Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Last day to DROS in 2013? (And another question)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OC Speedball
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 244

    Last day to DROS in 2013? (And another question)

    I figured it would be better to ask here than call, and you guys can respond whenever you have time.

    1) If someone buys a gun for me how long do I have to come in and DROS it? (How long do you hold)

    2) What is the last day I can DROS in 2013 without having to register? For example, if I DROS on December 31st, and pick it up Jan 10th or whatever, will I be in the clear?


    Thanks. Love you guys! Serious, you are the only place I shop.
    Last edited by OC Speedball; 12-01-2013, 1:10 PM. Reason: Got one of the questions answered
  • #2
    OC Speedball
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 244

    Bump for answer??

    Comment

    • #3
      shark92651
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Oct 2006
      • 5431

      Sorry, we missed this post...

      1) As long as the firearm is paid for we will hold it for a reasonable time for you. If a firearm is unclaimed after 180 days, however, it is considered abandoned and we can do with it as we wish.

      If it is just a credit card authorization (done online) then we will cancel the order once it is 30 days old unless other arrangements are made.

      2) The new DROS system and long gun registration begins on 1/1/2014, until then it will be performed on the old system with no registration of long guns - so you have through 12/31/2013 to purchase a long gun without registration.
      sigpic
      www.riflegear.com

      Comment

      • #4
        flyingspur
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 313

        Originally posted by shark92651
        Sorry, we missed this post...

        1) As long as the firearm is paid for we will hold it for a reasonable time for you. If a firearm is unclaimed after 180 days, however, it is considered abandoned and we can do with it as we wish.

        If it is just a credit card authorization (done online) then we will cancel the order once it is 30 days old unless other arrangements are made.

        2) The new DROS system and long gun registration begins on 1/1/2014, until then it will be performed on the old system with no registration of long guns - so you have through 12/31/2013 to purchase a long gun without registration.
        Thanks for the explanation. I was looking for this answer.

        Comment

        • #5
          Riflegear
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Jun 2009
          • 1919

          Originally posted by OC Speedball
          I figured it would be better to ask here than call, and you guys can respond whenever you have time.

          1) If someone buys a gun for me how long do I have to come in and DROS it? (How long do you hold)

          2) What is the last day I can DROS in 2013 without having to register? For example, if I DROS on December 31st, and pick it up Jan 10th or whatever, will I be in the clear?


          Thanks. Love you guys! Serious, you are the only place I shop.
          Originally posted by flyingspur
          Thanks for the explanation. I was looking for this answer.
          Additionally, we will be closing at 6:00pm on 12/31/13. You have until then to start your DROS to avoid registration.

          Thank you for your business!

          sigpic

          Gear On Sale
          Contact Us
          Follow Us On: Facebook - Instagram

          Comment

          • #6
            Joćo
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 57

            With a credit card order.. Is the money taken from my card automatically?

            I only ask because i will be out of town until the 3rd.
            Can i do DROS online? I just purchased a shotgun a few days ago

            Comment

            • #7
              shark92651
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Oct 2006
              • 5431

              With a credit card order.. Is the money taken from my card automatically?

              I only ask because i will be out of town until the 3rd.
              Can i do DROS online? I just purchased a shotgun a few days ago
              No, it's only an "Authorization", which reserves the money for us to "Capture" later (usually when we ship or when you come in to complete the transaction).

              Credit Card authorizations are released automatically in 30 days if we do not complete the transaction, which is why we will cancel any online order not completed within 30 days, unless other arrangements are made.

              You CANNOT perform a DROS unless you are physically in the store. It initiates a background check, so we need to check/swipe your ID to verify your identity and verbally ask you questions.
              Last edited by shark92651; 12-17-2013, 10:29 AM.
              sigpic
              www.riflegear.com

              Comment

              • #8
                Joćo
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 57

                Originally posted by shark92651
                No, it's only an "Authorization", which reserves the money for us to "Capture" later (usually when we ship or when you come in to complete the transaction).

                Credit Card authorizations are released automatically in 30 days if we do not complete the transaction, which is why we will cancel any online order not completed within 30 days, unless other arrangements are made.

                You CANNOT perform a DROS unless you are physically in the store. It initiates a background check, so we need to check/swipe your ID to verify your identity and verbally ask you questions.
                Great. See you soon

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1