Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Year A&D book

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ebola1282
    Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 176

    New Year A&D book

    I read in an earlier post (10%'s??) that some of you that use excel for your A&D books transfer all current inventory to a new book every year. I like the idea of having a clean book that can be used every year and am planning on doing the same.

    What do you guys put for your 2012 disposition and again for your 2013 receipt? Do you just log it out of your 2012 as transfer to 2013 books or do you actually file a CFLC to your self and work everything as a full out transfer?

    I am just getting everything setup and ready for an easy new year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

    Dan
    NRA Life Member
    NSSF Member
  • #2
    tenpercentfirearms
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2005
    • 13007

    Here is my dispositions from last year.

    1/7/2012 | Ten Percent Firearms | Moved to 2012 A&D Book

    The firearms are not transferred to another FFL, so no CFLC is issued.

    I also don't change the incoming date in the new book. Jan from the Fresno office seemed fine with this.

    In the end, they just want to know where your guns went. So as long as you have that data and keep it clean, you should be fine. When in doubt, call up your auditor and ask.

    At the start of this year I had 72 pages of guns in inventory. I am now at 163 pages with a month to go. It is much, much easier to cut those pages in over half at the start of each new year.

    Again, I use Excel as a back up so searching for guns is easy. Still, not having to flip through so many pages is definitely nice.
    Last edited by tenpercentfirearms; 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM.
    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

    Comment

    • #3
      Ebola1282
      Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 176

      Thanks bro, I have everything set up pretty much the same just wanted to see what you said with out driving out to Taft and talking in person lol.
      NRA Life Member
      NSSF Member

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1