Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Holster for my wifes Shield

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BPS
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 133

    Originally posted by Glock Girl in CA
    I love this holster from the Well Armed Woman:


    I carry appendix with a G26 OR a G19. I have one holster for each. This holster disappears and is has a couple features I love: 1. It can clip right on the waistband of form-fitting jeans. I usually have a belt, but sometimes I need to grab my gun and go. 2. I can adjust the cant. I need the gun in different positions on the waistband for different clothes, and the holster accommodates them all. 3. Can adjust how high and low the gun sits on waistband. 4. One clip. So easy. 5. Some girls like to tuck it in their boot. The product video demonstrates, I think.

    Leather would feel nicer against the skin, though.
    Thanks Glock Girl, I'll check out out that holster, it sounds pretty good.

    Originally posted by kaligaran
    It's really going to be up to her to find something that works for her body and clothing preferences.

    Personally, I can carry comfortably AIWB or IWB at like 4:30. But at 4:30 I always feel like my shirt is gonna ride up and show so I've been going with AIWB and love it so far.
    Originally posted by grantar2
    BPS, I would offer there really isn't one solution for your wife as she will choose a range of dressing styles, each requiring a slightly different method of carry. To some degree it will also depend on if you have small children around. Most of the options mentioned above will work well. For jogging or athletic activity I can recommend a belly band type holster worn high, or around the hips as an IWB. There is also a very nice hip holster that is comfortable for women wearing pants. or even skirts. For wearing a dress the Guard-HER rig by Sticky Holster works very well, or a concealed carry purse. There are multiple solutions for purse carry each with a strength and weakness. Is the gun compartment lockable, is there a holster that fits multiple purses. The are solutions to each.

    If I may recommend looking at www.packinfurdefense.com you will see a number of these solutions. The company regularly shows at Crossroads of the West Gun Shows in OC and San Diego. If you have questions they are more than happy to answer them.
    Its really a no brainer that what works for one person usually won't work for the next, basically its a starting point & some suggestions is what I'm after, Hell I'm, still looking for the perfect carry holster after almost a year & a half of carrying.

    I'll be sure to check out all of the links posted

    Originally posted by BonnieB
    We have many many threads here in the Women's Forum, on the topic of carry holsters for women. If you search the Women's Forum on "holster" you'll get tons of information.

    We've had some particularly good ideas on using velcro and a Spanx type camisole to custom- place a soft (not Kydex) holster on a woman's torso. It seems real logical to me to place a holster in a spot where we naturally curve in, and not out like the traditional belt holster.

    This is not an easy problem, because of the difference in height and body shape. What works well for men does not necessarily work for women.

    IMNSHO, I think the bra-based holsters are idiotic and dangerous. I'd never use a holder that had the muzzle pointing at my heart. And especially not running.

    (And guys, please get your wife/gf/SO to write in herself. We'd love to chat with her and she'll find tons of useful stuff in the Women's Forum.)
    BonnieB

    As far as my wife goes, she's just not that into it, guns & shooting are not her first love (Odd I Know), I agree with you it would be nice if I could get her to sign up on Cal Guns & start doing some research for her self, but until she does I'm all she's got to help find her the right holster for the right occasion.

    On a positive note, I did manage to get her out to the range today & she did pretty darn good, very safe, maintained muzzle control & after a few magazines she was able to stay on the paper pretty well. She even said she had fun.

    She takes her CCW class on Thursday.

    Lee
    http://jeffersondeclaration.net/

    http://www.stateofjefferson.com

    Butte County for the State of Jefferson

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1