Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PTR 51P PDW Pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Atlantic Firearms
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Jun 2006
    • 1942

    We were able to track down who you are and your order and email address , We show one email from you on Aug 25 th @ 209 pm , we responded to you the same day 953 pm about the brace , We have the emails saved on our system and we did tell you at that time >>>We are working on the PTR 308 pistol braces but are not sure when we will have them out it will probably be in a few months You emailed again on Sept 3 @ 213 pm and you simply asked when the order was going out no other questions about arm braces etc . You order shipped on Sept 4 th , I have looked for other email request and do not see them , we would not intentionally plot to not give you info about the braces and in the Aug 25 th email we specifically stated it could be a few months that we were working several Generations of the possible Arm brace set ups for the PTR. Please PM us so we can try to figure out where this got off track .
    Atlantic Firearms
    www.atlanticfirearms.com
    sales@atlanticfirearms.com

    Comment

    • #17
      Atlantic Firearms
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Jun 2006
      • 1942

      The set up you did come up with does look good , how much did the set up cost ? , What type of rail do you have on the top & is it solid ?
      Atlantic Firearms
      www.atlanticfirearms.com
      sales@atlanticfirearms.com

      Comment

      • #18
        SloChicken
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 4533

        I'm good man, no worries. It is done now.

        It was kind of upsetting to have a delay (not real long) on getting my pistol shipped, and then to find a day or two after mine leaves you guys that this one comes out.
        Particularly after asking you specifically about the brace.

        Again, I like what you guys do overall, and am happy with the products I have purchase from you over time.
        This one, and the timing just didn't sit well with me.

        Again, I am fine, but I did feel it was worth at least making mention of. I hope you can see my side of this.

        It did cost me quite a bit of money to piece this together though. It would have been nice to know this was coming out as I would have ordered differently and saved myself quite a bit of cash.
        sigpic

        Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
        To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

        Comment

        • #19
          SloChicken
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 4533

          Originally posted by Atlantic Firearms
          The set up you did come up with does look good , how much did the set up cost ? , What type of rail do you have on the top & is it solid ?
          Choate AR stock setup ($179) ditched the carbine buffer tube and stock and replaced with the Phase5 tube listed below.

          Sig SB 15 brace ($112 on a deal)

          Phase5 Pistol buffer tube ($59) - I cut about 6 threads of length off the forward of this tube to get it to seat better and remove some of the unsightly threads. It is more flush now.

          B&T HK91 Extended Picatinny Rail ($169) - I had to modify this as the charging handle runs into the forward left end of the rail. A quick milling job, a bit of BBQ paint (hi-temp) and done.
          Yes, the rail is quite solid. It is standard issue for the German Mil guys on their HKs

          The Sight is just an old Vortex Strikefire that I had laying around. The low mount makes for a better cheek weld than the AR height one I tried before putting this one on ... Not that I would shoulder it ... Ever ... Because I love Feinstein and Bloomberg, and Deleon and all they stand for ...
          Not.
          But if I ever did I would think that I have to get a little tight to use the irons, but they are completely useable with the Brace height as it is.

          Ouch!

          Just realized how much I had to spend to pull this one off !!!

          Okay, frustrated again ...

          LOL
          sigpic

          Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
          To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

          Comment

          • #20
            kel-tec-innovations
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 3931

            Originally posted by crazychinaman
            It's a not sure answer from CA DOJ,That's why some dealers say no.
            DOJ...... They never have a clear answer.
            WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
            WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
            American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
            WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

            Comment

            • #21
              SloChicken
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 4533

              Originally posted by kel-tec-innovations
              DOJ...... They never have a clear answer.
              my position on this matter is that,

              The CA-DOJ has a duty to perform due diligence on changes, or new firearms that enter the marketplace.

              If they are silent on this, either they are negligent regarding their due-diligence, or they are not in disapproval (By written opinion/legislation) of the brace.

              As such, we as consumers, and usually not experts in the field in comparison to the CA-DOJ, or manufacturers, or even the FFLs are less compelled to understand the nuances within the laws. Further, we rely on experts (the DOJ, Manufacturers, FFLs) to help us see what is illegal or not by observing that which is for sale in FFLs or shipped to CA by manufacturers.
              If the CA-DOJ has a problem with it, they are compelled to intervene in a timely manner - otherwise it can be easily argued that they do not disapprove. Particularly as they have been asked about this by numerous consumers, and they decline to offer an opinion.


              As such, the consumer can easily argue these points to their defense if need be.
              The Sig pistol (P516, P556, PM400, etc.) with brace has/was on the California market for at least a couple of years now. I think recently it came off roster as it is not listed any longer.
              That said, I have seen quite a few of them at various California vendors over the past few years.

              The DOJ has to have been made aware of this occurring. If they are aware, and consider it unlawful/illegal, then they would be akin to baiting, or entrapment/sting activities if they were to wait for consumers to purchase these from otherwise lawful vendors/FFLs and then prosecute the end user.

              Seems reasonable, no?
              Because that is what Feinsteinberg and K. Hairass are, if anything, is reasonable, right?
              sigpic

              Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
              To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1