So, have any California dealers been shipped the new improved(safer "A" stamped) revolvers from your sources yet?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SMITH & WESSON "A" REVOLVERS?
Collapse
X
-
SMITH & WESSON "A" REVOLVERS?
Tags: None -
I have yet to see any, but I also haven't tried to order them recently.You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
Incoming fire has the right of way.
-
At my old shop we got two. One was a 686+ and the other was a new model 66, both were from either Davidsons or RSR.I'm a big old, bourbon-soaked cigar-huffing ***, as God in his infinite wisdom meant me to be. - Charlie Sheen.Comment
-
Was the SKU at Davidsons and RSR showing "A" in it? Or did you just get lucky?UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web​ / email / vendor forum
I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Amazon Links Posted May be Paid LinksComment
-
I was pretty sure the M66 would have the "A" on it because to when it was released. The 686+ we got lucky. I was planning on SAEing it if it didn't have the "A".I'm a big old, bourbon-soaked cigar-huffing ***, as God in his infinite wisdom meant me to be. - Charlie Sheen.Comment
-
UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
web​ / email / vendor forum
I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Amazon Links Posted May be Paid LinksComment
-
My take on the matter. DOJ ruled that Smith & Wesson made minor model changes that made the current firearms "new" models that needed re-testing.
The "A" stamp was a deal made between S&W/DOJ to get these "new" models back on the roster without re-testing.Last edited by DEPUTYBILL; 12-22-2014, 9:37 AM.Comment
-
I've received a few A revolvers. Mostly 686-6 and 686-6 plus models. All went to CA.sigpic
Private 10 acre range rentals
[/URL]Comment
-
Any other CA. FFL's get any?
I saw an out of state FFL on gun broker, said he has a 627PC that he said was "A" stamped for Ca. sale.Comment
-
Talked to S&W directly the "A" models are for California only on revolvers and they ARE NOT on a continuous production line, they will make limited runs in between other production runs.
Which means prices for S&W revolvers will go up because supply will be limited and then of course the jokers will try to get around it to get inflated profit.
S&W logs the serial numbers on the "A" stamped revolvers and if for any reason one that was stamped "A" by some joker is sent to S&W then that revolver will not be returned to California and the warranty voided because it would be a off roster revolver according to the manager I talked to,
SO I would be EXTRA careful where you guys are buying your S&W revolvers, to good to be true then it most likely is, especially from other out of state FFLs since S&W distributors have been informed "A" stamped are for CA only. If one ever pops up and gets shipped to S&W for repairs or custom work that was stamped with a "A" not from the factory you can bet your customer will be suing you for a full refund.Last edited by Gunsmith Dan; 01-07-2015, 9:59 AM.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,577
Posts: 25,149,411
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32979 users online. 45 members and 32934 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment