Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL 03 questions.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byram
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 7

    FFL 03 questions.

    I have searched the forums for my questions and there seems to be A LOT of threads, so I will just ask these here (please let me know if I am doing this the hard way):

    I have my 03 FFL, and my COE is in the mail.

    I need to request a DROS account, so I went here:
    Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) Entry Systen (DES)


    And to request an account, I need to have a CFD, COE, FFL, and CDL numbers.

    How the hell do I get a CFD as a C&R?



    This alphabet soup is driving me nuts!!!!
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    you don't get a CFD as an 03FFL. why would you want one? why are you requesting a DROS account?
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      byram
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 7

      I was told that I need to DROS my guns, so wouldnt getting a DROS account be easier?

      Comment

      • #4
        byram
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 7

        Am I missing something?

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          a DROS account is for dealers so that they can DROS firearms to you.

          as a consumer, you don't need, and can't get, a DROS account.


          if you are receiving C&R longguns, you can receive direct since you will have the 03+COE, no need to DROS through a dealer.

          but for C&R handguns, they need to be shipped to a dealer where they will DROS them to you. your 03+COE only helps you in a couple ways; you are exempt from the 10-day wait, no need for an HSC/FSC, no need to do a HSD, no need for a firearms lock to satisfy federal law (so you can use a safe affidavit for CA law), no federal requirement to fill out a 4473 (many dealers will still have you do that because they are ignorant of the law).
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            byram
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 7

            thank you very much, i have been so confused.... if you need to lock this thread, please go ahead... unless you want to keep it open for other questions regarding 03s

            Comment

            • #7
              TRICKSTER
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2008
              • 12438

              You need to report any C&R purchase not transferred through a CA Dealer with DOJ. For long gun purchases in state or mailed to your home use this form and send it in within 30 of receipt of the long gun.


              All in state handgun purchases must go through a dealer and would be DROS by the dealer. The only thing you need to do is enter the firearm in your Bound Book.

              For any C&R purchase , long gun or handgun, made in person while you are out of state, you need to use this form and send it in within 5 days of bringing the firearm into the state.


              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1