Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Blue Jean Baby

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BadKitty
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1409




    I picked up my package today. Thank you for the quick turn around time! I agree with BonnieB, the leather is nice and the fleece backing is soft. I always worry if my weapon will fit into the Kydex properly (not too loose and not too tight); but, I was relieved to find that my weapon fit just right.

    Because of the G19's size, I intend to use this holster for OWB. With that in mind, I removed the clips so that I could lace my belt though the slots. My next visit to the range with the G19 will be on 6/15. So, we'll see how the holster holds up!
    Last edited by BadKitty; 05-27-2015, 4:38 PM.
    Meowr!

    Comment

    • #17
      Profiler
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2015
      • 76

      This is a nice looking holster. It looks a little larger than most, but I'm new to this whole scene.

      Do you make it for the sigsauer P239?

      Profiler

      Comment

      • #18
        grantar2
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 3581

        Originally posted by Profiler
        This is a nice looking holster. It looks a little larger than most, but I'm new to this whole scene.

        Do you make it for the sigsauer P239?

        Profiler
        Profiler

        I have one for P239 in Chobia (Black to Brown) http://packinfurdefense.com/products...r-color-cohiba

        If you would like it, let me know as were going be at the Costa Mesa gun show and I can pull it from stock so we don't accident sell it. Alternately if you have a leather and thread combination you would prefer we can have one custom made for you like we did for Bad Kitty and Bonnie. Beware though as if it's different from the colors we already stock you may have to help name it.

        See the holster we have in stock here: http://packinfurdefense.com/products...r-color-cohiba

        If you order it, use coupon code Calguns10 for a 10% discount.

        Comment

        • #19
          grantar2
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2014
          • 3581

          Originally posted by Profiler
          This is a nice looking holster. It looks a little larger than most, but I'm new to this whole scene.

          Do you make it for the sigsauer P239?

          Profiler
          As a note our hybrid is actually slightly smaller than most 2 clip hybrids. My supplier uses quality materials and shape that allow the same or better performance without the additional mass.

          If you can visit our store in Mission Viejo, you can try some on.

          Comment

          • #20
            BadKitty
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 1409

            Originally posted by BadKitty


            Because of the G19's size, I intend to use this holster for OWB. With that in mind, I removed the clips so that I could lace my belt though the slots. My next visit to the range with the G19 will be on 6/15. So, we'll see how the holster holds up!

            OK! Range report! As I said, in my previous post, I wasn't going to be able to try the holster out until today and I did.

            The holster cross draw IWB was very comfortable and the clips seemed sturdy and held my belt. It was a bit bulky for cross draw IWB; but, I think that's ONLY because my weapon, a Glock 19, is somewhat large for concealed carry (and it's not my carry weapon anyway). I imagine that this holster for a smaller weapon would be better than using it for a larger weapon (for a woman, YMMV). Though, I'm thinking that IWB 4 o' clock would also work ok. In either position, the fleece backing was nice and soft!

            I generally carry my G19 OWB 3 o' clock at the range and, with that in mind, I removed the belt clips and laced the holster to my belt via the belt slots. This was a more practical arrangement for me given the G19's size. I think I need to break the holster in a little bit so that the leather flexes and hugs my hip a bit more; but, the kydex was secure and the leather holster itself seemed like good quality.

            Thanks!
            Meowr!

            Comment

            • #21
              grantar2
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2014
              • 3581

              Originally posted by BadKitty
              OK! Range report! As I said, in my previous post, I wasn't going to be able to try the holster out until today and I did.

              The holster cross draw IWB was very comfortable and the clips seemed sturdy and held my belt. It was a bit bulky for cross draw IWB; but, I think that's ONLY because my weapon, a Glock 19, is somewhat large for concealed carry (and it's not my carry weapon anyway). I imagine that this holster for a smaller weapon would be better than using it for a larger weapon (for a woman, YMMV). Though, I'm thinking that IWB 4 o' clock would also work ok. In either position, the fleece backing was nice and soft!

              I generally carry my G19 OWB 3 o' clock at the range and, with that in mind, I removed the belt clips and laced the holster to my belt via the belt slots. This was a more practical arrangement for me given the G19's size. I think I need to break the holster in a little bit so that the leather flexes and hugs my hip a bit more; but, the kydex was secure and the leather holster itself seemed like good quality.

              Thanks!
              But are you happy? I know it needs breaking in, should take a day or so, but I am concerned your happy.

              One of the nice things about these holsters is that if you ordered one for a smaller gun, the leather backing would be smaller to. Unlike some brands that use a one size fits most approach to backing this manufacture does not.

              How was the draw? You indicate retention was good, and the backing comfortable.

              Comment

              • #22
                BadKitty
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 1409

                Originally posted by grantar2
                But are you happy? I know it needs breaking in, should take a day or so, but I am concerned your happy.

                One of the nice things about these holsters is that if you ordered one for a smaller gun, the leather backing would be smaller to. Unlike some brands that use a one size fits most approach to backing this manufacture does not.

                How was the draw? You indicate retention was good, and the backing comfortable.
                Yes, I am happy with the holster. I appreciate that you go the extra mile to ensure that your customers are satisfied with your products.

                To answer your question at the bottom, the draw was good as was re-holstering. When I think back on my range trip yesterday, I don't recall much about the holster. Think about it - if I don't remember having to fuss with the holster, then that is a good thing. Apparently it did it's job so well that nothing stood out as a problem to me!
                Meowr!

                Comment

                • #23
                  grantar2
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 3581

                  Bad Kitty very glad your happy. I don't know about going the extra mile, I just know I want delighted customers.

                  When I worked at Northrop Grumman my boss Brick Nelson had the most carrier landings in Naval Aviation history, and the most night landings. Over the main exit to the F/A-18 Center Fuselage production line in El Segundo, was a huge banner that showed an F/A-18 about to slam into the deck to catch the wire. The top of the banner reminded the mechanics "Your torqued assemblies will be tested" They all knew what would happen if something failed. I feel the same way about out concealed carry products. Satisfaction matters.

                  Thanks for shopping with us.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    KR_H
                    Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 151

                    Originally posted by grantar2
                    Over the main exit to the F/A-18 Center Fuselage production line in El Segundo, was a huge banner that showed an F/A-18 about to slam into the deck to catch the wire. The top of the banner reminded the mechanics "Your torqued assemblies will be tested" They all knew what would happen if something failed. I feel the same way about out concealed carry products. Satisfaction matters.

                    Thanks for shopping with us.
                    Since I'm a visual person, this point made an impression on me, Grantar. Well put.
                    ~ If you can't invest in gold, invest in lead and brass

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1