Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Shooters Hell"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 3162

    "Shooters Hell"

    Last week I took my sister shooting (25 years old) to Shooters Paradise, it was her first time using a handgun, well after a long verbal lesson and showing her the proper way to handle a handguns she's getting ready to shot and she did well, the targets were at 15 feet she was hitting 5 out of 10 in the center mass and the rest well all over, as she was shooting I felt like somebody was staring at me I turn around and I see 2 employees of shooters paradise pointing and laughing at mi sister, how do I know this? well there was only 4 persons at the range and they were on the far left side shooting lanes and we were the only ones at the far right, I have to admit my sister was flinching half the time she'll pull the trigger and it look funny but for employees to mock and make fun of somebody like that is not right, if you guys would have seen the way they were acting "like monkeys" you to would be, I'll will never take another family member to that place again as for me well I'm a member but as soon as my membership is over I'll take my business and family some were else.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

    sigpic
  • #2
    RaiderNation
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 551

    Great way to discourage new shooters. What a bunch of clowns.

    Comment

    • #3
      Sheldon
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2149

      Not cool. But way to go taking the sis out. I have one who is in the LAPD and we go every now and then and have a great time together. She always tells me of how confident she is when they qualify and that always makes me feel good along with her.

      Comment

      • #4
        ranging4u
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 68

        You did the right thing. Taking your money else where. You should send the owner the link to make he corrects those fools.

        Comment

        • #5
          bob7122
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2010
          • 5090

          make a complaint and if you have have any other friends tell them to go somewhere else. i know i would; that stuff is disrespectful bs.
          Originally posted by 2761377
          man's greatest accomplishments have been achieved in the face of futility.
          it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
          PSN name= entwie_dumayla
          "I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."
          ***looking to buy in great condition yugo sks***

          Comment

          • #6
            LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2009
            • 883

            HERE'S THE SOLUTION TO THIS "PROBLEM":





            Their new range in Ventura is under construction.


            Island View Enterprises
            2359 Knoll Dr.
            Ventura, Ca
            805-256-1547

            sales@islandviewent.com
            M-F 11am-6pm
            Sat 11am-5pm
            Sun Closed

            Comment

            • #7
              steelrain82
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2009
              • 3683

              ^^^^
              oh man I can't wait to be done with shooters for good. ****ty service, ****ty prices, and overall ****ty experience. Tolerated because they are the only game in town.

              Comment

              • #8
                lucky22
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 35

                THEY SUCK
                Wendy

                Comment

                • #9
                  FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 3162

                  Originally posted by BIGDOG805
                  [F]Theyre a bunch of clowns over at Shooters Paradise.
                  I used to be a regular customer of their shooting range, but it seems like their customer service is getting worse as the time passes. The prices are out of control as well.
                  A glock 19 for $675 not including tax and DROS?...Really, $675 plus tax and DROS. For that price it better have Auto-Aim assist haha..
                  Like the OP sais Ive also heard the animals, I mean the employes make fun of people shooting as im waiting in line to check in or out.
                  Why waste our money on a business like that who cant even respect their customers. I take my money elsewhere
                  [/FONT].
                  BIGDOG805.....the ammo they sell is way over price to....yugo 8mm corrosive surplus ammo sells for $19.99 for 15 rounds WTF, and I have told 2 of my LEO family member not to ever buy from them.
                  Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 3162

                    They are a pain in the @$$ even when we are trying to pay for something......next time that I go there I'll pay with a bag of pennys
                    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Wicked Pete
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2010
                      • 5182

                      You must say something to owner/management. If you don't, your saying it's OK to treat us like this. Please.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dieselpower
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 11471

                        I have taken my daughter there twice and both times she has told me she felt uncomfortable around the sales staff. The last time was when we also brought her asian boyfriend. It seems a couple of the sales staff don't agree with white girls dating non-white guys.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          edgerly779
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 19871

                          I just saw the the island view post and these are nice people. As the builder and original owner of The Target Range in Van nuys I know how important treating clients properly is. I just did some business with Island View and as a former ffl I can tell you they were knowledgable and professional and a pleasure to do business with. Good luck with new range guys. Jack
                          Last edited by edgerly779; 09-11-2011, 2:12 PM. Reason: punctuation

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Flip_Shot
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 9

                            Interesting thread. As a Ventura County residence I have been driving all over to find a place to shoot. Triple Bs, Oak Tree, A Place to Shoot, Piru, Ojai, Santa Barbara, and Shooter's Paradise. New to guns, I honestly think most places size me up. I'm in my late 40s, and I tend to feel like I don't belong. Then I realize that most places quickly get comfortable as I become familiar to them. Now I not saying they acted professional. I noticed there is staff at Shooter's Paradise that make me feel uncomfortable, but I treat them like Caesar Milan (Dog Whisper, ever seen the South Park episode?). Calm assertive. Their behavior is out of fear, poor up bringing, or even childhood trauma. Enjoy yourself despite them.

                            I have purchased several firearms from Island View. I do so because of their service, and now I want them to succeed. With indoor shooting range competition in VC, maybe Shooter's will improve?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              peter95
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 2488

                              that sucks... Customer service always goes a long way for me, and laughing at someone shooting is not a way to welcome new shooters.

                              I usually try out many places, even though its far away, but now I dont feel like supporting them if I would to ever be around the area.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1