Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Men piss me the eff off sometimes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maddog5150
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2006
    • 10526

    Men piss me the eff off sometimes

    Why is it gentleman always come in to the gunstore I work with thier moms, girlfriends, wives and say, "oh I need something for a WOMAN to protect the home. She needs a 22 revolver!" Then cop the biggest attitude with me when I try to explain some other options.
    Yeah the 22 doesnt have recoil but neither does most resonable weapons. But hey, I'm just an instructor and a counter jockey. What do I know?
    What about the tens of thousands of female soldiers out there who have been taught to shoot an M9 or dating back a few decades the 1911? What about the countless female officers out there who shoot something bigger than a 22?
    I know this doesnt apply to ladies here on this forum but if a guy says ,"little lady, you need a mini revolver or a twenty five auto." Kick him in the balls.

    Oh yeah. I love how insecure these guys are when they feel they need to speak for thier ladies. Like I ask her a question and he answers for her. Takes the firearm first before she can hold it or never lets her touch it or gets pissed off when I ask her the questions and make eye contact with her instead of him.
    Last edited by Maddog5150; 04-27-2009, 8:14 PM.
    Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

    For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
    Note: I did not write the above article.

    Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

    sigpic
  • #2
    nick
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2008
    • 19152

    The next time they come, can you, please, ask them how they managed to make their girlfriend/wife/etc. shoot .22?
    DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

    DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      BONECUTTER
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2007
      • 2263

      My first responses is "Well my mom is 55 and carries a P99 in .40."

      Then I try to gauge how much they want to shoot/train with it. I push everyone who wants it "just in case" and has no interest on shooting toward revolvers for the simplicity. The lack of safeties, magazines, cocking, ect... all are beneficial in an emergency when you have not trained recently. I usually recommend 357 but tell them to load it with 38+p for the 357 frame will help with the recoil it is and it will still allow the (tool) they brought with them to fire off some magnum and still feel like the tough guy he is. Last thing I want is to sell someone a gun they won't figure out in a panic and won't go bang when they need it to.

      Those who are interested in shooting I always send to local range and tell them to try out as many handguns as they can in....38...9...40....45. I tell them to find one that feels good in the hand, one that does scare them when it goes bang, and one they get on paper the best with. Then I tell them to please come back and buy it from me.

      If any ladies have anything else I should add please let me know.

      Comment

      • #4
        movie zombie
        Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jul 2007
        • 14644

        ticks me off when guys here at calguns post that they want the female in their life to have a gun and then it really seems what they're wanting is an excuse to buy the gun they really want. they'll ask another man's opinion rather than asking a woman. and they don't take the woman in question to a range to fire the guns herself and get her involved in the process.

        also, i didn't buy at a bay area shop recently because while i get decent service when i go in by myself, the last time my hubby went with me and while the gun was my idea and for me [i'd been in to see it before], all the eye contact and conversation was directed to hubby. and i was a repeat customer having bought two used guns there prior to my hubby ever stepping into the place.

        thanks for your post! guys say they want women involved in the "sport" and 2nd amendment issues but their actions speak louder.

        mz
        "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
        Originally posted by The Shootist
        Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

        Comment

        • #5
          Darklyte27
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 9372

          "i want a 22 for the wife"

          Oh yea? you afraid she will out shoot you?

          let him turn red..
          2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

          Chickens

          Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

          Comment

          • #6
            halifax
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4440

            Maybe they figure they'd have a better chance of surviving a shot from a .22

            Damn. Darklyte beat me to it.
            Jim


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              sorensen440
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2007
              • 8612

              My gf would kick me if I suggested a 22 for self defense
              She prefers the feel of a full size 45 acp
              "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

              Comment

              • #8
                WallyGeorge
                Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 407

                Maybe the customer is pissed that you aren't listening to what they want and subjecting them to an opinion/agenda? (Trying to be helpful here...)
                Last edited by WallyGeorge; 04-25-2009, 12:58 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  n2k
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1513

                  Originally posted by halifax
                  Maybe they figure they'd have a better chance of surviving a shot from a .22

                  Damn. Darklyte beat me to it.
                  I think Darklyte was saying the wife will out shoot the man,

                  your stating the wife will shoot the man.

                  If Scenario 2 is more likely, don't get her one.....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Seesm
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7812

                    I am building my lady a Ar pistol in 5.56 as we speak to protect her at home.... So I am with you.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Saigon1965
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 17278

                      Just get me the ladies' phone numbers is all I ask -

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ke6guj
                        Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 23725

                        Originally posted by WallyGeorge
                        Maybe the customer is pissed that you aren't listening to what they want and subjecting them to an opinion/agenda? (Trying to be helpful here...)
                        There is nothing wrong with suggesting an alternate and trying to explain it.. Now, if you keep harping on it after they have heard your suggestion and decined it, then they may be justified in being upset.
                        Jack



                        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          triggerhappy
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 1121

                          Originally posted by Maddog5150
                          Why is it douchebags always come in to the gunstore I work with thier moms, girlfriends, wives and say, "oh I need something for a WOMAN to protect the home. She needs a 22 revolver!" Then cop the biggest attitude with me when I try to explain some other options.
                          Yeah the 22 doesnt have recoil but neither does most resonable weapons. But hey, I'm just an instructor and a counter jockey. What do I know?
                          What about the tens of thousands of female soldiers out there who have been taught to shoot an M9 or dating back a few decades the 1911? What about the countless female officers out there who shoot something bigger than a 22?
                          I know this doesnt apply to ladies here on this forum but if a guy says ,"little lady, you need a mini revolver or a twenty five auto." Kick him in the balls.

                          Oh yeah. I love how insecure these guys are when they feel they need to speak for thier ladies. Like I ask her a question and he answers for her. Takes the firearm first before she can hold it or never lets her touch it or gets pissed off when I ask her the questions and make eye contact with her instead of him.
                          You're obviously trying to steal their women... Be a team player. Even if she's an IPSC champ, sell her the .22, it's the proper thing.
                          Originally posted by UBFRAGD
                          When I say people though, I am referring to fellow Americans who have jobs and trucks and guns and consider taking a day or two off work to drive to the boonies and let the lead out. The other 6.something billion of humanity is totally suspect, though.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Maddog5150
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 10526

                            LOL. Your right. Im trying to steal these women who are old enough to be my mother. No offense but I'm not as old as I feel :P
                            I always ask what they are using the firearm for. If its just target shooting I butt out.
                            More often than not its to protect the home. My mother is almost sixty and uses a 357.
                            lol. I even brought up the mock trial of the guy from back east who actually shot someone with a .22 and it bouncing off his head
                            Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

                            For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
                            Note: I did not write the above article.

                            Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              nick
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 19152

                              Just a thought. Has any one of you ever considered that it's a good idea for a new shooter to start with a .22?

                              My girlfriend and I got our first two handguns (at her insistence, actually, she wanted to learn how to shoot) a year ago; a Glock 35 and a Taurus Tracker 627. The idea was that we'd also get a .22 conversion kit for Glock 35 that she'll start learning on, but to make the long story short we only got our first .22 some months later. In the meantime she ended up initially not liking the Taurus (that's changed though) and loving the G35. However, she's acquired a lot of bad habits as a result of starting off with a bigger round. It took a .22 handgun (which she doesn't like and calls a firecracker. I had to almost force her to use it to correct her bad habits (almost, for you don't force a Scandinavian woman with a gun in her hands if long-term survival is your goal)), a misfire in one of our 9mm, and a lot of work for her to get rid of those habits. The habits that could've been avoided if she started off with a .22.
                              Last edited by nick; 04-25-2009, 2:01 PM.
                              DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

                              DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1