I am in So Cal and trading a rifle for a on roster pistol with a guy in Centeral Cali. Myself and the pistol trader are both going to be shipping our firearms to recieving FFL's in our areas. Few questions for clarification for when I go to my FFL and if you can reference PC it would be appreciated.
1) does the recieving FFL have to give his FFL # or a copy of his FFL so I can confirm he is a Valid FFL for me to ship to? Both of us are non-licensed individuals, so how does he log it into his book since there are no requirements for me to have an FFL to ship it, only to the reciever of the firearm?
2) since this is not a PTP does this get logged in as a dealer sale?
3) sales tax for this, how do you charge state sales tax when nothing was sold, only traded?
4) If the dros was to come back denied for one of us, how would the other person recover their firearm back from the reciving FFL? he cannot just mail the weapon back can he?
Sorry if these are commonly asked questions, but figured I'd go to the experts
1) does the recieving FFL have to give his FFL # or a copy of his FFL so I can confirm he is a Valid FFL for me to ship to? Both of us are non-licensed individuals, so how does he log it into his book since there are no requirements for me to have an FFL to ship it, only to the reciever of the firearm?
2) since this is not a PTP does this get logged in as a dealer sale?
3) sales tax for this, how do you charge state sales tax when nothing was sold, only traded?
4) If the dros was to come back denied for one of us, how would the other person recover their firearm back from the reciving FFL? he cannot just mail the weapon back can he?
Sorry if these are commonly asked questions, but figured I'd go to the experts

Comment