So I bought a used handgun through FFL #1, DROSed on 8/31.
I DROSed a new handgun purchase from a FFL #2 on 9/23.
I assumed the used handgun was exempt from the 1 in 30 rule- turns out since the seller mailed the used gun to the FFL, it was likely run as a new handgun, not a PPT as seller was not present - my ignorant mistake (right?)
Today, FFL #2 informed me that I was denied for 1 in 30 violation and they informed FFL #2 that I could DROS again on Oct 24 (that's 30 days after failed DROS #2)
Seems that I should be able to DROS again on 9/31, 30 days after 1st DROS, right?
FFL#2 advised I should either wait, or fax a letter to the DOJ to try to clear it up.
So my questions to you all:
Do I really have to wait until 10/24 as punishment, or is this a mistake?
Is it worth the trouble to fax a letter (will it work?), or should I just wait the extra 3 weeks?
Am I on now on someone's s***list for violating CA's holy gun law?
Thanks, team!
I DROSed a new handgun purchase from a FFL #2 on 9/23.
I assumed the used handgun was exempt from the 1 in 30 rule- turns out since the seller mailed the used gun to the FFL, it was likely run as a new handgun, not a PPT as seller was not present - my ignorant mistake (right?)
Today, FFL #2 informed me that I was denied for 1 in 30 violation and they informed FFL #2 that I could DROS again on Oct 24 (that's 30 days after failed DROS #2)
Seems that I should be able to DROS again on 9/31, 30 days after 1st DROS, right?
FFL#2 advised I should either wait, or fax a letter to the DOJ to try to clear it up.
So my questions to you all:
Do I really have to wait until 10/24 as punishment, or is this a mistake?
Is it worth the trouble to fax a letter (will it work?), or should I just wait the extra 3 weeks?
Am I on now on someone's s***list for violating CA's holy gun law?
Thanks, team!

Comment