with a question. I recently acquired my 03 FFL license and am saving up money to go to a gun show in yuma, az in november. my question is, I know I can buy a c&r handgun and bring it here and then register it, but how can I know which c&r handguns can be brought here? I have the booklet from the ATF that lists all c&R firearms, but is there any restrictions from bringing any handguns back here besides the 10 round magazine limit? or are all c&r handguns exempt from the safety test and/ or roster list? Can I bring any C&R handgun back here? I have seen several websites that have c&r handguns for sale and some of them say, "not for sale in ca". Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
  • #2
    hk91666
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1945

    Hi I am a frank too,
    You have it pretty well stated 10 rd limit and on atf list. Cali has another issue that of 50 years on c&r long arms not sure about handguns. Someone else may chirp in. I got a cz82 whih has a 12 rd mag but dealer sub a 10 rd for his cali customers. Also self register within 5 days.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    "Si Vis Pacem Parabellum"

    NRA Life Member since 1978
    NRA Endowment Member since 2016
    CRPA Life Member 2022

    Comment

    • #3
      wglabs
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 92

      Welcome to Calguns.

      A good place to start looking may be here:

      And or do a search for C&R under that subforum. Someone may also know of a wiki that may help...

      Comment

      • #4
        chozenfew805
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2010
        • 5008

        Welcome Aboard!
        ....I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America...


        Comment

        • #5
          Jet Setter
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2012
          • 5348

          Welcome.
          *********************
          WTS:
          1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
          2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
          3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)

          Comment

          • #6
            den888
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 10520

            Welcome!

            Comment

            • #7
              Fryall4
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 3770

              Hi Frank, welcome to Calguns. Good luck on the info hunt

              Comment

              • #8
                DBADRAT
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1801

                Welcome
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  .22guy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 5863

                  Welcome to Calguns!
                  Originally posted by sholling
                  Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Old Scribe
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 587

                    Welcome aboard.
                    sigpic
                    U S Coast Guard Squadron Three, Viet Nam 1968
                    NRA Life Member

                    "Well Stanley, here's another nice mess you've got me into!"
                    Oliver Hardy

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MrExel17
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 9170

                      Welcome
                      "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        shakes88
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 1128

                        Welcome..
                        Boycott GFOS in Vacaville

                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1