Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

07 ffl sse

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glock26
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 2

    07 ffl sse

    I am in the process of wanting to do a sse on Glock gen4 and XDM's. I know the barrels need to be a minimum of 6" but overall gun length of 10.5. My question is, where do I find the barrels or am I going to have to manufacture them??
  • #2
    Toby's Tactical
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 241

    For common guns you might easily find long barrels such as http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...272598&CAT=240 but for new models you might have to make your own or contract with a machine shop. My family company has a large machine shop (unrelated to firearms) but we can make pretty much anything. I'm working on this right now by request from some other dealers. I have an 07 FFL but the consensus is that an 01 FFL can do the barrel swaps; not sure about manufacturing parts for this intended purpose. Send me a private message with your contact info.
    Toby's Tactical
    07FFL/02SOT
    Mountain View, CA

    Comment

    • #3
      kemasa
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2005
      • 10706

      Actually, there is some question about the barrel swap and whether is is considered manufacturing. The barrel is not the same size. Look at the BATF FAQ regarding manufacturing and you will see some things which are not really manufacturing, yet that is what they consider it, at least that is what they say.

      It depends on who owns the firearm and who is doing the work, as well as what the work is, not to mention who is making the determination.

      IF it is considered manufacturing, then the marking requirements have to be followed.

      Based on what I know, it is an unknown.
      Kemasa.
      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1