Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Father/Son (Idaho/California) Transaction

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lithium0073
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 33

    Father/Son (Idaho/California) Transaction

    Hi CalGunners,
    What does one need to do to transfer a gun from a father living in Idaho to a son living in California?

    Your help is always appreciated.
  • #2
    kemasa
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2005
    • 10706

    It has to go through a CA FFL. There is a FAQ regarding this, as well as the wiki.
    Kemasa.
    False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

    Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

    Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

    Comment

    • #3
      Librarian
      Admin and Poltergeist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 44689

      See also the Calguns Foundation Wiki articles on

      Intrafamilial transfer - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Tr...Family_Members

      Interstate transfer - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Tr...rms_Interstate
      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

      Comment

      • #4
        md2bpo
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2013
        • 1404

        I'm in a bit of a different situation...with this law in mind, Father to Son same state. But I (the son) want to PPT the long gun (a lower in this case) to an unrelated party once I get it from my Father.

        If I understand it correctly, Father to Son long gun transfers need no documentation if both parties are in the same state. Is this correct?

        Here's the story:
        I am selling my dads lower to someone here in the bay area (my dad is in sacramento). My dad can't make it to the bay area where the buyer is. I was going to have my dad FFL to FFL transfer the lower and have the buyer meet me at the bay area shop.

        If there is no documentation needed for father son transfers, can my dad 'give' me his lower when I am in sacramento this weekend, and then I head back to the bay area with the lower and PPT it between myself the new buying party?

        Sound complicated I know.

        Thanks in advance.
        34 States and counting...
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Quiet
          retired Goon
          • Mar 2007
          • 30242

          Originally posted by md2bpo
          If there is no documentation needed for father son transfers, can my dad 'give' me his lower when I am in sacramento this weekend, and then I head back to the bay area with the lower and PPT it between myself the new buying party?
          What you ask is legal.
          sigpic

          "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

          Comment

          • #6
            md2bpo
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2013
            • 1404

            Originally posted by Quiet
            What you ask is legal.
            Beautiful! Thanks for the confirmation!
            34 States and counting...
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1