Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Free speaker on Domestic Violence

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Banana
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 321

    Free speaker on Domestic Violence

    I loathe the need to say this, The Banana is a female.

    If you want an AMAZING German Shepherd, I know people www.ragnarshepherds.com.
  • #2
    movie zombie
    Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jul 2007
    • 14644

    good work, Banana. i hope you get some takers.

    years ago i helped to found a battered womens' shelter. DV knows no limits re class, ethnicity, economic stature, education, etc.
    "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
    Originally posted by The Shootist
    Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

    Comment

    • #3
      nicki
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 4208

      Domestic Violence.

      This is a serious subject and I know many women who have had problems not only with abuse, but stalkers as well.

      Being able to specifically outreach to women on issues that affect them and offer options for them would be something that would help expand our rights.

      Sounds like this speaker could be part of a comprehensive outreach to women.

      Is this speaker sympathetic to gun rights btw?

      Nicki

      Comment

      • #4
        Nelly_Bly
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 5

        Quick add to this oh so important topic - great book by Lundy Bancroft - http://www.amazon.com/Why-Does-He-Th.../dp/0425191656 is a fantastic read and explains so much of what goes on - BUT the point I want to make is that while people want to make laws and punish men - this is not just a man on woman problem and the bottom line is - people who engage in DV - physical, verbal and emotional are generally people with personality disorders and there is no fixing it - they like to play with people and have a master slave mentality. It is truly a sickness and people who get caught up in it generally become trauma bonded. You can read about that here : http://www.mental-health-matters.com...article&id=167 -

        Yes, of course I am intimately familiar - many of you ladies may know what a Tarasoff warning is... I received one from the doctor of an ex - I spent 5 years dealing with this - dead rats in my yard, three attempts at taking me hostage... I'd be interested to know who K is and have more information on the approach...

        Comment

        • #5
          The Banana
          Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 321

          Nicki, The speaker is not a gunny but we are working on that, the rest of the firm IS pro-gun.

          Nelly, K is more about the courts and proving the violence in the courts which is nearly impossible in many cases. She is also an expert in violence escalation. In terms of the nuts and bolts of self-protection: guns, dogs, in your case I hope armed guards; K is not the best source of information. Happy to say more.
          I loathe the need to say this, The Banana is a female.

          If you want an AMAZING German Shepherd, I know people www.ragnarshepherds.com.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1