Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Free Make-up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Matt C
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2006
    • 7128

    Free Make-up

    Just noticed this: www.cosmeticssettlement.com.
    I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

    The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
  • #2
    stphnman20
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2005
    • 6583

    Yeah my girl went crazy at nordstorms..

    She said you can only get one item..

    Comment

    • #3
      Vin496
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 8804

      I was trying to figure what was going on. I was at South Coast picking up some cards for my son's valentines, and as I was walking outside I saw this line of at least 1000 people waiting to get into Nordstom. I called my wife to asked her if she knew what was happening, she didn't.
      I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

      and

      If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

      Comment

      • #4
        Annie Oakley
        Senior Member
        • May 2007
        • 811

        I love Este Lauder, but I'm not going to stand in line for that.
        sigpic "This we'll defend"- U.S. Army Motto
        "I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." --Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906), speech in San Franscisco, July 1871

        NRA Life Member

        Comment

        • #5
          bohoki
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 20826

          wow i guess i could use some nail polish for primer sealant

          and coloring in my selector markings


          ooh and some clear

          Comment

          • #6
            sierratangofoxtrotunion
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 4875

            Each store was shipped a certain number of a particular item of each brand. Your free makeup is *that item* not *you pick out whatever you want at the counter and it's free.* My wife was telling me the details of it and I kind of ran the numbers real quick in my head: assuming the free item's original value was $10, there was only enough free product for 1 out of 6 American women. My wife works for Clinique, and she told me that they did indeed run out of the free items early. Women were coming in in the late afternoon and getting loud and indignant when they couldn't get their free item.

            Soooo only 1 in 6 actually got something, and it was probably some lame chapstick or something. And they stood there for hours to get it.

            Edit: I looked up the Clinique item, it looks like it's normal value would be around $20. If that were the average item value for all the various free items being given out, there'd be enough for 1 out of 12 women.
            Last edited by sierratangofoxtrotunion; 01-22-2009, 12:37 PM.
            Originally posted by Rob454
            I would bang her till her insurance kicked in. I'll tear that up.
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            I need your help. Rush over here with shovels, half-naked girls and lots of beer!
            Originally posted by SVT_Fox
            im 26 and I feel like a creep trying to mack the 18 year old, i still do it, but I feel creepy.

            Comment

            • #7
              tango5
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2276

              Originally posted by stphnman20
              Yeah my girl went crazy at nordstorms..

              She said you can only get one item..
              Yeah, my mother in law went to Macy's i think, she said the lines for free make up was crazy. She heard some ladies say that it was the 4th store the went to, to get free stuff. Ladies are hitting up all the stores to get as much free stuff as they can.
              US Army Veteran
              1995-2003 31U Commo Chief

              "You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" -Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (WW2)

              Comment

              • #8
                MsJamie
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2005
                • 38

                I work at Macy's, so I wasn't eligible for the free stuff. I did see the list, though, and there wasn't anything on it that would make me stand in that line even if I could.

                In our mall, there's also a Bloomingdale's, a Nordstrom's, and a Nieman Marcus. Some people came out and spent the whole day waiting in line.

                Comment

                • #9
                  lilamyb83
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 21

                  I'm STFU's wife, the one who works for Clinique.

                  Yeah, the Clinique item was a mini-jar of Moisture Surge that was probably worth about $15-$20. SO not worth the wait for that.

                  There was one lady who was pregnant, she went into a dressing room and changed her shirt, like, 4 times to get more free stuff. And there was a guy who would stand with a different chick every time and then, after he got the free thing, he'd come over and ask how much that item normally cost and then get on his cell phone and find someone to buy it from him. It was INSANITY!

                  By the way, speaking of free stuff, it's Bonus Time at Gottschalks Clinique counters right now, and on March 10 the Lancome Gift starts at Gottschalks. Estee Lauder is after Lancome - I think the date is March 31.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1