Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My wife's anniversary gift

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mecam
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 4049

    My wife's anniversary gift

    S&W Model 64 .38 Special.

    sigpic
  • #2
    movie zombie
    Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jul 2007
    • 14644

    nice! i hope its the one she wanted?

    movie zombie

    ps congrats on the anniversary!
    "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
    Originally posted by The Shootist
    Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

    Comment

    • #3
      5968
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 3557

      If it isn't the one she wanted, I guess he has a new gun! Congrats on the anniversary.
      sigpicIf you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
      Originally posted by hoffmang
      NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene

      Comment

      • #4
        battleship
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 4969

        Did you stick a flower in the barrel.

        Comment

        • #5
          mecam
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 4049

          LOL, I got her this because she has a hard time pulling the slide on my semi-autos so they make useless home defense for her.

          She actually loves the simplicity of her new Revolver. Sunday will be the first time she will be shooting it. I also got her 500rds of ammo from Miwall.

          This is also my first time holding a revolver and I'm thinking about getting a 357 or 44mag for myself.

          -
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Two Shots
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 2022

            Nice gift, Happy anniversary
            "I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."
            - Arnold Schwarzenegger

            Comment

            • #7
              mecam
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 4049

              I can't believe how light the trigger is on SA mode. That thing must be around half a pound of pull. I told my wife to never ever use SA mode until she is 110% comfortable with the gun. I'm training her like crazy with snap caps.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Doheny
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2008
                • 13820

                Originally posted by mecam
                I can't believe how light the trigger is on SA mode. That thing must be around half a pound of pull. I told my wife to never ever use SA mode until she is 110% comfortable with the gun. I'm training her like crazy with snap caps.
                Good choice on a SD gun and good adivce on not using it SA until ready (if at all.)
                Sent from Free America

                Comment

                • #9
                  battleship
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 4969

                  You mean you dont own a python. Gasp.

                  I bought my girlfriend a 686 7 shot with a five inch barrel she thinks its pretty though has yet to fire the thing.

                  She doesnt like semi auto because the spent cartridges land in her hair.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Angie
                    Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 470

                    Lucky girl!

                    Congrats on the anniversary, nothing says "I love you" like firearms

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Moonclip
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 4390

                      Originally posted by Angie
                      Lucky girl!

                      Congrats on the anniversary, nothing says "I love you" like firearms
                      Very true, I've received firearms from grandma and dad before for holidays but have never received or given one to a significant other, considering the women I seem to attract, this is a good thing!

                      To the OP, very nice gun/choice, I know a calgunners that wants a pre lock version bad like that. You should have the gun engraved with something special like your names and date of marriage or something.
                      .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                      7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                      9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                      .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                      .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                      20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mecam
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 4049

                        Originally posted by Moonclip
                        You should have the gun engraved with something special like your names and date of marriage or something.
                        She actually wants to change the grip to some pearl grip.

                        I will post pics of her shooting it this Sunday if we can find a babysitter.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Moonclip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 4390

                          Darn, that is expesive for faux pearl, I clicked the link, eagle makes good grips though. I have factory faux pearl on a Star BM, girls seem to like those type guns. My friends dad has the Taurus PT38s that comes with the fake pearl grips, mine is the standard blue version(and broken currently)

                          I once shined up a S&W mod 649 bodyguard and put fake pearls on it. Rememember the fake pearls may make the gun more slippery to hold on to and will control felt recoil less effectvely.
                          .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                          7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                          9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                          .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                          .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                          20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mecam
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 4049

                            Originally posted by Moonclip
                            Darn, that is expesive for faux pearl, I clicked the link, eagle makes good grips though. I have factory faux pearl on a Star BM, girls seem to like those type guns. My friends dad has the Taurus PT38s that comes with the fake pearl grips, mine is the standard blue version(and broken currently)

                            I once shined up a S&W mod 649 bodyguard and put fake pearls on it. Rememember the fake pearls may make the gun more slippery to hold on to and will control felt recoil less effectvely.

                            Yeah, the site suggested not to use real pearl for shooting and to use the imitation pearl instead.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              movie zombie
                              Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 14644

                              yes, get that .357 but make sure its one she likes and fits her hand as well because she's going to want to shoot that too!

                              i'm glad its what she wanted! make sure to wine and dine her sunday after the range!

                              i so love revolvers!

                              movie zombie
                              "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
                              Originally posted by The Shootist
                              Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1